Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBrandonJesseODell
Stranger
Ptsd
    #805956 - 02/14/16 09:37 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I've got ptsd and will be getting medical marijuana soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledirtyneedle
JB
Female User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
Re: Ptsd [Re: BrandonJesseODell]
    #826416 - 06/14/17 11:27 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I'm Schizoaffective (5 type Schizophrenia, Bipolar I, Insomnia, Anxiety disorders, Depression disorders, Tension disorders)

--------------------

Invisibledirtyneedle
JB
Female User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
Re: Ptsd [Re: dirtyneedle]
    #827048 - 07/05/17 06:20 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

and it would make sense to focus in on myself and allow no running, but only peace and calm to see what is most urgent with me.--the legs:cool:

--------------------

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
    #827898 - 08/14/17 06:20 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I also have PTSD, along with anxiety, and schizoaffective disorder.

I was wondering if marijuana would be good for these conditions in my particular situation, and if so, which strains would be best?

If someone could post here or pm me about which strains would be most beneficial and effective for me that would be great, thank you

cannabispatient

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Ptsd [Re: cannabispatient]
    #828124 - 08/25/17 12:23 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Hi, does anyone know which strains would be good for PTSD, which I know that I suffer from?

The wrong strain at the wrong place/time makes me feel horrible.

But I've noticed the right kind at the right time and place does just the opposite.

I just don't know enough about the different strains to be able to discern which strain or strains would be best for me.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Ptsd [Re: cannabispatient]
    #828129 - 08/25/17 07:28 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I would shoot for an indica with ~5% CBD for maximum chill.  Indica's grow shorter and have a stoney, sedative high, while sativa's are more cerebral with less couch-lock.

If you have dispensaries, ask what they have.  Some are fairly knowledgable about strains and cannabinoids/terps, same with growers.

Lavender oil can be quite effective for anxiety, I would look into that if you can't find any linalool strains.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
    #828470 - 09/11/17 10:25 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Watch out with schizophrenia and THC. It tends to bring the symptoms out more. Dabs tend to make it even worse. Sativa will bring it out more than indica. High CBD helps counteract the effects of THC. Controlling your intake will be difficult, and maybe best to restrict it to only night time.

Make sure to talk to your cannabis doctor about that.

For the medicinal value it takes high grade flower. Its really easy to get bud that just doesn't cut it. When it is high grade it tends to go for too much money or is gone quickly. That's why its best to grow your own. Find a strain or two that you like and stick with it.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ptsd [Re: phychotron]
    #828587 - 09/16/17 01:18 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Eh man.  Best way to treat is with edible oil.

Cbd is def not what makes indicas sedating old wives tail. Def dampens thc a bit tho.

I would look for at least 1:1 oil to start off with or can get cbd isolate and add to a pheonix tear type or tincture. Start sub 5mg of thc. Slowly over weeks bring it up slightly just a few mg every raise in dosage.  U may even benefit from a 10:1 cbd to thc before bed really knoxk down anxiety. I have talked to cannabis dr about some ptsd and says got a guy from smoking 3 4 grams a day to taking less then a gram worth in oil per day and has had much better results. The constant dosage is key esp for most medical conditions. As the cannabinoids physically help prevent ptsd memories from being trigered.

Smoking causes fast up and downs and not what u want esp if shitzofrenic. And cannabis may not be for u of tgats tge case. But if want to try micro dose edibles. Titrate very slow and use same dose at least for a few days before upping it. Its amazing when ur not tollerant how huge of a difference just stomach contents can make.  First can start 1 evening dose under 5mg of thc then as get more comfortable csn try small dose during day aswell or maybe just a straight cbd dose for day. Make sure at least 7 hours between dosage as can take 3 hours just to kick in. I have taken an edible not felt much went to bed an hour or so after eating Woke up and then couple hours after waking up i got my ass kicked! So like 9 hours later at least it kicked in! Think just sat in my stomach cause was asleep and breaky kicked it in.  Low and super slow cannot be stressed enough!  Ded google and read about others witg ptsd are finding works. Couole studies aswell u could reference.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds