Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
Hey, new to the forum * 1
    #776405 - 04/17/15 11:45 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Well hey guys, I am new to the forum but not growing. I have been growing for about 3 years, I am a 21 year old Crohns patient. My hobbies are growing, cars, and dogs. I also make wax. I drive a 1927 T bucket with a 350 swap and a Honda Crx with a B16 swap and lots of other mods. I have a Siberian Husky, German Shepherd, and Cane Corso x rott mix.  Hopefully I can post a crap load of pictures. Seems kinda hard haha.  Oh the bigger plants were all grown in the winter Late November. Wanted to dabble in winter growing. Right now I have out growing purple og 18, sleestack, trainwreck, amnesia haze, banana og, critical kush, white widow x orange haze, and a few others i probably am forgetting right now haha.  I grow outdoor mostly due to room, but I grow outdoor hydro. Promix hp and fox farms generally, but I have used other nutes, I just like FF.

Edited by CBDFarm (03/30/16 02:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: Hey, new to the forum [Re: CBDFarm] * 1
    #776407 - 04/18/15 12:34 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

well hot dayum.

i'm gonna need a little more time to process all this :crazy2:

"welcome to the forum" suffices for now :smile:

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: Hey, new to the forum [Re: nannybooboo] * 1
    #776409 - 04/18/15 02:17 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome to the forums!  Seems like you keep pretty busy lol.  Might want to edit out your license plate pictures.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Hey, new to the forum [Re: cheezymold]
    #776413 - 04/18/15 06:51 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Kind of a trip. I've been growing since.....well lets just say it was the mid 80s when I started.

Have a 41 Willy (Sorry about the pics I uploaded them to the Shroomery 11 years ago)

All profits from my grows go to my animal shelter. I currently have rabbits, chickens, horses, 1 donkey, 2 lamas, 14 cats, 6 dogs. Found homes for 14 dogs last year, who knows how many cats and managed to find homes for a horse and a albino boa.

Mother to all the other dogs (or she thinks she is)

Big Daddy

The Rock

Head of security

Second in charge of security

The boss of the entire shelter

and I do a little growing

Dixie cup grows

SOG

Oh yeah

Welcome
:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Hey, new to the forum [Re: Magash]
    #776415 - 04/18/15 07:28 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome, that's a damn thorough introduction. I have a dutch shepherd, she loves snow.

I also like pot, and have a number of other hobbies that I stay involved with but don't make as good of pictures.

Quote:

Magash said:
All profits from my grows go to my animal shelter. I currently have rabbits, chickens, horses, 1 donkey, 2 lamas, 14 cats, 6 dogs. Found homes for 14 dogs last year, who knows how many cats and managed to find homes for a horse and a albino boa.

Dude that's awesome- I thought I was the only one with a nearly absurd amount of animals animals hanging around, but you actually out-stripped me here something serious.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: Hey, new to the forum [Re: CBDFarm] * 3
    #776422 - 04/18/15 10:47 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Wayyyyyy too much information in this thread.

:cop:

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
Re: Hey, new to the forum [Re: Mycophile]
    #776425 - 04/18/15 11:00 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

cheezymold said:
Welcome to the forums!  Seems like you keep pretty busy lol.  Might want to edit out your license plate pictures.

I try too haha, and thanks, ill just take the picture out haha. Thought I uploaded the other version oh well lol.

Quote:

Magash said:
Kind of a trip. I've been growing since.....well lets just say it was the mid 80s when I started.

Have a 41 Willy (Sorry about the pics I uploaded them to the Shroomery 11 years ago)

Welcome

Nice grow and car! Glad to see someone out there helping animals. Glad you could rehome them and give them a better life. My 3 years of growing have taught me a lot... You are always going to keep learning haha. Right now I have been getting into breeding as I usually make wax anyway, as it helps with my crohns better/faster then flower. But I have hit a snag in my breeding right now, I have no males, and quite a lot of females that I want to cross haha.

Here is a video of the T bucket running. My GF loved it.

Quote:

Mycophile said:
Wayyyyyy too much information in this thread.

:cop:

Haha how so?

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: Hey, new to the forum [Re: CBDFarm] * 2
    #776426 - 04/18/15 11:21 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Pics of you and your gf, pics of your pets, a pic of the street you live on including an address painted on the curb across the street, pics of your vehicles, pretty much all the information one could possibly need.

It's California though, so whatevs, welcome to the board. :getstoned:

Edited by Mycophile (04/18/15 11:22 AM)

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
Re: Hey, new to the forum [Re: Mycophile]
    #776429 - 04/18/15 12:18 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Im not worried about singular pictures of me or my GF. What street address? I can't see any. And Yeah I am in California, I have grown 10 foot + plants as shown in my previous comment, in my backyard, my neighbors do not care. Besides, I have 3 big dogs, that we let go out front and play, so that keeps the bad guys away :smile:  Thanks for the welcome.

Edited by CBDFarm (04/18/15 12:19 PM)

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger

Re: Hey, new to the forum [Re: CBDFarm]
    #776447 - 04/18/15 04:44 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I thought it was a chill introduction. Welcome, brother

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
Re: Hey, new to the forum [Re: BruceDabber]
    #776450 - 04/18/15 05:27 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BruceDabber said:
I thought it was a chill introduction. Welcome, brother

Thanks a lot man, I should have a journal opening soon, just need to get around too it and stop being lazy haha

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#776467 - 04/18/15 09:34 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Right now I have been getting into breeding as I usually make wax anyway, as it helps with my crohns better/faster then flower. But I have hit a snag in my breeding right now, I have no males, and quite a lot of females that I want to cross haha.

I've been breeding and selling the seeds to clubs for years now. I've gone to feminized and don't use males much anymore but still have most of my Father plants. The demand for feminized seeds is so high I don't see using the Father plants to much anymore.

You do a cross lets just say of GDP and OG with one plant being a male. Now the seeds lets say are 50% male. Now somebody buys the seeds and half the plants are female half male. They buy say 40 seeds and half are junk to them and now they have 20 females to pick from. Some being like Dad and some like Mom with some in between.

Now do the same cross with two females and you have the same 40 seeds but now 40 females to work with.

Read up on STS treatments and how to do them properly and start crossing those females. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
    #776470 - 04/18/15 10:12 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

Right now I have been getting into breeding as I usually make wax anyway, as it helps with my crohns better/faster then flower. But I have hit a snag in my breeding right now, I have no males, and quite a lot of females that I want to cross haha.

I've been breeding and selling the seeds to clubs for years now. I've gone to feminized and don't use males much anymore but still have most of my Father plants. The demand for feminized seeds is so high I don't see using the Father plants to much anymore.

You do a cross lets just say of GDP and OG with one plant being a male. Now the seeds lets say are 50% male. Now somebody buys the seeds and half the plants are female half male. They buy say 40 seeds and half are junk to them and now they have 20 females to pick from. Some being like Dad and some like Mom with some in between.

Now do the same cross with two females and you have the same 40 seeds but now 40 females to work with.

Read up on STS treatments and how to do them properly and start crossing those females. :wink:

I like to have males actually. It's hard to find certain males of certain strains, let alone a specific pheno you are typing to breed for do to the limited stock of males.

Right now I have:
Purple og 18(3)
Trainwreck(3)
sleestack(2)
banana og(1)
critical kush(1)
white widow x orange haze(3)
Amnesia Haze(1)
and 1 bagseed from Australia I got from a friend.(only reason im growing it is it's a native strain, and I thinks it's cool to have a seed from down under)

and I want to pollinate them all and try some cross and pheno hunt again. I just don't have anymore regular seeds to work with and since I grow outdoor I am weary about using canna fem spray. But since I make wax, it all works out for me :smile: Especially since I need pollen right now haha

Edited by CBDFarm (04/18/15 10:14 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#776482 - 04/19/15 01:41 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I like to have males actually. It's hard to find certain males of certain strains

Ok I get this but you have to remember the reason it's hard is that some strains never had a male to begin with.

Take two of the strains on your list. Purple OG #18, and Sleestack. Those strains were done with only female plants so there never has been a male of those strains so if you wanted to cross Sleestack with Purple OG #18 (which would be a killer cross) you would have to do a all female cross.

Quote:

let alone a specific pheno you are typing to breed for do to the limited stock of males.

Finding a certain pheno is way easier when using all females. Say you're crossing a GDP with a OG. You know that both plants are killer. The GDP puts out GDP buds exactly the way you like them and the OG puts out OG buds exactly the way you like them so it's way easier to create a strain with the exact traits you want in it. With a male plant this can't be done as accurately. :stoned:

--------------------

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
    #776531 - 04/19/15 07:13 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

I like to have males actually. It's hard to find certain males of certain strains

Ok I get this but you have to remember the reason it's hard is that some strains never had a male to begin with.

Take two of the strains on your list. Purple OG #18, and Sleestack. Those strains were done with only female plants so there never has been a male of those strains so if you wanted to cross Sleestack with Purple OG #18 (which would be a killer cross) you would have to do a all female cross.

Quote:

let alone a specific pheno you are typing to breed for do to the limited stock of males.

Finding a certain pheno is way easier when using all females. Say you're crossing a GDP with a OG. You know that both plants are killer. The GDP puts out GDP buds exactly the way you like them and the OG puts out OG buds exactly the way you like them so it's way easier to create a strain with the exact traits you want in it. With a male plant this can't be done as accurately. :stoned:

Actually all strains are related to certain male and female landrace strains or there phenos(hence how we have all the crosses we have today) with the exception of auto strains who were crossed with ruderalis. Most people with "clone only" strains are just hoarders who try to drive the price up IMO.
Purple OG 18 does infact comes down to having a male in it.(sleestacks parents I don't know to much about) But Purple OG 18 is Purple wreck by OG 18. Break that down further and you have purple urkle x trainwreck, and and OG Kush pheno. OG kush males are easy to find. Here is the website saying they used a Trainwreck male.
http://dnagenetics.com/purple-wreck

Here is a trainwreck regular seed for sale(could check HSO too)
https://www.dinafem.org/en/trainwreck-humboldt-seed-organization/

Some OG kush regular seeds.
https://www.dinafem.org/en/og-kush-hs0044/

I forgot what made purple erkle. I think it's a landrace strain and something else, but
All strains have a dad(except possibly autos), you just have to dig deep enough to find out how early the dad left LOL!

But yeah, thats also why I like male plants, well the rare ones at least.

On to canna fem spray and stuff like that, since I haven't really used it does it dwindle down genetics? It;s more or less inbreeding and it just worries me a bit. But I haven't had experience with it, anyone want to chime in feel free :smile:

Edited by CBDFarm (04/19/15 07:19 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#776538 - 04/19/15 08:11 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Actually all strains are related to certain male and female landrace strains or there phenos(hence how we have all the crosses we have today) with the exception of auto strains who were crossed with ruderalis. Most people with "clone only" strains are just hoarders who try to drive the price up IMO.
Purple OG 18 does infact comes down to having a male in it.(sleestacks parents I don't know to much about) But Purple OG 18 is Purple wreck by OG 18. Break that down further and you have purple urkle x trainwreck, and and OG Kush pheno. OG kush males are easy to find. Here is the website saying they used a Trainwreck male.

Well yeah that is common sence every strain will have a male in it if you dig back generations but that doesn't change the fact that Purple OG #18 was made using female genetics.

You also need to read the article a little further. They crossed a Urkle with a male Trainwreck but then used a female plant from that cross to pollinate itself in order to make the strain. That is why the seeds are only available in feminized version which can only be done when using a single female plant (which they did) or using two females.

Now they decided not to sell the seeds from the initial Male Trainwreck x urkle cross and go with a pheno they liked of the strain and feminize that to get the strain to us. There has to be some reason that they feel justifies the extra work that needs to be done in order to do this.

There is no way to judge the full potency of a male plant or the potential it has. Yes you can get a fairly good guess or judgement of the whats there but there is no way in hell to judge the potential like you can with a female.

I'm not in anyway saying that what you are saying is wrong just that as breeders strive to breed more potent strains the use of male plants will become less and less prevalent so gather em up while you can, I am. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#776612 - 04/20/15 01:32 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

nice pics CBD

welcome homie :bobdobbs:

OfflineLearyfanS
The new guy
 User Gallery

#776637 - 04/20/15 05:31 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome to The Growery!

:ganja:

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
Re: Hey, new to the forum [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #776772 - 04/22/15 04:58 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks everyone, started up my grow journal, should have a lot more to come.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder