Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEvil Homer
Stranger

Curing clarification
    #729465 - 05/04/14 02:03 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I'm still confused about curing. I seem to be getting different answers regarding what it actually is.

Some people say the purpose of curing is to even the moisture in the bud by slowly bringing it out from the center. The purpose of "burping" is to release the excess moisture. Once the moisture is even, do you stop burping? Can you leave bud at the ideal moisture level in a sealed jar for long periods of time without mold issues?

The other thought process is microbial activity. The purpose of curing is to allow microbes to convert the chlorophyll into sugars. Too much moisture and the microbes go crazy and your bud gets moldy. Too little moisture and the microbes die off. The purpose of "burping" is to keep the moisture at the right level and get rid of the microbe's waste gasses and introduce oxygen. If not properly burped, an anaerobic environment is created and bad microbes will destroy your bud.

Which of these is it? A combination of both? If you can get the jars to an ideal RH, do you still need to burp? With the moisture theory, no, once stable, ideal RH is obtained in the jar, the cure is finished. With the microbe theory, yes, oxygen must be introduced to keep the good microbes alive and bad microbes dead.

I'm new to this, just trying to wrap my head around it.

--------------------
I am evil Homer, I am evil Homer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1