Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePhoenix Crash
Stranger Danger

Loc: From Paris w/ Love
HELP!!!! Yellow Leaves & Necrotic Spots
    #678840 - 07/20/13 05:07 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Need some help diagnosing the problems I'm having with all of my babies.

First off, the grow info:

- Outdoor grow

- Seeds are from a reliable seedbank

- Plants are between 2-3 months old.

- Plants range anywhere between 1 1/2 feet and 6 feet tall.

- There is a total of 13 plants (5 that are flowering and 8 that are just now showing signs of sex).

- 6 of the plants are in 7 gallon pots, the others are in 3 gallon pots. Only 2 of the flowering plants are in 7 gallon pots, the other 3 are in 3 gallon pots. 4 of the vegging plants are in the 7 gallon pots and the rest are in the 3 gallon pots.

- Soil Mix: The 7 gallon pots are a mix of organic potting soil, perlite, worm castings, peat moss, bone and blood meal (the soil wasn't allowed to cook, so the bone and blood meal probably hasn't had time to breakdown and become usable by the plants). The 3 gallon pots are a mix of organic potting soil, perlite, peat moss and worm castings.

- pH Levels: All were between 6.4-6.8 the last time I checked, which was almost 3 weeks ago.

- Nutrients & Watering: All off the flowering plants receive MG Bloom Booster (at 1/4 to 1/2 strength) every couple of waterings. All plants in vegetative state receive well-water with 5-1-1 fish fertilizer every watering. Watering is usually once or twice a week, but it's been less than that lately because we've had a week and a half of non-stop rain.

- Temperatures: 80-90F during the day, 65-75F at night.

- Insect Problems: Small problem with whiteflies, but no serious infestations. At least, not that I can see.

Now that that's out of the way, here are the problems that I'm experiencing:

- Gradual to extreme yellowing of the lower leaves (mostly fan leaves, but not limited to just the fan leaves). *Possibly a Nitrogen deficiency?*

- Necrotic spots on leaves that start out as light green, then turn brown and eventually turn grey. This is a problem on all the leaves, not just the fan leaves. It does, however, seem to affect the fan and lower leaves first. *Possibly a Mg deficiency or insect problem?*

- Purple stems. I understand that this is common with some strains, but I'm fairly sure that's not what I'm dealing with. *No fucking clue on this one*

I'm experiencing these problems with almost every plant, regardless of pot size, soil mix, or fertilizers. I've searched several 'Plant Problem Solvers', but can't call it. This is my first serious grow, so forgive me if I'm fucking it all up.

Now, for some pics:

This is Bubblegummer, only 1 1/2 feet tall but 2 weeks into flowering. The yellowing of the leaves keep moving up the plant more and more every day (getting close to those sweet little purple nugs):

Here's a couple of closeups of the lower leaves on the Bubblegummer that are completely yellowed with necrotic spots:

Now, here are a few pics of the necrotic spots on the plants (vegging and flowering ones):

Now, here are a couple of pics of stems that seem to be turning a dark red - purple color. The second one shows a purple stem leading down to a fan leaf that has been nearly destroyed by the 'necrotic spotting' that we spoke of earlier:

So.....What the fuck is going on here guys? What nutrient(s) am I missing. Please help before this destroys my entire grow. Remember that I'm having these problems with all the plants, regardless of pot size or soil mixture. Thanks in advance fellows.

--------------------
"In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws. But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Phoenix Crash (07/20/13 05:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefunnyfart
Strangler
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: HELP!!!! Yellow Leaves & Necrotic Spots [Re: Phoenix Crash]
    #678860 - 07/21/13 05:44 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I think that it's kinda normal for the flowering plants that leaves turn yellow .....
when it don't get to much I wouldn't worry

:happyweed:

but what do I know

Offlinefunnyfart
Strangler
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: HELP!!!! Yellow Leaves & Necrotic Spots [Re: funnyfart]
    #678870 - 07/21/13 09:52 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

All plants in vegetative state receive well-water with 5-1-1 fish fertilizer every watering.

that's maybe why the get yellow.. my growfretz got NPK 4-3-9?!

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: HELP!!!! Yellow Leaves & Necrotic Spots [Re: funnyfart]
    #678945 - 07/22/13 04:51 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Your problem is with the Miracle Grow fert. 

That amount of yellowing is not normal.  I would flush the shit out of all your plants, then give them some real nutes like fox farm or botanicaire.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblePhoenix Crash
Stranger Danger

Loc: From Paris w/ Love
Re: HELP!!!! Yellow Leaves & Necrotic Spots [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #679623 - 07/29/13 02:41 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Got the purple stems and yellowing leaves thing under control. However, I still can't figure out the necrotic spots....maybe a Calcium deficiency?

--------------------
"In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws. But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGaV
Stranger
 User Gallery

#683011 - 08/25/13 09:36 AM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like Fe deficiency to me

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: HELP!!!! Yellow Leaves & Necrotic Spots [Re: GaV]
    #684403 - 09/06/13 12:34 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Well What happened man??

I went to see all my girls today and I remembered reading this so here is a pic of the one girl this is happening too!

OfflineHerbalPeace
Stranger

#685018 - 09/12/13 10:50 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Given that it seems to be in the middle leaves, I wouldn't say it's a nutrient issues as that tends to show up top or bottom depending on whether it's a mobile or immobile nutrient. Irregular dead spots are probably a disease or perhaps insect damage.

Purple/red stems can be low P, but given your soil richness, fertilizer, and amt of soil relative to plant size, unlikely I would say unless pH is way off (and you said ~6.5, so should be fine.) Could just be genetics, or cold stress could cause it. I wouldn't worry about that, especially if it's only a few stems.

Yellowing of leaves (especially larger ones) throughout the plant is normal as flowering finishes up. Only if it were the lower ones in particular would I say add some more N, but if in the final couple weeks of flowering probably not gonna make much of a difference.

Edited by HerbalPeace (09/12/13 11:00 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds