Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery
dying tomato leaves, and cannabis leaves wilting?
    #692915 - 11/10/13 08:33 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? - seeds
2. How old are your plants? - tomatos are 3 weeks cannabis are 2weeks
3. How tall are your plants? 8ish inches
4. What type of hydro system are you using? dwc
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? tomatos are agroponic, cannabis is just using general hydroponics calmag, rapidstart, and orcha so far, adding nutes starting tonight.
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 6.5
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? I use r/o so 0-10
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? 250ish
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? room temp
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? stays about the same
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? no
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? no
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") I use a 90w ufo and a 600w mh
14. How close are your lights to the plants? about 2 ft
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? 5x3
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? temp around 80, humidity around 20
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? found a wood roach, and a big ass spider but other than that nothing.
18. How much experience do you have growing?
new to cannabis.

wondering what the cause may be that my tomato leaves are dying? and why the one cannabis leave is wilting/kinda stiff, and the other one has a leave that is kinda curling up on one side.

sorry, I will post more pics later tonight, those ones kind of suck but my lights are off right now so the camera cant focus.

Edited by roxxor (11/10/13 08:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: dying tomato leaves, and cannabis leaves wilting? [Re: roxxor]
    #692979 - 11/10/13 03:34 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

heres two better pics of it, some tiny yellow spots and the leaves seem to be getting kind of brittle and curling.

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#692983 - 11/10/13 03:39 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

i dont know much about hydro sets up but i belive your ph my be to high.. 6.5 is soil ph range... i belive your suppost to be in the mid 5 range for a ph.. but wait for a hydro grower to jump in

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: dying tomato leaves, and cannabis leaves wilting? [Re: Mrshroom]
    #692985 - 11/10/13 03:41 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

oh not sure if humidity is differnt for hydro.. but if its around 20% that might be a little low also..

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: dying tomato leaves, and cannabis leaves wilting? [Re: Mrshroom]
    #692989 - 11/10/13 04:05 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, 6.5 is soil.  Hydro you need to be around 5.8

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #693368 - 11/12/13 08:48 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Those spots look like they might be cal/mg deficiency. What ppms are you running your cal/mg at?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: dying tomato leaves, and cannabis leaves wilting? [Re: phychotron]
    #693941 - 11/16/13 10:09 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Those spots look like they might be cal/mg deficiency. What ppms are you running your cal/mg at?

250ppm of calmag is my base, I just added veg nutes this week and im running at 520-580 ppms total.

I adjusted the ph when I added veg nutes and it seems like it helped some but the bottom leaves still have some yellow spotting, doesn't seem to be getting any worse though.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #693959 - 11/16/13 12:56 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

So there was only cal/mg at first, now you've added some nutes... sounds like something was deficient. I somehow missed that when I read it. Your plants are big enough to need nutrients if you want them to grow. Once a leaf is damaged it will never recover, you have to watch the new growth and how it responds. You should see a surge of growth now that you've fed them.

Nutrient burn starts at the ends of the leaf. The tips/points turn yellow/brown and it starts to recede down the leaf and you can usually see it coming on unless you torch the plant somehow. Everything else is usually a deficiency of some sort.

If you have the space and time take a tester plant and feed the shit out of it till it dies. Likewise take one and cut out its food supply and watch how they respond. Learn the plants limits on ppm's and see if its worth going to the max before you burn or if you can go with 20% and get similar results.

I've noticed that some novice growers underfeed to avoid nutrient burn and then think they have overfed and burned their plants when they show leaf damage.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineroxxor
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: dying tomato leaves, and cannabis leaves wilting? [Re: phychotron]
    #694037 - 11/16/13 10:22 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
So there was only cal/mg at first, now you've added some nutes... sounds like something was deficient. I somehow missed that when I read it. Your plants are big enough to need nutrients if you want them to grow. Once a leaf is damaged it will never recover, you have to watch the new growth and how it responds. You should see a surge of growth now that you've fed them.

Nutrient burn starts at the ends of the leaf. The tips/points turn yellow/brown and it starts to recede down the leaf and you can usually see it coming on unless you torch the plant somehow. Everything else is usually a deficiency of some sort.

If you have the space and time take a tester plant and feed the shit out of it till it dies. Likewise take one and cut out its food supply and watch how they respond. Learn the plants limits on ppm's and see if its worth going to the max before you burn or if you can go with 20% and get similar results.

I've noticed that some novice growers underfeed to avoid nutrient burn and then think they have overfed and burned their plants when they show leaf damage.

yea I think I waited about a week too long to add nutes to my resovoir, and when I did I think the ph was a little to high, I got the ppm dialed in to 500-550 and adjusted the ph to around 5.5 and so far so good, not seeing any progression of the yellow spots or drying of the leaves. heres some up to date pics.

comments, and constructive criticism welcome, these are almost exactly 4 weeks from seed so let me know how they are doing, the smaller on the left is blue mystic autoflower, the bigger on the right is wonderwoman.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #694070 - 11/17/13 09:51 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Looks pretty good, the stems look nice and healthy green, a little bit of nutrient issues but I suspect those will pass if you feed properly. I think that leaf curling is usually heat related.

Read this guide.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds