Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesweetleaf7
Stranger

waiting on med card, starting my first grow. dwc.
    #776069 - 04/15/15 06:30 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

hey everybody, I'm new here but a fairly long time member of the shroomery.
I'm waiting on my med card to come in then I'm gonna go full steam ahead. I'm using a 3'x 2'x2' cabinet setup roughly. two computer fans one up top one near the bottom. three CFL 100watt grow lights.  the inside is reflective mylar lined and no light escapes.
I'm starting with a shallow but wide container with 6-8 openings and am gonna use rock wool in the baskets. I'm gonna grow feminized white widow seeds. placing them in damp paper towel then once a root pops out, placing them into the rock wool.
I'm not exactly sure what nutrients to get. and AM open to suggestions.
my light setup isn't adjustable so I'm remedying it by hanging small chains and attaching the to a board to place the plants on and adjust them accordingly.
I'm hoping that's enough lights to grow a decent yeild or would one 300w led light be more efficient?
does anhbody think an herb dryer, basicly just an enclosed box with fans to dry the buds is a good idea or unnecessary? thanks for any help I can get. feel free to give any suggestions. also wouldn't hurt to get some suggestions on lighting schedule threw it the life from seed to flower. thx

Edited by sweetleaf7 (04/15/15 09:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

Re: waiting on med card, starting my first grow. dwc. [Re: sweetleaf7]
    #776079 - 04/15/15 03:23 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Hi there, nice to see you made it over.. to begin I guess ill answer the most opinion oriented question, fertilizer; most here seem to recommend canna A and b with some additions like CA\MAG and others.
Lighting; you can grow seed to flower with Clfs and many have, but is not the most recommended. Also by just saying 300w led theres no way I could tell ya how worth a crap that led may be or if 300w would rock your space. Other than that there should be very little deviance as far as light cycle (18-6)veg Nd (12\12)flower. And dont use that dryer it dries the bud too fast and makes for harsh smoke. Also I always raise my plants up to the light by putting things under them when I have the issue you do.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Edited by ashfiken (04/15/15 03:24 PM)

Offlinesweetleaf7
Stranger

Re: waiting on med card, starting my first grow. dwc. [Re: ashfiken]
    #776082 - 04/15/15 04:16 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

thanks, I would love to switch to hps lighting but I don't have the ventilation to counter act the heat.

I heard of a hydro nutrient that's just two bottles and don't require any mixing. I'd what it's called tho.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: waiting on med card, starting my first grow. dwc. [Re: sweetleaf7] * 1
    #776101 - 04/15/15 09:01 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

My nute recommendation for a newb would be botanicare pure blend pro. It's a two part veg and bloom type nute, that is very newb friendly.

Offlinesweetleaf7
Stranger

Re: waiting on med card, starting my first grow. dwc. [Re: Stoneth]
    #776104 - 04/15/15 09:41 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

thanks, newb friendly is definitely  a good thing at this point. I'm not even gonna attempt anything advanced until I know I can do the basics.
hopefully cultivating mushi gives me some form of experience. carrying for something although different, I know I can already tend to something with needs.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#776108 - 04/15/15 09:57 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome to the green side. The 300w LED lamps still give off a fair amount of heat.  Depending on the temperature of the room, you might need something vented.  A 250w HPS might be an alternative that you could vent with 120mm fans with a little DIY.  The 300w is fine for a single plant if you can LST it well, but it doesn't have very good penetration into the canopy. 

One of our mods Psychotron knows the in's and out's of LED's.  He has a few good grow logs up too.

Offlinesweetleaf7
Stranger

Re: waiting on med card, starting my first grow. dwc. [Re: cheezymold]
    #776161 - 04/16/15 09:36 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I'm starting to second guess my grow setup.  if I had a 400watt hps with reflector good and air cooling attachment with a carbon filter, just don't know how I'm gonna get the ventilation to outside, is there any smell associated with this sort of setup or with the filter is it not noticeable? I have neighbors very close and don't wanna stick up there place. I'm still thinking the same setup as I mentioned before but instead of computer fans use inline fan threw light and out of the tent. and a passive airflow with a fan on oscillate a few feet away to circulate some air. gonna use bubble boy fourbanger hydro setup. like I said any help with me understanding where to vent out to and if it will smell much. em thx

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#776204 - 04/16/15 03:04 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

If you are worried about your neighbors, I would vent it into the room instead of out the window.  The carbon filters work great but you will need to replenish the carbon or buy a new filter from time to time.  There are better options if you aren't living in an apartment such as crawlspace/attic.  You do want some kind of fan moving air inside your cabinet.  They need a lot more air exchange than mushrooms do lol.

Offlinesweetleaf7
Stranger

#776219 - 04/16/15 04:47 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I'm in a condo so I'm just concerned. I'd have a very easy time venting to the attic as there is already an existing opening. but its a shared attic , meaning its attached to all four of my neighbors and they all can access it. 
yea mushrooms only ever needed a good hand fan a couple times. a day with the setup I had. if I were to just vent the grow into the dryer vent is the smell going to be noticeable to others ir should I not be concerned?
and you say I could just have the ventilation go to the other side of the room say ten feet away and that wouldn't have any ill effects? as long as I have a fan osculating?

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#776222 - 04/16/15 05:02 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

The dryer vent is a good place to vent to.  Since you are in a condo, you might want to carefully consider what kind of seeds you are going to grow.  Might want a low smell one like northern lights.

Offlinesweetleaf7
Stranger

#776223 - 04/16/15 05:09 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I was thinking of growing white widow, is t he smell strong on that strain? if so I'm m not against northern lights, that shit is good. 

and how would you recommend connecting it to the dryer vent? just get a Y splitter and connect the dryer vent to one part the grow vent to the other this forming one line attaching to the vent exit? hopefully that makes sense. as if right now h my main concern is how to v ventilate out of a existing dryer vent.  photos would greatly hello if you have any.

Edited by sweetleaf7 (04/17/15 05:40 AM)

Offlinesweetleaf7
Stranger

#776745 - 04/22/15 09:19 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

plans might be changing, if I can't get a set up going where planned, I may need to switch to a single plant closer grow.  this will have to be unnoticeable. no smell, no loud noises.  I have a decent sized closet but I'm not sure the best path to go down. Il use dwc hydro but for only one, two plants max.
house big of a big would b ideal and will a system this small b capable of having no smell?

in the future Il be open to grow wherever but I'm Limited as of now

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds