Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskuller512
Stranger

Ideas for making my cabinet for a grow box?
    #793528 - 09/15/15 02:23 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I've got a kitchen cabinet with the dimensions of 30 7/8"x 19 5/8"x 65 7/8".(BxWxH)

I plan on doing separate veg/bloom rooms in the cabinet with the movable shelves i have. going to cut a 6" hole on the top left for venting out air, and two 4" holes on the bottom right for a passive intake. i need to remove the week back wood panel, and replace it with a sturdier one from home depot. then remove the two front doors, and figure out some way to make a seal-able door. im also probably going to need to re-nail the cabinet in general and add something to make sure its completely sealed. For lighting im Gonna go with some CFL's. i'm not sure which yet, but ill get bulbs for blooming and vegging, i also plan on putting some Florescent lights on the sides to help reach light to the plants. i plan on being able to  lower/raise the lights with chain links. (i'll move onto an MH/HPS set up later on as i add onto the grow box.) i'm not sure how i want to split the shelf yet for the veg/bloom rooms yet, but i'm trying to get maximum yield out of the box. hopefully i can fit 3 or 4 plants in each room. There are a few nearby hydroponic stores, and i plan on buying some reflective material, and inlet fan(not sure if i need a fan timer) reflective hood, multi bulb outlet for the CFL's. (ill get a carbon filter later on) i'm not sure how i'll set up an oscillating fan yet, maybe in the top corners of the rooms. I've currently got 5 plants, 4 vegg and 1 in bloom, soil base.i hope to neatly line all cords and place the electrical components outside of the box if i can. Heat might be an issue for now, as temps are reaching 91 degrees in san diego as of late. not sure what i should do to lower it. also, two of the plants are developing a bad case of spider mites, including the one in bloom. ill upload pics when i can.

My questions for this are:

• 1) im not sure what specific CFL bulbs to buy, or how many i should use for the rooms in the grow box, and which lights to put on the sides of the box.

• 2) not sure how i should place the shelves to divide 2 rooms in height.

• 3) How i should go about making a seal-able door for the box. it would be nice if i could reuse the doors and hinge ill be removing. any specific sealants i should use?

• 4)im planning on doing a hydro cycle as well, so i can get a little experience with another type of medium. I'd be hoping to basically build a box to place inside the vegg room, and then just move that whole box up into the bloom room when its ready, as opposed to just making it a permanent hydro box

• 5) is a 6" exhaust and two 4" passive intakes be enough to help circulate the box? how do i block light from escaping the holes? how should i set up inlet fan for exhaust?

• 6) how should i go about exterminating those spider mites? they're driving me crazy. they aren't that bad yet, but they will be soon.

• 7) i might want to put a small cloning section somewhere in there. not sure how i would split the shelf though.

• 8)heating might be an issue.

• 9) any and all input or ideas or criticism on how you think i should go about putting this together is encouraged.

thanks for reading, its greatly appreciated from me and my small grow team. we've all had experience in grows in some way, and were trying to use this as a way to freshen up our skills and see how well we work together. also, in a few month we'll be working on another legal (first one is legal is well), and much larger grow ROOM! hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to buy the supplies for this box and i should have all the tools and have it all set up for you guys to see, I'll upload pics as i progress in design.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates