Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleP-O

Medical Marijuana Users Threatened With Legal Action By Health Canada
    #721934 - 03/18/14 01:59 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Medical marijuana growers hoping the federal government would be lax in implementing its new ban on self-grown pot next month are likely to be disappointed.

In a statement released Friday, Health Canada says that users who grow their own supply in their homes, or buy from small growers licenced under the old program, will not only have to destroy the stash before April 1, but also submit a form promising they've destroyed it and are no longer producing. Otherwise, Health Canada "will notify law enforcement."

This threat of legal action contradicts information in a Health Canada memo from last fall, in which the agency said it doesn't intend to share previous growers' personal info with law enforcement, Vancouver's Georgia Straight reports.

Users have to send in the form by April 30.

The changes to the medical marijuana program will limit legal growing to licensed companies which will mail out pre-dried packages of pot to those with a prescription. The federal government has certified 10 producers so far.

The government claims the new rules will reduce illegal trafficking and health hazards caused by growing the plant in private homes, but many users say they worry market prices will make the drug too expensive for them to buy. Health Canada estimates the average price of a gram will rise to $7.60 from the current price of $1.80 to $5, but one licensed company has already said it will offer a discount to those on social assistance or disability.

The federal agency also offers a suggestion on its website for destroying leftover marijuana, to add water to it before mixing it in with cat litter and throwing it out, a solution one user calls "ridiculous."

Opponents of the changes have threatened they might defy the new rules and a few are taking legal action. A B.C. lawyer has launched a constitutional challenge against the law, and an Ottawa couple has sued the federal government for $6.5 million.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/03/15/medical-marijuana-canada_n_4971566.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Fuck these new regulations.... the price of pot is gonna SKYROCKET in canada

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
Re: Medical Marijuana Users Threatened With Legal Action By Health Canada [Re: P-O]
    #722606 - 03/22/14 09:41 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

This is bullshit man there is a corporate take over of weed happening and all of us stoners are too content with it.

We should be growing huge fields of weed outdoors so that we're not contributing to environmental degradation, but instead we go indoors because of the fucking cops and their weapons

.And besides that I feel like I need to smoke about an eighth per day to cope with my issues, where is that accounted for? No taxation without representation. If i can grow 10-20 pounds in a year (under the sun) I would have more than enough to supply all my needs and keep all my friends and family hooked up fairly well. I say fuck the corporatization of weed. I say fuck our complacency. I say fuck paying these insane prices for weed.  And I say fuck jailing black and brown men at unequal rates for minor drug offenses. I say fuck the government, OVERGROW THEM!!!!!!!!! :rasta:

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck