Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow
    #808785 - 03/26/16 02:25 AM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Hello Everyone!

So this is my first grow log so bare with me...

I started 5 fem. White Widow seeds on 3/21/16 and all of them sprouted on the 2nd day this morning 3/25/16 I picked out the best three to go in to soil and in to my 2'x4'x5' tent with my 400w MH cheap ass setup my soil mix is just coco coir, Perlite, and topsoil It has been about 16 years since I grew bud and all this inside growing and nutrients are very new to me I was taught to use basicly trash for my compost soil mixes outside but not gonna drag that crap inside my house so I'm using General Hydroponics nutes and following directions I was gonna do side by side tests and all kinds of other nonsense but I think it was just excitement so I'm just gonna keep it simple this run and see how it goes the other two sprouts are sitting on my window sill right now I'm gonna put those in to my buddies super soil to see what happens but that's about it...
as you can see I had a little issue with these new fangled smart pots the top looked dry so I went to water them and boom water all over the fucking place apparently they were just fine so says the soil tester thing... let me know if I'm missing anything and any advice is appreciated
Mahalo for reading!:popcorn:

The Road So Far...

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Edited by Baron_Samedi (07/08/16 07:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #808791 - 03/26/16 08:58 AM (8 years, 3 days ago)

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/806657

I think smaller pots are better for little babies

I like to start them in a 1/2 pint to a pint of soil. Give em maybe a week ish in that.

Then transplant to a gallon pot. The gallon pot I leave them in until I can sex them.

Once they are sexed, is when I transplant the ladies into whatever flower pot I wanna use. The males I leave in the gallons pots for few weeks just to make sure they're males.

A bigger pot, provides more of a chance for your soil to stay overly wet for too long. Which could lead to fungi or bugs in ur soil. There is no root system to draw the water from the bottom of the big pot and won't be for some time.

So keeping them in small pots helps w that. The roots will grow through most of the soil rather quickly and will be drawing water from the entire body of soil. Which will allow all the soil to dry up and that will allow ur plant roots to breath.

The best way to tell if it's time to water, is by picking up the pot and feeling how heavy it is. So it right after watering

Then keep checking it so u can get a feel for how heavy it is when wet and u will be able to tell when it's dry by the weight of the pot and by ur plants reaching for the sky... they flare up kinds when thirsty and if u wait too long after the flare they will dry up some on u

Having such a large pot, makes it hard to keep ur watering even. Hard to keep the soil moisture content even that way.. cause the bottom of the pot will stay wet and heavy and the top will dry out.

Since ur plants so small u Wil need to water the top of the soil to keep the little root system from drying up. That root system hasn't reached the bottom of the pot and it won't for a week or more prob.

It won't start sapping the water from the bottom of the pot until it grows roots down there to do so. So watering in those big pots will be somewhat trickier

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (03/26/16 09:10 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Nevar44]
    #808801 - 03/26/16 04:28 PM (8 years, 3 days ago)

Thanks man yea I know my pots are huge it's what I have and I wasn't thinking when I transplanted to use like cups or whatever the roots on those were really aggressive grew through the plug and was curling at the bottom of the dish so I freaked and popped em in to soil so I am checking them more than usual about every 12 hrs all the spilled water is gone and the moisture is still great
I have the other two in small cups I have a habit of putting plants in huge pots I have always just let my plants do their thing with minimal interference water,feed, and tend if it needs it...
I am having ano issue figuring how high my lights need to be right now they are about 1' away is that about right?

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#808829 - 03/27/16 11:14 AM (8 years, 2 days ago)

1ft may be close enough to stress...
I (used to) keep a 400w HPS at least 18" away this early in growth.

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #808858 - 03/27/16 07:01 PM (8 years, 2 days ago)

thanks I'll change that up and see no stress signs yet but a bit hard to tell this young I moved it down from about 2ft because they looked like they were reaching a lot for light

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#808951 - 03/29/16 01:23 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

well changed the hight and it looks good the soil tester thing says it's still norm+ so I'll take that as fine no very exciting pics but the little guys are moving :popcorn:

Oh also got P.alba cuttings and Calea Z sprouts in there too

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Edited by Baron_Samedi (03/29/16 01:27 AM)

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#808954 - 03/29/16 01:47 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

The seed ling looks like it's possibly trying to get away from the light

It's Def not stretching, it's curled in a manner that says it doesn't wanna go any closer to ur light source..

U may already b aware of this, u said u just moved the light further away is this why u had done that?? Def good move if so

Hey if u ever have any qs about any input I've given please ask me to elaborate. I ask stupid qs all day long trying to learn myself no harm there at all in my book lol :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#808955 - 03/29/16 02:32 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

yea after resin mentioned it I went to check and saw they were ducking down so I'm moved it up like 6" the back two bent cause I accidently sprayed them both hard with a narrow stream when I was messing with my water bottle it slipped from my hands and when I caught it it shot everywhere and pinned those little guys to the dirt so I had to carefully pull them out but they were now top heavy with droplets so I just let them go I didn't want to mess with them as much as possible

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#809133 - 04/01/16 02:44 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 10

still just little ladies the other two are going in to 3gal bags with my buddies super soil tomorrow night pretty interested to see how that's gonna do

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#809666 - 04/04/16 10:32 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 13
ok so a few changes...
First I added one 1gal Hydro bucket for shits and giggles though I used a soft plug for my seeds instead of rockwool so i had to fill the gaps with random shit i have laying around and I learned a valuable lesson do not foliar spray with nutes I like to spray my plants when they are little to build up stem strength but some of my leaves look burned so I sprayed them well with water and moved my light a few inches up to make sure it's not toasting them it's getting pretty hot these days so I may have to do a bucket A/C deal in there...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#809731 - 04/05/16 05:52 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 14
yup it's hot as hell in the tent it was 92 degrees so I had to change up my light cycle from 24hrs to 20/4 switch from noon to 4 the hottest times but added a supplemental LED flood light I was gonna use for flowering now using in the dark 4hrs so now my hid is at 24" from the top of the tallest plant also turned my shot gun bucket I'm gonna use for myco co2 in to a hillbilly A/C when I go in to flower I'll have space for 4 oyster logs but for now I'm gonna do a yeast jar just waiting for my fermenting caps to come in

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#810745 - 04/13/16 11:44 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Day 23

so over hauled the set up again I'm not sure why but all of my plants stalled except they sample hydro and one of the newly potted window seedling so I converted the rest to hydro in a med size tote about 5gal and kept the one potted seedling and everything seems much happier I also started a couple more seeds...
1 Agent Orange
1 Dreamin OG
1 KAT
1 KAT x Fucking Incredible
But only the Agent Orange and Dreamin OG popped they are regular seeds so praying for females but those are the 2 seedlings on the right side of the grow and they just took off and are catching up quick!

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#810746 - 04/14/16 12:06 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

My KAT and KAT x fi didn't do well. I'll never send anyone untested seeds again I'm sry and I'll replace then w good blue berry seeds after I test the blue berry very soon

My KAT went tmv get rid of em asap I'd say

Been meaning to tell u

Honestly it's just now really becoming apparent for me. Started two kat. One cracked one didnt. Same w the KAT x f.i.

Both plants them at DID crack look odd. Possible tmv. So I cracked three more of each

If all three of each don't do well I will contact the seed supplier. I think he will have fresher seeds to replace these with honestly ... :/ my bad

Plants looking better :smile: started some white widow myself

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

Edited by Nevar44 (04/14/16 12:36 AM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#810806 - 04/14/16 03:36 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

yea they didn't do anything but the Agent Orange popped easy like the Dreamin OG just lmk bro the blueberry sounds great but it's not your fault man

I'm learning inside growing is a very different monster than outside grows they both have different needs and you really have to retrain your thinking and start from scratch it's very humbling and I'm always happy to learn something new

on a side note I just added a fermenting jar to add some co2 but I knocked up some grain and other cult mediums to do a couple 1ft pink oyster logs to hang in the corners I have never been able to fruit oysters here but these are supposed to handle the temp so we will see either way I'll get something out of it

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

#810848 - 04/14/16 05:16 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

It is my fault for not testing the seeds before I gave them out i assumed that they would be good

I also assume did they will be replaced

Pretty sure he gave me old stock, which I will have to inform him has gone bad and they'll be replaced I hope

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineGrit
    #810860 - 04/14/16 07:09 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I'm hoping that dreamin og is female for you man! I have a couple plants with that polar bear og from the same breeder jammin out right now too. They're pretty young about a month old, I'm also hunting for a female. The two that I started popped right up no problems, real strong healthy plants.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Grit]
    #810873 - 04/14/16 09:26 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

yea buddy good luck to you too that one seedling is only a little older than a week I'm so stoked on how fast both those seedlings are catching up but also worried about weak stems so I've been knocking em around a bit more than the others

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #810874 - 04/14/16 09:28 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Re: 400w HID First Time Indoor Soil Grow White Widow [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #810888 - 04/15/16 12:06 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

They will do great stalks should thicken up

I wanna run some hydro soon see how it goes good luck :smile:

Jealous of ur agent orange can't wait to see if it's a girl

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

Trade List

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

#810897 - 04/15/16 03:12 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

yea I mean when they get a bit bigger I'm gonna use the 4 posts and some jump cord to make my first "screen" then before flower either hang wire for the top screen or lace one out of jump cord depending how the first one does but I'm gonna wait till they get tallied enough to work around the filter that's when I'll be worried about them 

I kinda wanted to try shaping one of my plants like a crazy bonsai but most likely I'm gonna do that with the dirt one if it lags behind the others too much

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag