Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
New York: Marijuana Legalization Legislation to be Introduced
    #698483 - 12/11/13 03:26 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Assembly Health Committee Chairman Richard Gottfried (D-Manhattan) and Sen. Liz Krueger (D-Manhattan) have announced their intent to introduce legislation to legalize the possession, cultivation, and retail sale of cannabis.

Speaking at a press conference, the Assembly bill's sponsor Rep. Gottfried said, “We really need to move beyond our totally broken prohibition model to a sensible tax and regulate model. I think it’s widely recognized that marijuana is at most nowhere near as potentially harmful as alcohol and our law is dishonest.”

Added Sen. Krueger, “I don’t believe a drug that is proven to be less dangerous, from a health perspective, than alcohol or tobacco should be under laws that actually criminalize and ruin lives when alcohol or tobacco are regulated and taxed.”

The proposed Assembly and Senate measures would allow adults over the age of 18 to possess up to 2 ounces of dried marijuana, 1/4 ounce of marijuana concentrates, and to cultivate up to 6 plants. The legislation would also establish regulations for state-licensed retail cannabis outlets throughout the state. Retail sales would be limited to adults over the age of 21.

New York City Comptroller John Liu estimates that taxing the commercial production and retail sale of cannabis to adults would yield an estimated $400 million annually, just in the city alone.

According to a 2013 ACLU report, no state arrests more of its citizens for marijuana possession than New York.

NORML will keep you updated as this legislation moves forward. Please take time today to enter your zip code below and urge your elected officials to support this important legislation.

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/51046/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=12563

Go to link to fill out form.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: New York: Marijuana Legalization Legislation to be Introduced [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #698980 - 12/14/13 08:12 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

just want to point out It's not for Medical marijuana, we just want to legalize the palnt altogether
also am i the only person here form NY?

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Edited by grod31 (12/14/13 08:13 AM)

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: New York: Marijuana Legalization Legislation to be Introduced [Re: grod31]
    #722095 - 03/19/14 11:23 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

grod31 said:
just want to point out It's not for Medical marijuana, we just want to legalize the palnt altogether
also am i the only person here form NY?

Lived there for thirty years. This is long overdue. Upstate NY on the VT border is where I took my first toke. I'm living in SEC territory now; contemplating moving to Colorado or just praying we get legalized by 2016.

--------------------
All submissions are for informational purposes and entertainment only.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale