Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
InvisibleP-O

Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread.
    #789812 - 08/16/15 10:52 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Right now im super into fitness/working out/runnimg/biking/and eating clean.  Im sure there are others on here who are into being strong, and healthy as fuck !!

Basically im gonna whore this thread with infographs, workouts, and other shit if find interesting.  Feel free to post shit, ask questions or whatever.

This thread might even inspire some of you fat fucks to get off the couch and get strong as fuck with me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: P-O] * 1
    #789813 - 08/16/15 11:01 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

This is so true.... working out a few times a week is easy.  Its eating clean to build muscle and burn fat, that is the hard part. 

I know guys that have been working out for years now,  they look fat 220-250lbs.  but they are strong as hell.... just all their gains (muscle) are under a layer of fat.  if you dont eat clean, you cant even tell you lift.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: P-O]
    #789818 - 08/16/15 11:30 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Good thread.  I've been slowly getting myself a routine going again. I've lost a lot of weight over the past 5 years, but I need to build the muscle back up.  Was 235, and sitting at 155 atm.  I would say about 30lbs of that was lost due to illness though so it was probably all muscle weight. 

What's your diet look like?  Do you eat the same thing several times a day?  The biggest pain in the ass about eating clean for me is getting a good variety without breaking the bank.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: cheezymold]
    #789823 - 08/16/15 12:17 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

My history:

i was a cig smoker and lazy as fuck my till i was 22, then i quit and started working out... gave 'er for years.  I was rippped at 205 of pure muscle at my peak.  Ended up doing a steroid cycle and got stong as fuck, but a shitty PCT made me not want to continue (so it fucked me in the end)

spent next 5 yrs smokin cigars and doing coke and partying hard as fuck.

Fast forward to a year ago... Im 215lb and feel weak and lazy all the time....  realize its time to get healthy once again

Started mountain biking this spring and got back into being healthy and fitness... then i decided its time to start lifting and doin cardio again and lose some fat.

So I was cutting for last 3 months, so I was eating tons of veggies/fruit/nuts/water... went from 214lbs to about 193lbs (6ft2").  So ive lost 20lbs of fat recently.... That was from eating SUPER clean, working out every second day,  and running about 4 days a week.  My workouts are super intense atm.... i do 200-225 pushups and 4x2min planks (for just my warmups every workout)

Sugar was the hardest shit to cutt from my diet.  Its added to everything....

Basically most "fruit juice" is garbage, and has tons of added sugar.  The liver can only process so much sugar at a time... so if your taking in 50 grams of sugar.  Almost all of it is being processed into the fat cells.  It was not until i cut most my sugar did i really start losing fat!

Clean food does cost more (chicken breast,steak, nuts, fruit veggies), compared to shit food (processed food, pop, chips, etc).  But the benefits physically and mentally are worth the extra cost.

i buy all my nuts in bulk at waly world, meat in bulk from costco, most my produce from local farmers markets or from this supermarket close by (great price of fruit)

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

#789827 - 08/16/15 01:30 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome thread bud. Just signed up at a gym a month ago so my girl and I have been working out together and stepping up our diet game. We try to eat organic and lotsa greens but it gets pricey.

Slowly seeing the hard work pay off as I've never really been cut up but it's coming along. Hitting the gym later in the afternoon today :aweyea:

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#789853 - 08/16/15 04:00 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

When I first got myself into a routine, I didn't see much progress at all.  It was when I quit alcohol that I started seeing a loss in fat.  That shit has just as much sugar as soda. 

I hate that they add sugar(corn syrup) to everything in the states.  Usually the second ingredient after water, even in foods and sauces.  Luckily, I don't have a sugar tooth at all so cutting it out is easy enough as long as I'm willing to prepare all of my own food. 

Farmer's markets are what's up.  Most of them here sell mystery boxes of veggies for a super cheap price.  Everything is fresh, but it's just an assortment of different veggies probably based on what inventory they have left. The only pain is when you get something you don't know how to cook, but the internet knows everything lol. 

Sounds like you got it going on.  Keep it up.  You too Mario.  The worst thing is signing a year contract and not going at least 4 times a week.

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: cheezymold]
    #789857 - 08/16/15 04:07 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Lol yea, that's what was happening until I stepped shit up. The cool thing about the gym I attend is that I can bring a guest with me so it's like im paying for two memberships at single membership prices.

Damn I need to hit up a Farmers Market then, I'm over paying.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleP-O

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: Sham87] * 1
    #789872 - 08/16/15 06:19 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Good to hear your getting strong Sham.  I used to be in the gym 5 days a week.  These days i just workout at home...

I got everything i need here.. plates, bars, kettlebells, heavy iron Db's (40-60lbs).  So i just converted a extra bedroom into my gym.  I like to be in my zone and just giver...

I used to do split workouts back in the day (different area's different days).  Now i do Full body workouts every second day.  Legs, core, chest, back, arms all in one workout!  Then i usually take more caff and go for a run.

I use 200-300mg of caff before every workout/run. With a caff boost im a fuckin beast :evil:

Ill start posting my workout routines in the future... everytime i workout i try and make it a tiny harder (more reps or weight). 

Feel free to post your routines.  No judgment on anything in here... any workout is better then none.

InvisibleP-O

#789874 - 08/16/15 06:30 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Ive never been into jogging or running ever in my life..  but i fuckin love it now!  When i started i could run 30 seconds at a time without getting winded.....  Now i do 5 mins at a time. 

I Just set timer on my phone and jog till the timer goes off, then walk for a min or so and do it again.  Usually do 5-8 5min sprints a run. 

Running is all mind vs body, to me.  Your legs are screaming stop, lungs feel like they are gonna burst, but you gotta tell your body to shut up, and just keep going.  Cant stop till you hear the timer go off... 

Hardest part is the first 10 mins... after that your warmed up and its easy

Edited by P-O (08/16/15 08:19 PM)

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

#789915 - 08/16/15 09:24 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Nice man :highfive: and thanks for that running meme, helps out.

I try to go every other day but I get lazy at times. I try to run about a mile and some change, I then work on my legs. After that I hit up the abs section and crank shit out and I lastly work on my arms.

Lately I've been taking 2 - 3 grams of krat before I head out and it helps out a ton with the endurance.

--------------------

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: Sham87]
    #789956 - 08/17/15 07:07 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Great thread.
I cut down a tree with an axe yesterday, so i consider myself pretty fit.
wish i could run though.
played soccer my whole life.
cant run without a fucking ball to chase, like a fuckin lab...
ive gotten a lil better with age, and have found i can make due with some music.
all in all though i dont lift, or gym ever. got buddies that do.
i got a door jam pull up bar i hit, a kettle ball and thats it.
then its just kickin the ball around once a week (hopefully), hiking when i can, and daily work like yesterday that keeps me goin strong.
i eat well too though, although my sweet tooth pisses me off and gets the best of me, particularly when stoned.
keep up the good work

cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

#789959 - 08/17/15 07:23 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
Ive never been into jogging or running ever in my life..  but i fuckin love it now!

I try but I get bored (probably do to technology-induced ADD). I much prefer biking. Gonna be a couple months before I can afford a new bike though so I need to force myself to run until then.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: Mycophile]
    #789991 - 08/17/15 12:21 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

200mg of caffeine + a couple hoots of nice sativa+ good music on loud (earbuds) = A beast mode run 

Im soaked in sweat by the time i get home, with a nice endorphin smile on my face (usually dizzy too):thumbup:

I live right beside a massive hilly park here.  the trails are so long and some are almost straight up/down.  Its perfect for running and biking... no crosswalks or lights to slow u down like city riding/runnin.  The only people you see are other joggers, people on bikes, or hippies doin drum shit.

The trails are amazing.  its only one block away from my house too.

I do enjoy urban mountain biking... rippin full speed through the city is insane and fun.  See so much shit going full speed down any road, alley or place u wanna go.  I go around cars, on sidewalk, down weird paths...  Urban mountain biking is intense for sure

InvisibleP-O

#790018 - 08/17/15 01:52 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Monday motivation

^ so true. lol

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

#790029 - 08/17/15 02:14 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

agreed.

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#790160 - 08/18/15 08:56 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

didnt realize this thread existed.

ive been thinking about upping my running to every day. so far its been every other day. i am getting faster and i am taking less breaks. my goal is to get to the end and back without taking a single break.

until i get more/ heavier weights, im going to work out daily with the dumbbell too. its only 20lbs, but it works, for now. i just have to do more reps.

i need to invest in a scale. if i were to guess, id say ove lost between 5-7 pounds in the last 2 weeks. alcohol really does pack on all that bullshit.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: poor boy]
    #790205 - 08/19/15 10:30 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

and sweets man

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#790207 - 08/19/15 10:43 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I've never really been into sweets. I do love my drum sticks, but ill buy 2-3 boxes a year. A box of 4-8.

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Growery's fitness/workouts/health/clean food thread. [Re: poor boy]
    #790213 - 08/19/15 11:06 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Is it deep fried?

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#790216 - 08/19/15 11:21 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

no, but we had fried mushrooms, fried pickles, and fried shrimp last night.

i can def feel the nasty effects... shit was good, but god damn. of course, i did add celery sticks to counter balance. :shrug:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags