Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewebster10

ZeroWater Filter
    #742926 - 08/05/14 12:33 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Purchased one and I love it. It filters a gallon and a half in ~15 minutes, and filters EVERYTHING out of it. 0ppm tested with two different ppm meters. I couldn't be more happy with the purchase and now I have 2 back up filters and a steady supply of 0ppm water :grin:
It was about ~$50 for the filter/dispenser and the two back up filters.
http://zerowater.com
If you are having nutrient problems due to a tap water with a high ppm and don't have the money to drop on a RO system, this is an excellent alternative.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: ZeroWater Filter [Re: webster10]
    #742931 - 08/05/14 01:02 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
Purchased one and I love it. It filters a gallon and a half in ~15 minutes, and filters EVERYTHING out of it. 0ppm tested with two different ppm meters. I couldn't be more happy with the purchase and now I have 2 back up filters and a steady supply of 0ppm water :grin:
It was about ~$50 for the filter/dispenser and the two back up filters.
http://zerowater.com
If you are having nutrient problems due to a tap water with a high ppm and don't have the money to drop on a RO system, this is an excellent alternative.

I hate to say this man, but I would say it is just a backup. Those filters will get expensive over time. I realize it my work good for people with one or two plants, but long term, you would end up spending more than if you just went and bought an RO machine for your home.

I almost did the exact same thing, but got to thinking about it and read a thread from Magash (I believe) or Harry talking about how tap water is perfectly fine 9 times out of 10.
My PPM is around 150 on just my tap water, so I really don't need to fret much about it anyway.

Not trying to shit on your post man, not at all, just saying that the solution is not as cost effective as it seems. I go through at least 6 gallons of water when I water my flower tent, so it wouldn't be very efficient for time either, but then again I have seen reviews on RO systems that say they take just as long.

Search for the tap water thread, after reading it you might just use that thing for your own drinking water instead of your plants.lol

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

Re: ZeroWater Filter [Re: TribalSeed]
    #742942 - 08/05/14 01:33 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

My tap ppm is 360+, I cannot use my tap water for my plants, it has already caused a significant amount of problems. I agree for a large or even a grow with 6+ plants, this filter would not be cost effective. However, for a very small grow op, I find this filter to be very handy. This filter would really only be ideal for new growers with a very low plant count.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: ZeroWater Filter [Re: webster10]
    #743000 - 08/05/14 07:56 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Nice. You can get good drinking water too. I was using collected rain water for a while in soil, but got lazy and mostly used tap water that measures around 190 or maybe 260(I don't know how to use my PPm meter) I started using rain water again, but I should probably get one of those filters like you got since I haven't even been growing as much as I smoke.

I think if you put a bunch of tap water in a bucket and let it sit somewhere it will be much safer to use after a few days.

Sometimes I wonder how mass scale filtration works. I do have a general idea, but if you dumped 1000 lbs of pure chemical death down the toilet, would that mean they have to carry out 1000 lbs of waste at some point? I almost don't want to know.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ZeroWater Filter [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #743016 - 08/05/14 08:25 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:

Sometimes I wonder how mass scale filtration works. I do have a general idea, but if you dumped 1000 lbs of pure chemical death down the toilet, would that mean they have to carry out 1000 lbs of waste at some point? I almost don't want to know.

The solution to pollution is dilution.  That and it depends on what type of chemical you are talking about.  Chlorine is poisonous at certain concentrations, but when diluted out can be beneficial.  1000 gallons of something going into to the sewer system is going to get diluted down an unbelievable amount by the time it hits the treatment plant.  Also keep in mind, the size of city is going to affect that as well. 

But there are also ways to neutralize different dangerous chemicals.  It's not just a matter of removing them.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds