Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewierdc
Stranger

light source
    #734550 - 06/03/14 09:41 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

cfl's t5's hps mv? what to use?

Edited by wierdc (06/03/14 11:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: light source [Re: wierdc]
    #734563 - 06/04/14 04:46 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

MV?  Do you mean Metal Halide (MH)?

So the general rule of thumb to to go with MH during veg, then switch to HPS during flowering.  I personally have seen no difference in quality or yield when running HPS the whole what through though, so I stopped using MH except on my mothers. 

You will get slightly tighter inter-node spacing while vegging with a MH, but once you switch to flowering they stretch anyways, so from my personal experience over the last decade of growing is that it doesn't really make much of a difference.

Stay away from floros.  Including the t-5's and what not, they put out more heat per watt than HID (high intensity discharge) aka HPS and MH.  And with HID lighting you can have air cooled hoods that help a shit ton in decreasing the amount of heat escaping into your grow room.

LED is the new up and coming thing, and I think that in not too long of a time it WILL be the way to grow, but IMO it's not quite there yet, but certain brands are getting amazing results, and you save a ton of money in electricity.  They are just a costly measure up front.

You are also going to have to consider all of your environmental factors.  Heat, humidity, air flow, co2 PPM etc. There's a lot that goes into this.

So give us more info on how big of a grow you are wanting, and we can give you more exact details on how to go about it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag