Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRedRum42
Stranger
Salicyclic Acid - Aids root growth, photosynth, ion uptake, pathogen resistance ETC
    #778312 - 05/10/15 01:35 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

TL;DR Is a phenolic phytohormone helps plant growth and development, photosynthesis, transpiration, ion uptake and transport. Aids resistance to pathogens, even sends that resistance to nearby plants. Also an antibacterial. Helps with biosynthesis. Also reduces stress from bacteria, heat/cold, transplanting, soil, and other sources of stress.Seriously, what more could you want from a chemical? Just to clarify, it is very closely related to aspirin(acetylsalicyclic acid) and willow bark(Salicin), but not the same thing, so don't get confused. Though they have similar effects, SA is by far the most beneficial in many ways the others aren't.

From Wiki
Salicylic acid (SA) is a phenolic phytohormone and is found in plants with roles in plant growth and development, photosynthesis, transpiration, ion uptake and transport. SA also induces specific changes in leaf anatomy and chloroplast structure.[which?] SA is involved in endogenous signaling, mediating in plant defense against pathogens.[9] It plays a role in the resistance to pathogens by inducing the production of pathogenesis-related proteins.[10] It is involved in the systemic acquired resistance (SAR) in which a pathogenic attack on one part of the plant induces resistance in other parts. The signal can also move to nearby plants by salicylic acid being converted to the volatile ester, methyl salicylate.[11]

125g pure SA for about $7 at amazon

Works especially well with sprouting seeds and clones. It can be used as a rooting hormone/cloning gel in place of the usual gels and powders. This has been used for both weed and shroom growing with amazing success. Mix it in with your soil, or in the water you use on your plants, or 'inject' near the roots/bottom of clone stem/seed. Hydro/aero growers could just put in the water. About a gram per gallon of soil has been used with success, but it's likely that much more could be used, with much better results, but the risk of destroying one of his few plants is a risk that grower is unwilling to take atm.

WHY IS THIS UNHEARD OF.

You're welcome, I just changed growing forever.:wink:

Jk. mostly.

All 3 treated exactly the same except for amount of SA
Far left .5g/gallon... Middle 1.5g/gallon.... Right 4g/gallon. Unfortunately this is all the proof I have. (The slightly unhealthy look is because they were just transplanted, nonetheless into soil a little too heavily fertilized.)

Edited by RedRum42 (05/12/15 03:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Salicyclic Acid - Aids root growth, photosynth, ion uptake, pathogen resistance ETC [Re: RedRum42]
    #778329 - 05/10/15 05:14 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RedRum42 said:

WHY IS THIS UNHEARD OF.

You're welcome, I just changed growing forever.:wink:

5 year old thread:

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/402337

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflineRedRum42
Stranger
Re: Salicyclic Acid - Aids root growth, photosynth, ion uptake, pathogen resistance ETC [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #778380 - 05/11/15 11:58 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I'm not the first to bring this up I was sort of kidding. But i didn't want to get flamed for bumping a 5 year old thread.

Also, I was surprised by how little attention it got seeing as it can benefit a plant in like 5 or 6 important, different ways. Blows my mind that this isn't common knowledge by now. Come on people, give me your comments, your criticism, your confusion, and your consenting opinions.

Just to clarify, it is very closely related to aspirin(acetylsalicyclic acid) and willow bark(Salicin), but not the same thing, so don't get confused. Though they have similar effects, SA is by far the most beneficial in many ways the others aren't. Will add this to main post for clarification.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Salicyclic Acid - Aids root growth, photosynth, ion uptake, pathogen resistance ETC [Re: RedRum42]
    #778395 - 05/11/15 03:11 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Well...how do you get it cheaply and how do you use it would be my questions

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineRedRum42
Stranger
Re: Salicyclic Acid - Aids root growth, photosynth, ion uptake, pathogen resistance ETC [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #778424 - 05/11/15 07:23 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

125g pure SA for about $7 at amazon

That is one option. I can't remember where I found it the first time, I ordered basically a lifetime supply. I found that in about 30 seconds so I'm sure you could find it even cheaper.

Use it like any powdered fertilizer etc. If soil you can mix it in, or put it in the water your use on your plants, or 'inject' it near the roots/clone stem/seed with a syringe. If going hydro or aero, well, just mix it in the water. Experiment on your own, but overdoing it won't necessarily damage the plant. 1-6 grams has been used per gallon of soil without any visible detrimental effects. Makes a huge difference, especially in young seedlings/clones. Though use could benefit plants right up until harvest, for reasons listed above.

As said before, that grower doesn't have the resources to experiment much. And does not have a hydro setup to experiment, but I'm sure it'd work much the same.

Edited by RedRum42 (05/11/15 07:29 PM)

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #778444 - 05/11/15 11:33 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds neat to me

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineRedRum42
Stranger
Re: Salicyclic Acid - Aids root growth, photosynth, ion uptake, pathogen resistance ETC [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #778448 - 05/12/15 01:04 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I've read some of your posts/threads and seems you're a pretty swell grower. So your opinion helps dissuade me from the notion that I was nuts in thinking this was a miracle. Because no one else even bothers to comment on it?

They're just missing out I suppose...

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#778457 - 05/12/15 06:57 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

The way I look at it is, its been "known" for several years...if it helped so much everyone would be talking about it and using it. There must be some reason they aren't.

I'm not one to experiment myself, I dont have the space or money to waste if something goes bad so I only use trusted/proven supplements in my grows. If this ever takes off and people can prove results I may give it a try.

--------------------

OfflineRedRum42
Stranger
Re: Salicyclic Acid - Aids root growth, photosynth, ion uptake, pathogen resistance ETC [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #778512 - 05/12/15 02:31 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I politely disagree my friend. sure there was a thread about it, but it barely got any attention. I've never heard of it until I stumbled across it on wiki. And I know tons of growers. Everything we know now was once looked at in this regard. Scrog, LST, fimming, aeroponics, cloning, etc... In the 50s and 60s growers thought of that stuff the same way.

I know 2 growers that started using this within the last month when I discovered it and have been raving about the results to me. Unfortunately they didn't document progress with pictures.

Try it for yourself next time you have some extra seeds or clones. Try different strengths. Even in high concentrations it has yet to damage a plant.(nobody has gone over 10g per gallon of soil though, small results are seen as low as well .5g/gallon). $7 is not much to risk IMHO.

Come on, wiki has it documented. Many other reputable sites too. Jus not with cannabis specifically. It is proven to be very beneficial to other plants by many sources. New ideas are never accepted at first. Especially the ones that radically change the game, because they seem so, well, radical. Not saying that this is the case necessarily but shit, look at all the stuff it does!

Edited by RedRum42 (05/12/15 02:37 PM)

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#778513 - 05/12/15 02:45 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

The old thread here isnt the only info about it, a simple google search will show it being discussed on other grow boards.

Im not saying its BS, just saying the info has been out for awhile so I would think if it was as beneficial as you say it would be a widely accepted and used supplement.

Do an experiment and show us your results!

--------------------

OfflineRedRum42
Stranger
    #778514 - 05/12/15 02:48 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I get you man. Unfortunately this stuff takes a long time to catch on.. Nobody wants to be the guinea pig and ruin their plants/put in the time/effort. And nobody wants to use something unless the majority supports it. Just for you I edited first post with a pic, I was going to wait till the visible difference was more dramatic.... But hey, you took the time to post in my thread, and without any evidence  I look like I'm fun of shit

Your suspicion is definitely understandable.

helping plants grow quickly

helps mitigate plant stress

metabolism, biosynthesis, photosynthesis

Just a couple links to some published works by reputable folk

Edited by RedRum42 (05/12/15 03:04 PM)

OfflineRedRum42
Stranger
    #778716 - 05/14/15 07:13 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Time for an experiment. So the "fast growing/rooting" thing has worked as shown by the pics. Now the grower is going to nute burn the living hell out of the plant, to the brink of death, that only received microscopic amounts of SA, give it a few days, dose it high with SA and see if it recovers.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures