Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
older darker leaves and newer lighter lime green leaves - week 5 of flower
    #714402 - 02/12/14 09:20 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

so this has been goin on for the past week or 2. the older lower leaves are a dark green, pretty much what the plant should look like, but all the newer growth is a lighter lime green color. it appears the edges of those leaves are slightly darker than the inside lime color.

the weird thing is, i bought 4 clones of the same strain at one time from a dispensary. 2 plants are identical and the other 2 are identical, so im wondering if i got 2 different CCK phenos. all 4 have gotten the same level nutrients. 2 are bigger and 2 are smaller.

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clone
2. How old are your plants? ~2.5 months, and im in week 5 of flower
3. How tall are your plants? ~2.5 feet
4. What size containers are they planted in? 1.7 gallon
5. What is your soil mix? straight FFOF
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering? i water every 2-3 days, i use tap water, each 1.7 gallon pot gets about half a gallon
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.1-6.3
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Botanicare Pure Blend Bloom
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 1000w HPS
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 1.5 feet
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 25 square feet - 5x5 tent
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 75-77 degrees and 20-35% humidity
14. What is the pH of the soil? No idea
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? None
16. How much experience do you have growing? 3 successful soil grows and 1 DWC grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: older darker leaves and newer lighter lime green leaves - week 5 of flower [Re: CrushNazT]
    #714424 - 02/12/14 10:29 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Kind of sounds like a zinc deficiency, also kinda sounds like its nothing at all.

If your older leaves were REALLY dark you may have just had too much nitrogen and now its evened out.  I can kinda see that your leaves were clawing, also a possible sign of too much nitrogen

OfflineMr Magenta
Toruk Makto
Male

Re: older darker leaves and newer lighter lime green leaves - week 5 of flower [Re: CrushNazT]
    #719061 - 03/03/14 05:32 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

In my opinion those bottom leaves are too dark. I agree, too much Nitrogen. It likely won't be a problem if you just lay off the nitrogen and let it even out.
In soil be careful with Nitrogen supplicants because some N supplicants need to be processed by the bacteria in the soil to be absorbed by a plant. This bacteria need one carbon molecule for every N moecule they process. In other words, adding too much Nitrogen can burn out the carbon in the soil. Once the carbon is gone the soil won't be able to hang on the many anions. Your plants will need them.
I suggest giving plants a source of carbon every time one gives them a source of Nitrogen. Carbon can be delivered by manure, straw, or some sought of other mulch.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate