Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineditekat7
Stranger
Southern Clone Plight
    #685283 - 09/15/13 01:20 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I have growing for 12yrs now. I use Chris's Special Brew from Advanced Floraculture (BLOOM) products. I have had great success using them.
But, I cannot grow a successful clone to save my genetics. gone thru the gammit of machines, media, lighting, etc. I have media temp under control, dome temp and humidity also.
Here in the SOUTH we have serious humidity problems. Devices are wholly inaccurate because of the water droplet size.
This problem and angst, will shut me down eventually.
I am now using plug tray, Viagrow mat, tall dome and t5 bulbs (up to 4).
In need of EXACT directions, from type of water, all temps, LUX@ tops of plants, venting, humidity(RH) etc, etc, etc....

I will be forever gratefull to the one who will help me on my quest.
I seem to be the only one that uses Chris's Brew in the South, so you know that I grow quality, and I don't take sidesteps to achive it.
I have spent over $3.5k thru the years with bewildering results.
I am part of the union, your brother needs help...
Thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Southern Clone Plight [Re: ditekat7]
    #685299 - 09/15/13 02:59 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Aerocloner is going be the best bet. 

It sounds like you already know what to do.  It's hard to say why you haven't been getting results.  What cloning gel are you using?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlineditekat7
Stranger

Re: Southern Clone Plight [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #685371 - 09/16/13 08:41 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Appreciate your reponse. Tried many machine with frustrating results. I just need the basics to adjust accordingly. Any suggestions?

OfflineHerbalPeace
Stranger

Re: Southern Clone Plight [Re: ditekat7]
    #685375 - 09/16/13 09:35 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

What exactly is causing failure? Fungus in your humidity done? Just a lack of root formation? Just some generals I can throw out would be (and i should note I don't have much exp here, so someone else feel free to correct anything this is poor advice)... also, no offense meant of any of these are very basic:

- low light intensity (just fluorescent tubes) for at least the first week

- no fertilizer until at least day 7... and first application being a rather light application of high P stuff

- expose gradually to the sun starting the 2nd week/when the roots begin to develop, along with a gradual lowering of the RH

- continuous air circulation amid the very high humidity

- mist leaves with H2O every day if need be

- cut leaves off at least halfway

- put cut ends off the plant (at the base of the branch) in mineral water right away until placed in soil media within an hr

- when trimming and cutting for your base further up the branch, cut at a 45o angle and then cut up 1-2 cm right in the middle of the branch before dipping in the gel/powder (scrape off the excess)

- cotton swab w/alcohol your blade between each one

- make sure to take out the portion of gel/powder that you will use and don't dip in the main container or put any back in it

- possibly apply a fungicide/insecticide spray to the leaves one of the first couple of days (don't know if it's recommended to submerge them in any such solution right away)

- very good contact of the stem with the soil media (so in my case I add in some very fine stuff to fill right around the stem), w stem/stuck sufficiently far down

- pH of media somewhat acidic... wanna say 5.5-6.0

- 16 or more hrs of light per day... but dark period of the cycle right away after cutting are placed in media

Again, anyone free to correct or otherwise offer suggestions as i don't have much exp but would like to become proficient w/cloning in the next few years

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Southern Clone Plight [Re: HerbalPeace]
    #685390 - 09/16/13 12:45 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

No ferts at all until you see roots, and even then, unless they are going into a hydro system it is still unnecessary.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Southern Clone Plight [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #685473 - 09/17/13 04:50 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Well I only been growing seriously hard for two years. With that said I should not be
trying to tell anyone anything!  But  the way I clone I get a 99% rooted!! In 12 days :baaaam:

1 I take my cutting put them in a glass of water.

2 Now I get my soil ready. I put LK in ph-ed 6.5 water . Then soak my soil with it.

3 Take your rooting hormone and put alittle on some paper. I use powder.

4 I also take a plate and put ph water into,to cut my 45s underwater.

5 Get everything ready so when you cut underwater you can dip it and put it right in the soil.

So when your ready you take a cutting trim the big leafs back a little not all ! Hold it gently underwater and make
your 45 cut dip in hormone then put it in your soil. About an inch down. Do this to as many clones you want or have.

Here is a pic after this is all done.

Now that you have that done. I put them in a dome under 4 t5 shop lights. Plus I put a heat matt under the dome on the roots. Lights on for 24 hours 

Easy as that now I spray them now and once a day for two weeks!!!!!
After the two weeks there ready for what ever you can throw at them ! Here are those diesel clones week after cutting.

I hope this helps:stayfunky:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies