Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGuy Fawkes
Stranger
300W Ebay LED in 36x20x62 tent questions
    #744437 - 08/19/14 04:11 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Greetings,

I wanted to run a question by some of you regarding my ebay grow tent and led fixture.

Tent: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170926219115?var=470357529618

Light: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131261424419

Will this be satisfactory?  I am not actually growing MJ in this, but a lot of knowledge regarding this topic seems to be in the MJ communities.  I understand the LED would not put out as much light as a more expensive brand however I figured for the space it should suffice correct?

If nothing else I can always get a second fixture which I believe I can fit into the tent.

As far as ventilation I will have the following:

Exhaust: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181379661233?var=480369223580

Intake: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221524284032

I believe this will be more than efficient for the setup.  Only reason I went overkill is I wanted as much air going in as out.  The space I am using is a bit humid and gets a bit warm (75-85) so cooling will be paramount.

And finally the grow medium I will use is: http://supercloset.com/product/hydro-supply/superponic-8-hydroponic-grow-system/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 300W Ebay LED in 36x20x62 tent questions [Re: Guy Fawkes] * 1
    #746884 - 09/08/14 07:37 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

you probably wont need intake/exhaust running one led, I do fine with just a fan for air exchange.

theres tons of leds on ebay etc that aren't really brand name and its hard to know if they are quality or not. lots of really cheap ones that are junk. I would either buy one from a quality led manufacturer or at your local grow store. if that's not an option maybe just go with a 250 or 400w hid. ive even done t5 grows with purple/bloom bulbs and gotten quality results.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 300W Ebay LED in 36x20x62 tent questions [Re: roxxor]
    #748166 - 09/14/14 11:59 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I agree, its best to choose from a reputable dealer. I dislike the light chosen for the simple reason that it is not modular, all the diodes are mounted in one single board, so when one goes out, a whole row of diodes goes out (out of 3-4 rows/circuits) and it is a pain in the ass to fix. Modular design have individual groups of diodes that can be replaced when there is a problem.

I had three of four cheap fixtures (blackstar 240's from ebay) loose half their diodes. The company's solution to each $300 light was "two years, sounds like a good run, we sell the replacement LED boards for $75 each" If you do the math per year, its fucking bullshit how much it cost to run these cheap fixtures. $150/year for the first two years, and $40/yr after that. NOT WORTH IT.

No where near the 50-100,000 hours of diode life expectancy. I do the math of 2 years and its just over 10k. The cheap fixtures do not use a heat sink and do not drive the diodes at fullest capacity. The life of the diodes is largely dependent on how cool you can keep them, quality of diode going in (lower 'bin' diodes in cheap fixtures) and how you power them--using high quality drivers is something you won't see in those ebay fixtures.

Due to bullshit advertising that's not a 300w light. Its 100 diodes running at about 1.7 watts each, but due to BS advertising they use the 3w x diode count as their wattage.

I like Advanced LED and GrowBlu specifically, but there are other good brands out there. I'd avoid any grow store LEDs as they are usually the cheap LED's mascaraing as grow lights. Grow stores usually get sucky lights in stock. I advise everyone to stick with a company that are actively developing lights, like the aforementioned. You'll get the best quality from someone specializing in making a good light instead of someone just trying to sell you a fixture like they do on ebay.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates