Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re-melting and Re-Solidfying Coconut Oil (for potency)?
    #717964 - 02/27/14 05:52 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I've just made my first batch of cannabis infused coconut oil.  I've always used butter but heard nothing but good things about the effect it has on potency, so I decided to whip up a small batch.  I'm pretty impressed, considering I let a small piece melt on my tongue and swished it around with water, and had a sudden pleasant heaviness come over my head within a minute or so.
:thumbup:

ANYWAY,

My question is this:

Could I take the oil I already have, which is rather weak compared to how strong it could be, and add it to some new fresh oil, with a new batch of bud, or perhaps trimmings, a male plant, or what-have-you, and give it another run to pull from the new batch of plant material, making it stronger overall?  Basically just melting it into a new batch of oils first run and going as normal from there?

That would make life so much easier if it worked without detriment.

Right now it's kind of an offish amber color.  I only used a bit of meh stemmy/seedy crap for it, and dropped in like .1 of some nasty tasting iso hash I made a month or two ago.  I added it assuming the water I simmered it with would pull out all the nasty shit, definitely did so.  But I don't know if I should be satisfied with an amber-hued product or if I should be going for a strong green.  Could post pics if it would contribute to conversation.

I can only think, if you made coconut oil using straight shatter (don't know why you would but if you did) it certainly wouldn't be green, but it would definitely put you down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Re-melting and Re-Solidfying Coconut Oil (for potency)? [Re: Inocuole]
    #717967 - 02/27/14 06:10 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Could I take the oil I already have, which is rather weak compared to how strong it could be, and add it to some new fresh oil, with a new batch of bud, or perhaps trimmings, a male plant, or what-have-you, and give it another run to pull from the new batch of plant material, making it stronger overall?  Basically just melting it into a new batch of oils first run and going as normal from there?

So you have a batch of weak coconut oil and you wanna know if u can add it (melt together) with a new batch of stronger (coconut) oil?

For sure dude.  just heat them good and mix away

(if ur askin if u can mix coconut oil with butter or cooking oil... im not sure how well it would work.  they are not the same)

Quote:

I can only think, if you made coconut oil using straight shatter (don't know why you would but if you did) it certainly wouldn't be green, but it would definitely put you down.

Ya you cant go by color.  my last batch of cookies were made with a shitload of keif.  they werent green.  but kick ASS :thumbup:

Good job pickin coconut oil.... its ALL i use now for edible (and all my normal cooking too).  super healthy and super Tasty :thumbup:

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Re-melting and Re-Solidfying Coconut Oil (for potency)? [Re: P-O]
    #718080 - 02/27/14 12:24 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah dude I'm sticking with it for sure.  It's so much easier to manage than butter just, in general.

While my question was vaguely if they can be mixed together, and you definitely answered that, what I meant to ask, I suppose, is if the  THC locked in the first batch of oil can withstand being put through the whole process again, simmered for ~2 hours, strained, reconstituted in the fridge again, etc.

I'm assuming yes since some people decarb their shit for 6 hours.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Re-melting and Re-Solidfying Coconut Oil (for potency)? [Re: Inocuole]
    #722656 - 03/22/14 12:14 PM (10 years, 28 days ago)

The older TCH in the week batch shouldn't be degraded by being processed again.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules