Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Ozone Generator
    #762456 - 12/20/14 04:10 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Outside my house smells like some nice and dank chronic. Only in one spot directly down wind--like walking through a 5 foot wall of chronic. I recently set my ventilation up a little different, it now blows through a carbon filter directly outside rather into the bedroom that the tent is in. I also set the other 8" fan as input when the bedroom gets too warm. It used to run on low connected to a carbon filter but now the filter is not being used. I need to change that but for now I'm going to see how the Ozone Generator I ordered works.

I was thinking about running it whenever the exhaust fan runs but want to get as much life out of it as possible. What I was thinking was getting it to run every other minute that the exhaust fan is on to, in theory, double the lifespan by running it 50% of the time.  Is this a good idea, or should I just let it run when the fan's on. I'm going to have it inside my ducting, but the thing is only 6' to the window. I'm much more concerned with the smell being properly masked than the life of the bulb, as it is replaceable for not too much $$.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: Ozone Generator [Re: phychotron]
    #762605 - 12/21/14 12:20 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Do you share living space with your plants?  Ozone isn't too good for your lungs.  My old man used to use an ozone generator.  Made a huge difference, but still had a touch of smell.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ozone Generator [Re: cheezymold]
    #762607 - 12/21/14 01:14 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I live in my living room, bedroom is storage and garden. It blows the ozone air out the window.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#762609 - 12/21/14 01:35 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Lol if I didn't have a roommate, I would probably have the same setup.  I would just run it when the fan is on.  These things are much more simple than you might expect.  You could even build effective ones by pulling apart junk appliances and using the parts. 

My room sits on the front side of my apartment, so I cannot vent it out of the window.  Even though it is a legal grow, someone might try to steal my shit.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ozone Generator [Re: cheezymold]
    #762619 - 12/21/14 07:14 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

You always want to pull through the carbon filter. Pushing may work in some cases, but in the case where you can smell odor it's probably not working so well. Pushing is supposed to allow dirty air into the ducting I've always gone pull so I don't really know. There's a possibility that your charcoal filter just isn't adequate too. I'd personally opt to get a larger filter before fucking around with ozone.

If you use ozone, I recommend having a buffer area where the ozone comes in contact with the air to be exhausted, you want it to be rather turbulent so there's more contact time and less dead zones with the ozone then exhaust outside.

Running it in your ducting will help but I'm not really certain if it will be all that effective. My old setup had 3 x 8x4 tents and a smaller tent for veg all exhausting into a "buffer room" where it would get the ozone treatment and also carbon filtration. I used a mountain air 840 carbon filter and an ozone generator rated for 2000 sq ft, unfortunately if it wasn't windy outside it would smell like a hospital so I got rid of the ozone.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ozone Generator [Re: captain.koons]
    #762689 - 12/21/14 09:48 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Got the generator today, its pretty cool looking, like a bug zapper constantly going off.

This thing kicks out the ozone. I might have to get a ozone controller--they just happened to have an ad for theirs on the bottom half of my receipt. Just running it for a few seconds to test it and get the photo was a huge blast. Messes up your sinus' pretty fast.

For now I'm going to run it with the fan but expect to get a controller for it in the future.

The carbon filter I have in there is a bit old. I have another one I was meaning to replace it with but just ran that by itself in the bedroom. Its disconnected currently but I'm going to set it back up and seal the window so all the ozone goes out the window and has no chance of coming back in the house.

--------------------

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#762705 - 12/22/14 12:44 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

i would not have it turn off and on for every other min cause with electronics the unit will need more power for the start up and that also causes wear and tear and cause it to wear out alot faster then it should cause the constant random surges of power will wear out the chips and traces on the boards (pc boards kinda like a mother board in a pc but not as big and does less things per a board). just dont want to see u  burn out your new expensive toy to something liek that.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ozone Generator [Re: Mrshroom]
    #762706 - 12/22/14 01:12 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Got the thing all hooked up. It was smelling like ozone in the room still so I taped up the small holes in the ducting and it seems to have solved the problem. There is a faint smell of ozone in the room, as I didin't do the tape perfectly but I figure it should be fine.

I walked to the car and back and didn't notice any odor or ozone smell, but the wind was also blowing a little so I'll have to check back as the weather changes. 

The thing only cost $50 and the new bulb is $20. The guy makes a few bigger sizes. I'd highly recommend getting one of these if your planning on getting an Ozone generator. The one I was considering was the C.A.P OZN Jr for much more but never ordered it in the past because I heard they tended to break after a year or so. This ozone element is good for 8-10,000 hours, or about a year of continuous operation. I figure this should cost about $20 every two years for the new element.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #762708 - 12/22/14 02:03 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

The exhaust fan runs a lot less now that the window no longer has the input fan that allowed some of the exhaust to recycle back into the room. That on/off cycle is what I was trying to establish and now the environment controller that I already have is doing it. I was looking at cyclestats, as that seems to be the standard way to control them but they're pricey and I just bought one to feed the plants. I can just adjust the fan speed to control the cycle length (We'll see how that holds up in the summer). I'm just glad I don't have to buy a controller that cost more than the device.

I had the fan speed set to basically run constantly when the lights were on but I think I won't turn it down so that it will cycle. This way the ozone that leaks into the bedroom has a chance to dissipate.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #762872 - 12/23/14 03:35 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I was able to walk around the apartment when the fan was on today and I could smell a little bit of ozone but no bud smell. It appears to be doing the job.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O Happy Birthday!

#762884 - 12/23/14 06:39 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I like the smell of ozone .

i got two generators myself

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ozone Generator [Re: P-O] * 1
    #762948 - 12/23/14 12:50 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Enjoy your upper respiratory tract infections :-)

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleP-O Happy Birthday!

Re: Ozone Generator [Re: captain.koons]
    #762953 - 12/23/14 01:01 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:cheers: will do

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder