Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Plastic bag ban
    #703780 - 12/31/13 04:21 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Is so fucking stupid.

Making people buy a bunch of "tote" bags  or paying 10 cents a piece for  paper bags.
:facepalm:

To paraphrase George Carlin.
Quote:

It's not like these environmentalists actually give two shits about the planet. At least not in the abstract they don't. They are just concerned with a clean place to live, their own living habitat.

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles, hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages... And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE are!

Glad they haven't done this to my neck of the woods yet but LA will starting tomorrow.

Edited by Deadkndys420 (12/31/13 04:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #703785 - 12/31/13 05:00 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

This is going on in a number of places...same way with mcdonalds happy meals... they can't give a toy..go figure

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: GBurger717]
    #703887 - 01/01/14 11:38 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Do you actually know how long it takes for a plastic bag to decompose?

There is a reason the Great Pacific Gyre is a thing, and why it is mostly plastic. :shrug:

Don't worry guys, once we run out of fossil fuels we will be out of (new) plastic more or less.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #703888 - 01/01/14 11:40 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

You realize that last line in what Carlin says is kind of important if you don't want extinction right?

I don't want to go extinct. When aliens show up I don't want them to be all like "ah fuck, these chaps were just morons and polluted themselves to death"!

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

#703895 - 01/01/14 12:16 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
You realize that last line in what Carlin says is kind of important if you don't want extinction right?

I could give two shits about "extinction". Sooner or later we the human race will be gone. Wiped away from existence,just another failed mutation.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#703898 - 01/01/14 12:21 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

What do you mean by "failed mutation". You don't care if the human race goes extinct? Why not?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#703899 - 01/01/14 12:21 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

With members of our species thinking like you I wouldn't doubt it.

I personally think being the only species on earth to use advanced technology obligates us to prevent our own extinction. Mind you we will probably take most of the species on earth with us if it gets so bad we all die out.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: King Koopa]
    #703901 - 01/01/14 12:28 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
What do you mean by "failed mutation". You don't care if the human race goes extinct? Why not?

Because what good have we actually done? Can you think of one thing we have done that wasn't for ourselves or reversing the damage we have caused?

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

I personally think being the only species on earth to use advanced technology obligates us to prevent our own extinction. Mind you we will probably take most of the species on earth with us if it gets so bad we all die out.

Oh please if you think humans will be here forever then you're pretty dense.

And where are you going to go to after Earth is FUBAR? Mars? Then where from there once mars is fucked?

Every heard the phrase "History repeats itself"? One way or another humans will be there own demise.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: Deadkndys420] * 1
    #703908 - 01/01/14 12:52 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Quote:

King Koopa said:

Because what good have we actually done? Can you think of one thing we have done that wasn't for ourselves or reversing the damage we have caused?

Most species only do things that are for themselves, if they don't they go extinct. And to be clear symbiotic relationships help themselves because without their symbiotic partner they would be fucked.

Quote:

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

Oh please if you think humans will be here forever then you're pretty dense.

And where are you going to go to after Earth is FUBAR? Mars? Then where from there once mars is fucked?

Every heard the phrase "History repeats itself"? One way or another humans will be there own demise.

Well preferably I think staying on earth until the sun gets to large to stay; however with plebeians like you, who get butt hurt over ending a habit that is literally choking the oceans historically most fertile areas with poison, that only think about how inconvenient a change will be. But then again you just started a thread ranting about a first world problem, and then got butt-hurt when you were given a perfectly legitimate argument why your bitching is as selfish as a toddler.

History repeats itself isn't like some cosmic rule, it's just some line historians use to try to show value in your profession. Go figure a species behavior remains constant in a variety of situations; however, that isn't relevant for a claim about extinction. Assuming the future will be like the past is literally the logical problem with induction, and why it isn't deductively sound.

If we actually centrally planned what we did the human race would be a much more efficient species. Our selfish nature, displayed by products of the first world like you, who think anything justifies increasing their personal (and short term) comfort prevents any kind communal decision making. All the industry you take for granted and assume we must continue has began in the last century or two. It's such a brief period of time in human existence that it's almost laughable to take it to be constant in human activity.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

#703911 - 01/01/14 01:06 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

however with plebeians like you, who get butt hurt over ending a habit that is literally choking the oceans historically most fertile areas with poison, that only think about how inconvenient a change will be. But then again you just started a thread ranting about a first world problem, and then got butt-hurt when you were given a perfectly legitimate argument why your bitching is as selfish as a toddler.

When did I get "butthurt"? I never said anything about your "plastic island". You are the selfish one. You aren't satisfied unless humans are here until the end of time. I on the other hand do not care if we will be here for the next 100 years. We are the worst thing that has happened to this planet and once we are gone the earth will repair itself like it has been doing for the past millions of years. Your arrogance is as astonishing.

You are obviously the "butthurt" one in this thread.

Here try this "Adolf Hitler" said it worked well for him.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#703912 - 01/01/14 01:15 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Is so fucking stupid.

Making people buy a bunch of "tote" bags  or paying 10 cents a piece for  paper bags.

< butt-hurt over being inconvenienced because you can't have a poison-bag.

I don't think you actually understand how much damage we are actually doing to the global ecosystem. The earth isn't some grand medic that mends itself whenever it is damaged. It's a rock flying through space that happened to be able to harbor life, some of that life developed tool use and then one species created and entire niche of specialized tool-use. They learned to live off the land and defend themselves with their tools, they took other organisms and turned them into ones that better served their needs. We are the only species we have ever observed with those capabilities, I personally think that is a niche worth preserving.

If we do enough damage to the ecosystems of the world it is not unbelievable that life could literally cease to exist. That is not something I want to have on my conscience, even if it's guilt that will be shared by all those that have lived in the industrialized world. It's our obligation to live sustainably, and that which isn't sustainable, if it is to be used) should be used in a manner than would most benefit our fellow life forms. And to be clear, should mankind become extinct, the impact of our exit will ripple throughout the world.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

#703914 - 01/01/14 01:20 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Is so fucking stupid.

butt-hurt over being inconvenienced because you can't have a poison-bag.

God you're dense.

I was upset that they are making us pay for brown paper bags (they were free when plastic was offered) or paying for shitty nylon bags.  Adding the George Carlin quote just seemed Relevant.
:braindamage:
Man I hope you do not burden the world with your offspring.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#703916 - 01/01/14 01:25 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Explain why the "shitty nylon bags" are bad? Disposable bags are a horrible habit you brat.

I hope I do since I have dat sexy IQ. :feelsgoodman: #arroganceisbliss

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: Thebooedocksaint] * 1
    #703940 - 01/01/14 04:00 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

we need hemp plastic bags... made from nature and fully recyclable

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: P-O]
    #703945 - 01/01/14 04:51 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
we need hemp plastic bags... made from nature and fully recyclable

typical stoners thinking weed is the answer to everything

IMO
we're gonna get wiped out by some sort of natural catastrophe long before we have the opportunity to kill ourselves off.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: volcomstoner] * 1
    #703952 - 01/01/14 06:05 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting. I'm kind of in the middle of the argument but lean toward the side that we are pretty much gonna be dead meat.

Quote:

I personally think being the only species on earth to use advanced technology obligates us to prevent our own extinction.

I couldn't agree more but believe that because of our ability to use advanced technology we will bring about our own end. There are way to many bombs to believe that we are all going to just join hands sing it's a small world and dismantle them all. One day one or a few are gonna go off.

We tend to celebrate ourselves a little bit to much. We chain ourselves to trees to save 10000 acres of rain forest and celebrate when we do it with little thought of the 500000 acres that got cut down to get us out there in the first place also not considering the fact that if we weren't here there wouldn't have been a problem to begin with.

I think humans are the learning species of the planet. The next race (most likely some kind of insect that will survive the radiation) will learn from the mistakes that we made.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: Magash]
    #703978 - 01/01/14 10:17 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Interesting. I'm kind of in the middle of the argument but lean toward the side that we are pretty much gonna be dead meat.

Quote:

I personally think being the only species on earth to use advanced technology obligates us to prevent our own extinction.

I couldn't agree more but believe that because of our ability to use advanced technology we will bring about our own end. There are way to many bombs to believe that we are all going to just join hands sing it's a small world and dismantle them all. One day one or a few are gonna go off.

We tend to celebrate ourselves a little bit to much. We chain ourselves to trees to save 10000 acres of rain forest and celebrate when we do it with little thought of the 500000 acres that got cut down to get us out there in the first place also not considering the fact that if we weren't here there wouldn't have been a problem to begin with.

I think humans are the learning species of the planet. The next race (most likely some kind of insect that will survive the radiation) will learn from the mistakes that we made.

:happyweed:

Word. The ignorance of lobbyists is hilarious at times. Kind of a small scale example of how the human race can be.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: TribalSeed] * 1
    #704056 - 01/02/14 02:16 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

:pipesmoke: I already use those totes. Its not that big of a deal. I refuse bags at most stores too.

Not because I give a fuck, but because it doesn't burden me that much to do it.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: RasJeph] * 2
    #704092 - 01/02/14 07:48 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Reusuable bags are great.  Mine are made from hemp!  Portland doesn't allow plastic bags, but none of the stores charge for paper.  Maybe you just live in a shitty city?

And if you don't care if humans go extinct, why don't ya start by offing yourself :shrug:  It's one more that we don't have to worry about later.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Re: Plastic bag ban [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 1
    #704093 - 01/02/14 07:49 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

You're missing the point.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates