Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSynapse Trap
+Universe Beholder+
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado Flag
Proof that cannabis not only helps treat PTSD, but can regrow damaged hippocampus
    #680344 - 08/04/13 01:50 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Last month someone said they "believe" cannabis helps with PTSD, well it is now safe to turn that belief, into scientific fact.

Check this out:How child abuse primes the brain for future mental illness
Excerpt:
Quote:

Now, in the largest study yet to use brain scans to show the effects of child abuse, researchers have found specific changes in key regions in and around the hippocampus in the brains of young adults who were maltreated or neglected in childhood. These changes may leave victims more vulnerable to depression, addiction and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), the study suggests.

Then, check this out:

Those like me, that were abused as a chld, were pre-dispoded to develeoping PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder, Drug addiction, Hashimoto's thyroid disease, Anxiety issues, Memory issues, and I have ALL of those after returning from combat in Afghanistan.

So here is what I'm getting at, PTSD is a real disorder like this next graphic demonstrates

Ok, so we know childhood trauma destroys part of the hippocampus, and cannabis, actually has been demonstrated scientifically to regenerate that specific part of the destroyed hippocampus contrary to all the bullshit 1950's hysteria that said cannabis destroys brain cells.

Here is the evidence that shows the regeneration:Scientists Discover Another Way Marijuana Helps The Brain Grow
Exciting excerpt!:
Quote:

Still, THC is not the only chemical found in marijuana and, eight years later, a team from Brazil is giving marijuana users more reason to celebrate. Their study, published in the July issue of The International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, shows that cannabidiol (CBD) can help your brain grow too.

Looking to investigate the effects of CBD on anxiety and depression in rodents, the researchers went to the source – a part of the brain called the hippocampus. The hippocampus regulates emotion and cognitive function and is also the only area of the adult brain that can grow. While previous studies have found CBD to have beneficial effects on anxiety and depression, the new study is the first to explain why.

What the scientists found was that CBD, just like THC, also causes brain cells in the hippocampus to grow. This, they say, could explain why previous studies identified CBD as an effective treatment for mood disorders.

This is a LONG scientific paper that goes VERY in depth, so you might want to look at this when you're bored sitting in a starbucks or something. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder In-Depth Report

Hope this helps, because I know that cannabis, and entheogens help my PTSD and Depression for a fact, even without all the medical and scientific facts, I know from experience, and first hand experience (for me anyway) trumps all.

--------------------
"Johnny's in the basement mixin' up the medicine..
I'm on the pavement thinkin' 'bout the government.." -Dylan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies