Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelurker6street
Stranger

White Widow, God Bud, Pink Panther, King Tut, GSC and Asian Orange/Blue Cheese/Lifesaver cross DWC
    #686990 - 09/30/13 09:39 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Now having several grows under my belt, all Hydro (DWC), I have started branching out and messing with genetics and breeding.  This is what will be the start of much more to come.  Keep in mind, the plants that are in pots, are only there for vegging.  The ones in the rez (netpots), are there flowering.  And yes, I know vegging with HPS isn't ideal but it'll do for the 3-4 weeks that I want them to sit there.  I don't want to throw them in a rez until they branch out another 6-8 inches.

Notice the strange phenotype growth around the Girl Scout Cookies main stem.  It's weird.  Also, I am curious as to why my hydro always looks a lot light-green compared to the soil grows, which are really dark green.

The rez has a 500gph pump which kicks motherfucking water out like a volcano - super oxygenated.

The Pink Panther is the V neck
Two White Widows are beside each other in the white netpots
God Bud is in the back, hard to spot.  She is quite defoliated but growing nicely.

Girl Scout Cookies is the one with the strange growth
King Tut is the butchy-looking one
ABL is the other 

I am especially interested to see what develops of the Pink Panther and the Asian Orange (50%)/Blue Cheese(25%) /Lifesaver cross(25%) . 

Deep Water Culture/Nutrient Film Technique fo' life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: White Widow, God Bud, Pink Panther, King Tut, GSC and Asian Orange/Blue Cheese/Lifesaver cross DWC [Re: lurker6street]
    #687054 - 10/01/13 11:50 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I see, so what is the aim of this?  Also, I didn't see any NFT in the pictures.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinelurker6street
Stranger

Re: White Widow, God Bud, Pink Panther, King Tut, GSC and Asian Orange/Blue Cheese/Lifesaver cross DWC [Re: TomCollins]
    #687086 - 10/01/13 01:49 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

To eventually cross a few strains.  ATM, I am only flowering to mother some more clones and then will in the future get into breeding. 

Yes, no NFT at the moment.  I am currently doing a soil and aero/DWC setup.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: White Widow, God Bud, Pink Panther, King Tut, GSC and Asian Orange/Blue Cheese/Lifesaver cross DWC [Re: lurker6street]
    #687095 - 10/01/13 03:07 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I see, I was confused by your last sentence in the OP, but it makes sense now...

I have to say your plants look quite unusual for cannabis plants... it almost looks like they've been bred with some other plant. Is that just because of how you took the cutting or did you grow those plants from seed? Do you already have the plant genetics that you're going to cross?

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinelurker6street
Stranger

Re: White Widow, God Bud, Pink Panther, King Tut, GSC and Asian Orange/Blue Cheese/Lifesaver cross DWC [Re: TomCollins]
    #687132 - 10/01/13 07:10 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DonkeyDong69 said:
I see, I was confused by your last sentence in the OP, but it makes sense now...

I have to say your plants look quite unusual for cannabis plants... it almost looks like they've been bred with some other plant. Is that just because of how you took the cutting or did you grow those plants from seed? Do you already have the plant genetics that you're going to cross?

I should explain.  The God Bud nearly was killed off by a nutrient swing and me not noticing until I purchased a PH Tester.  I have remedied that and now the foliage is MUCH more light green and not the yellow that they were.  They've budded at about 13 sites on that small fem.

The 2 White Widows are budding nicely.  My temps are quite low, at about 68F, so they appear to be in the 3rd week of growing.  At night, I kick on a heater to about 94F, which elevates the ambient temperature to around 70-75.  During the day, the light keeps the plants a little warmer than what the gauge reads.  Reason for this, is I can't run my 1000w and the heater at the same time for some reason - always trips the circuit.

I didn't keep quite a great log of when I started flowing the first 4 plants I switched over (Pink Panther, 2 White Widows, 1 God Bud).  The other strains I am going to let flower until they're about 3ft tall.  I've got a clone of the White Widow in a soil pot, as well as, a King Tut and the Girl Scout Cookies in the soil, too.

Edited by lurker6street (10/01/13 07:13 PM)

OfflineTomCollins

#687153 - 10/01/13 09:50 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

How were you able to grow in your in a DWC without a ph test in your previous grows?

In the pictures, it's a bit hard to see what the foliage looks like. The dark lines make the foliage look discoloured and necrotic in many places.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Offlinelurker6street
Stranger

#687163 - 10/01/13 11:01 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DonkeyDong69 said:
How were you able to grow in your in a DWC without a ph test in your previous grows?

In the pictures, it's a bit hard to see what the foliage looks like. The dark lines make the foliage look discoloured and necrotic in many places.

The foliage has made a complete 180, I have to admit, it looked quite yellowish before...

I had a manual PH tester (think 7th grade science project), had to wait on more disposable income.  ANyways, it turns out, *no surprise*, that the manual tester was wayyyy off. 

Corrected the deficiency, growing much better.  It's been awhile since I've grown, a few years, actually. 

I am just getting an initial flower out of these girls and then I will revert back to veg, clone and start over.  Gonna grow a couple of Mother Trees and start doing selective breeding with clones from them, making them feminized with Colloidal Silver Spray and distributing them for very low cost/free to other patients.  I am more interested in seeing grow reports as a requirement to the discount for them.  Can already dream up what I am gonna x.  Thinking Blue Dream x GSC for Blue Cookies....

Edited by lurker6street (01/24/16 09:37 PM)

OfflineJeffSpicoli
PORKCHOP
Male User Gallery
Loc: COLORADO,USA Flag
    #712299 - 02/06/14 07:46 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I think the last 2 look like pepper leaves.

Offlinedelta9hippie
Stranger
    #753646 - 10/17/14 11:22 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

lurker6street said:
I am just getting an initial flower out of these girls and then I will revert back to veg, clone and start over.  Gonna grow a couple of Mother Trees and start doing selective breeding with clones from them

I don't completely understand. Are you trying to flower them so you can get a glimpse at their budding types, or are you trying to stress induce hermaphroditism?

Also, are you just going to breed females with females?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds