Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Can any one identify, or have a good idea as to what is causing this damage on these leaves?
    #677699 - 07/11/13 10:11 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Approximately 4-5 days ago my seedlings leaves had som interveinal drying, a rust/brown color. The seedling sprouted 6/14 today's 7/11 this only affects 2 leaves that are apposite each other and they sprouted together so theyre sister leaves? The leaves are the ones considered its first set, not the seed leaves or the first singles but the following triple, except this plant put out single leaves again, and very wide. The rest of the growth is lush and good. They are grown indoor in a 2'x2' closet with a self made cfl fixture. It has 12 bulbs there are 7 26watt 5500 k 1600 lumen CFLs and 5 23 watt 2700k 1495 lumen CFLs (mix the spectrum) the seedling in question was started with damp paper towel and a ziplock bag, once the tap sprouted it was placed gently inside a peat pellet. It's 1st week was slow, my Gro space wasn't ready and I was basically making a flimsy lean to with a 23 watt 2700k I accidentally damaged the little stem thinkin it was surely dead, but not one to give up it stayed alive, but it was a downward seedling the stem actually went along the top of the cup it was in and the leaves hung below the line of the top. After getting it supported and in to the grow area since it was ready it took to straight up in 2 days, for 8 days I had the light intensity low, because along with the seedling I had a seed just put into a wet peat pellet, no germination TEK. And was trying to root my first cuttings ever 6 cuttings a seedling and a peat pellet under 3 CFLs in the grow area this went for 8 days until I saw roots.(after 2 days I added a heat pad, tithe 3rd day I removed all the unnessary leaves I left on, on day 5 I took the humidity domes off I left them off accidentally for 5 hours, 4 stayed Perkins and 2 went droopy, I immediately sprayed the plants with tap water sprayed inside the dome and put it back on, there was a seal issue and the dome lost humiity fast, the other 4 didn't need domes any more so I offed the 2. One should a nub so I know that one woulda been good if not for my bonehead move. 10 days after taking cuttings(6/24 is cutting day and seed2 sprout day) I transplanted everything. I purchased a bag of DrEarthnsoiless medium(labeled as root zone, seed starter.) it consists of Peat Moss, Perlite, Seaweed Extract, Aloe Vera, Yucca Extract, Oyster Shell & Dolomite Limes, Ecto & Endo Mycorrhizae and Beneficial Soil Microbes.this link is to Osh where I bought both items.http://www.osh.com/eng/product/dr_earth_nitro_big_7_2_2_16oz_concentrate/1944529.
So they've only been in their Hempy containers for 5 days, all is well the plant in question is great except those 2 leaves.this is it and only on this leaf and it's "sister" leaf. Anything will help, probably.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can any one identify, or have a good idea as to what is causing this damage on these leaves? [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #677707 - 07/11/13 11:47 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Re: Can any one identify, or have a good idea as to what is causing this damage on these leaves? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #677755 - 07/12/13 10:55 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Lol right, it did post it somehow. Here though.. Tough to see one but the big leaf on the bottom left. Thos is only on this plant and only the 2 sister leaves. This is the other, it's fine no damage same exact conditions as the hurt one.Only difference is age, the one in question kinda stalled for a week to two.

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
Re: Can any one identify, or have a good idea as to what is causing this damage on these leaves? [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #677774 - 07/12/13 01:38 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Mixed spectrum is only beneficial during flowering. While vegging only use 6500k bulbs. You won't get as good of growth from the 5500 and the 2700 won't do anything for vegging.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Re: Can any one identify, or have a good idea as to what is causing this damage on these leaves? [Re: GreenHorns]
    #677806 - 07/13/13 12:25 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think those would make very much difference, not enough for the cost of those bulbs that's for sure, and it's not the veg growing that's an issue that's great, it's just that single plant and that single set of leaves. Thanks for your pesos senior but I'm American and I don't need your denero  thanks

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Can any one identify, or have a good idea as to what is causing this damage on these leaves? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #677807 - 07/13/13 12:33 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Well your original post is pretty unreadable. 

Fill out this questionnaire, and we'll go from there.

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Pics help.

Also fill this out.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/53005

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Re: Can any one identify, or have a good idea as to what is causing this damage on these leaves? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #677812 - 07/13/13 01:04 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Before compiling such a list might one of you popular or super growers tell me why there are a good number of irrelevant questions? Not all but the combined wattage? That doesn't tell u any thing example cfl each bulb has a diff lumen per watt ratio and so on affecting lux, available for PAR, among others? Just so I know not to start a thread in a completely non standard question form. Thanks much guys one love huh? Lol

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

#677813 - 07/13/13 01:09 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Also potassium deficiency doesn't show as red indoor hydro, purple indoor soil, orange outdoors, potassium deficiency is potassium deficiency, no offense fellas but honestly it's not hard. You got a larger questionaire to say five words you already know, tha. A pain management doctor, must not be Californian.

OfflineTomCollins

#677820 - 07/13/13 05:20 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

You're going to get zero help if you don't follow the rules for submission in this forum.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #677826 - 07/13/13 08:35 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sam.Cee916 said:
Also potassium deficiency doesn't show as red indoor hydro, purple indoor soil, orange outdoors, potassium deficiency is potassium deficiency, no offense fellas but honestly it's not hard. You got a larger questionaire to say five words you already know, tha. A pain management doctor, must not be Californian.

Wow, uh.  No one said anything about potassium deficiency.  No offense for what?  You're just rambling.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Re: Can any one identify, or have a good idea as to what is causing this damage on these leaves? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #678666 - 07/19/13 01:09 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I was trying to say like 15 things at once. I appreciate everyone's input regardless of what it is. I understand the reasoning for the questions, and to someone for with less experience, providing those are only going to help. I have this figured out. Sorry for the Ipad puke. Again thanks of taking your time to try and decipher my vajigajangle, sorry for the laziness with the Q's. Smoke Out!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder