Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNoctem
Stranger
Anxiety and weed...
    #731741 - 05/16/14 08:01 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

This may be a long read, but please... read it?

I know this has been discussed MANY times. I wanted to share my own stories with you and get your feedback. I'm 24 right now and started smoking at around 15-16 in Junior year of high-school. My friend and I would adventure from Irvine to Los Angeles and smoke under the big buildings in downtown LA and listen to some amazing electronic music. A time a greatly miss and wish I could relive, as it was a life changing time. I would smoke at home soon after and we'd continue these amazing trips to LA.

After a year or two I started feeling some odd rush of adrenaline, either just going to restaurants or to LA. One night I beat Gears of War 2 from star to finish and as the credits were rolling my heart started to go fast, and I knew another "hearth racing event" was coming. I told a girl I was talking to that it was happening again and I had to close the laptop and look at the credits rolling. This time was different and I actually had to yell to my parents sleeping upstairs. Just yelling for my mom made my heart race faster because it was "actually happening" and worse than before.

That night I had a full blown panic attack and couldn't leave the couch to even go to the bathroom. My mom gave me a xanax (0.5 mg) which helped a lot. I was actually "couch" ridden for a full week and could barely get off it without my heart racing and thinking I would have a heart attack.

after 4-6 months I recovered, after dropping out of the nearby community college due to it. I moved to Santa Monica and started community college there and I was eventually able to start smoking again. Before I had these panic attacks I was smoked a lot. Eighths every week or so, and when I started back up I was smoking at least an eighth of high quality weed every few days from a large bong. I loved it. I absolutely enjoyed music and it.

I eventually got engaged and was having an amazing time, until it hit again and I started feeling the heart racing again from the weed. I have since stopped (engaged for 3 years now, so about 5 years stopped from smoking a lot of weed).

I'm on effexor (for anxiety) and metoprolol (beta-blocker to stop the heart beating ard). If I miss a dose of metoprolol I feel my heart beating way harder than usualy.

I miss marijuana very much, I actually have had a few nights crying because I miss the times I've had with my friends and even fiancee smoking it and just relaxing to music looking at the city. I hate anxiety with a passion and I wish I could smoke.

I take a hit of weed and it seems my body is trained to be anxious from it. My heart races a bit and I can't smoke more. I'l take a Xanax when I feel like I may panic, and stop smoking. I fear the day that Xanax may stop working.

If anyone has advice please help. And thank you for reading through all of this, Seriously.

~Andrew

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: Noctem]
    #731743 - 05/16/14 08:16 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

My advice...don't smoke weed.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #731759 - 05/16/14 12:43 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
My advice...don't smoke weed.

:thumbup:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleP-O

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: Data] * 1
    #731822 - 05/16/14 06:14 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

get off those shitty pharmy drugs.... they are bad for your body and mind in long term use.

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: P-O]
    #731835 - 05/16/14 08:20 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I can't smoke anymore because of anxitey. I use to go through an oz a week of some fine canadian chronic back in the day and be fine. Now, I take 1 hit of dirt shit weed and I get stuck in a paranoid loop and start focusing on all of my insecurities.

I decuided that I needed to quit and I did.

I dsuggest that if yo really want thc, eat it. For me its all body and no head sshiyt.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: Noctem]
    #731839 - 05/16/14 08:48 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Had the same problem after years of smoking so I quit, completely.
Just in the last year I have started smoking small amounts again and the anxiety has seemed to disappear. I will also add that Green Dragon (alcohol infused with weed) really has been my preferred and most enjoyable method of taking marijuana now.

Take a break, drink beer for awhile then try some green dragon.

I promise good results.

:peace::heart:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: Ben18]
    #731961 - 05/17/14 10:26 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

i used to have that problem, you just need to smoke when you are in a better
mindstate. and dont think about the fact you might get anxious. let go and
enjoymaybe use a small benzo dose when you smoke it'll mellow it out

--------------------

Offlinescrapske
Stranger

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: iStoner]
    #731971 - 05/18/14 12:06 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

harden the fuck up :tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder