Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecyclonicthunder
Stranger
Plant drying up.
    #726149 - 04/16/14 01:19 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

My plants leaves are turning brown, drying up, and curling at the edges. This was before I added some nutes recently (20-20-20 1/5th of the instructions), but still the same. The plants are in 1 gallon pots of coco coir/perlite, under 55 watt flourescent T5.

The only thing I can think of is that the mixture of coco coir was reused from the past. Is it possible that there is excess salt or magnesium in there?

Plants are well watered.

To finish, can they survive? Do I need to clip the leaves? What's my next plan of action?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Plant drying up. [Re: cyclonicthunder]
    #726151 - 04/16/14 02:39 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Plan of action is to either flush the shit out of em, or transplant to a new medium that hasnt been used before.

If it's used medium, there can be excess anything in there.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinecyclonicthunder
Stranger
Re: Plant drying up. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #726633 - 04/18/14 07:29 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

So, to flush, I put the plant in a jug of water, small amount of nutes, with glob of molasses? Does it have to be sealed?

OfflineMr Magenta
Toruk Makto
Male

Re: Plant drying up. [Re: cyclonicthunder]
    #727900 - 04/27/14 12:13 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Notice the plant's older leaves are holding a lot better than the newer leaves. Different nutrients are regarded as either mobile or immobile. The difference is how active they are in a plant. When you run low in a mobile nutrient, within a plant the nutrient will move to the newer growth, scarifying older leaves. If you run low in an immobile nutrient, it will remain in the older leaves and the new growth will be lame.
This is very helpful in identifying a problem in a plant.
To me it looks like you're lacking an immobile nutrient.

I'm not familiar with hydroponic grows, or the growing mediums associated with them like perlite, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
I think you should check the ph of your growing medium. It's probably too acidic. If it is, i suggest getting a potassium supplement. Potassium aka K, is an alkaline mineral and will help balance the PH. If this is old soil, you probably nuted it all out last time. Nutrient supplements often leave excess salts in soils. These salts take the form of Sodium (an essential mineral to plants), but there's too much. The amount of Sodium in the soil should never exceed Potassium. By adding, K, you help PH, bring back the K-Na balance.
I would also suggest, if you can get your hands on a Boron supplement, get some and make a foliar spray to apply to the bottom of the leaves, this once.

Lastly, you're plants look terrible. Even if you are able to counteract this issue, your plants won't be the best quality. If the seasons don't matter to you, and you have more seeds, i'd dump them, and start again fresh. If you have the money, a better solution would be to start again, and also try to fix this issue with your current plants so you can become more experienced and learn from your mistakes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag