Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblackcrown420
Stranger
Utilizing Equipment First Time Grow
    #711940 - 02/05/14 10:08 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I have just purchased one 1000w hps bulb and one 400w hps bulb with reflectors and ballasts as well as various other equipment(air pump, air circulating system etc.). I was wondering with the wattage im running what strains and technique will best utilize the equipment I have. This is my first grow and I was planning on doing some of my plants in hyrdo and some of them in soil. Thoughts on strains, techniques, or various tips for a first time grow would be much appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Utilizing Equipment First Time Grow [Re: blackcrown420]
    #711941 - 02/05/14 11:04 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Fist off: pick one, soil OR hydro. Don't try and do both. Especially for a first-timer. Myself, I'll always steer someone towards hydro, but that's just because I'm a huge hydro nut, and I hate soil. Lol. I personally think hydro is easier than soil.

I would use your thouie for flowering and veg with your four hundo. Any strain you like will work well under those lights. You just gotta get the environment right and they'll flourish. Three things are needed for good growth: Light, nutes, fresh air (co2). Your two lights will give plenty of good light. Now you just gotta figure out how to get the environment just right. They like it to be about 75 degrees in the day and about ten less at night. If you're using Co2, bump those numbers up by ~ten. They will also need fresh air (if you're not using co2). This gives them new co2 to breath.

Once you pick your medium (hydro or soil), you can chose your nutrients. I would recommend just going with a simple three-part basic to start with. I think General Hydroponics has a good one. I use Botanicare's recipe for success. Its a three-part with a few additives. I also use an Aerated Compost Tea as well for beneficial microbes in my rez.

--------------------
My best run so far

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies