Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Loc: Oregon Flag
Minor brown tips, should I be worried?
    #776810 - 04/23/15 11:11 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Hello,

Hopefully I'm just being paranoid as I've had my last 3 attempts at growing fail miserably within the first 2 weeks and I'm soo close to being in veg finally.

Yesterday I noticed a barley noticeable brown tip on one leaf, I didn't worry too much since it was hardly visible and only on a single leaf, however today the brown area is clearly noticeable and the leaf tip is curling exactly like I saw last time I lost my plant to nute burn. Also a second leaf now shows a barley noticeable brown tip like the other did yesterday and a third has a brown tip on the edge of it's leaf. What I find odd is how uneven this damage is and that it hit the 2nd set of fan leaves and not the first set.  Also the 3rd set of fan leaves is showing 5 fingers which I'm told is a sign of a healthy plant.

I am growing in DWC 3.5 gallon bucket. The water level is about 1/2-1 inch below the bottom of the pot. I have my water at a 6.0 PH and around 150-160 PPM (70 of which came from the tap water). I had planned to up to around 250-300ppm this weekend but now I think I might need to lower it instead :frown:. Also at 2 weeks it doesn't seem like 160 ppm should cause nute burn. My water temp is very high ranging from 80-87F, I've been unable to control that but I'm running two air lines in at full power all day and low power at night for noise issues to keep the water saturated with O2.

The plant is only about 1 inch tall which I'm not sure is a problem or not. The stain only grows to 28 inches tall according to AMS so I'm hoping slow vertical growth and very tight node spacing is normal for this strain.

Other Info:
Nutrients: 3 part nutrient solution from Blue Plant Nutrients
Strain: Mega Jackpot from AMS
The plant is currently 13 days old since it broke the surface.
I am using a 180w UFO LED @ around 12 inches.

Edited by efarley (04/23/15 03:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: Minor brown tips, should I be worried? [Re: efarley]
    #776933 - 04/24/15 03:23 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

well im not the best at figuring out problems but i do run dwc and in hydro your water should be at 5.8 so with the water at 6.0 your ph is to high and might be causing a lock out . your water is deffently to warm also. you want to keep it no warmer them 75  65-70degress is the best range..

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Minor brown tips, should I be worried? [Re: Mrshroom]
    #777008 - 04/25/15 11:36 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Water temperature is your main concern here.  Don't worry about a pH of 6, that's not too horribly out of range.

You gotta get those water temps in check

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Loc: Oregon Flag
Re: Minor brown tips, should I be worried? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #777013 - 04/25/15 01:02 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Unfortunately the box I bought is complete garbage and it holds all of the heat inside the box which is tiny as fuck and heats up fast. I intended it to be a micro grow to give me experience before I dumped a grand on a decent light. However the box I bought has done nothing but cause problem after problem. Without getting a new grow room I'm stuck, which I can't do at my apartment.

Now I'm seeing some signs of root rot most likely caused by the hot water... so things are looking bad.

I'm moving in June, I guess I'll take a break until I can get a proper environment set up.

Edited by efarley (04/25/15 01:07 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Minor brown tips, should I be worried? [Re: efarley]
    #777036 - 04/25/15 08:16 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

You could always just go soil

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds