Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Leaves fading after flush
    #676153 - 06/25/13 08:36 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Why don't my leaves ever fade? I flush with 2x the size of the container and then at least a another gallon or two every week for 14-20 days.

I've mostly finished in 3 gallons and my shit never fades!!! I still harvest and smoke it without any crackling or weird ash and it still smells and tastes good..

Does this mean my shit isn't truly flushed if it doesn't fade? I'm sitting on almost a 1/4 pound  :wtfsonic:

Edited by PoloDown (06/25/13 08:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Leaves fading after flush [Re: PoloDown]
    #676157 - 06/25/13 08:47 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Well it's going to depend on what you are running.  There could be extra nutrients in the soil that aren't getting flushed all the way out.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Leaves fading after flush [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #676159 - 06/25/13 08:48 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I always run fox farm. I've been running advanced nutrients and its always phed RO water. I never got to the max dosage either.

Can anything bad happen from smoking on this?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #676160 - 06/25/13 08:52 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Oh I wouldn't be worrying about it. They're still using up the nutrients in the leaves. 

A lot of people just water plain water the last couple of weeks and don't even flush, so you are fine man.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#676161 - 06/25/13 08:56 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Okay cool. I swear I got like a placebo head ache yesterday. I'm prone to headaches anyway so who knows.

As long as its not toxic or unhealthy than that's good, they definitely get water for at least 2 weeks so it probably does help some

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#676162 - 06/25/13 09:05 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Is it possible that I'm flushing incorrectly?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #676163 - 06/25/13 09:10 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Doubtful.  You could increase the amount of water you're using to flush, 3-4 times the amount of substrate you have.

What kind of lighting are you using?

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#676164 - 06/25/13 09:25 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I use all LED Apollo and Blackstar panels. It's about 300+ actual watts between the two panels.

I only have two 5 gallon jugs to fill my RO water into. I don't have an actual RO system so I fill those jugs at the store. My only other option is tap water

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #676230 - 06/26/13 01:21 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Oh I wouldn't be worrying about it. They're still using up the nutrients in the leaves. 

A lot of people just water plain water the last couple of weeks and don't even flush, so you are fine man.

Exactly what I use to do in soil and never had a complaint from a club or customer and to be truthful never found a difference in it from the flushed weed. After doing this I found flushing to be a waste of my time more then anything else.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Leaves fading after flush [Re: Magash]
    #676238 - 06/26/13 01:53 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

Exactly what I use to do in soil and never had a complaint from a club or customer and to be truthful never found a difference in it from the flushed weed. After doing this I found flushing to be a waste of my time more then anything else.

Thats good to know.. So you dont always have your plants fading yellow when you harvest magash?  Because mine have never been except once in a one gallon.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #676239 - 06/26/13 01:54 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

If you aren't really depriving them of nitrogen during the flowering cycle, they may never do taht for you.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#676244 - 06/26/13 02:01 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I see, I see...

Well I never skimp on nutrients, they never go deficient and being they start in fox farm im sure that the nitrogen is still there somewhat.

Actually, I always transplant to fresh fox farm before flower and then water it down for the first 2 - 2 1/2 weeks of flower.  Then I finally give flower nutes... SO maybe the nitrogen left over in the soil combined with my advanced nutrients, it never flushes out?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #676249 - 06/26/13 02:50 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I like to keep the leaves healthy during flowering myself. Healthy leaves means bigger buds and that's a fact simple as that.

If you needed more performance out of your house you wouldn't go out and rip off the solar panels and that is exactly what leaves are.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#676270 - 06/26/13 05:58 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I thought the idea was to get out all the synthetic nutrients so you're not smoking them. Do you grow organic?  Idk if Advanced Nutrients is even close to organic.

I prefer to keep them healthy as possible as well

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #676280 - 06/26/13 07:06 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

an Organic nutrient is one that is not readily available to the plant, it has to break down in order to get into the plant. Synthetic/salt/inorganic nutrients are readily available, basically + and - ions of different elements. AN makes an organic line: Iguana. 

learning right when to stop feeding your plants is an art. too early and the buds might not develop to their full potential, too late and your smoking the stuff or waiting for the plant to finish. I'm in coco so flushing really flushes it out, but soil is difficult because its made of many different things that all hold on to nutrients in different ways, but also the soil is an organic medium, so the plants still have access to what is able to break down.

as long as you dont feed synthetics heavily you should be fine timing out the water-only period.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #676281 - 06/26/13 07:09 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

No I don't believe all the organic bullshit hype. I know for a fact that nobody on the planet can tell the difference when smoked. Seen it with my own eyes way to many times and I ran a test at several of the clubs in the bay area and up north.

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/262584#262584

There is nothing wrong with flushing it's just a personal preference thing. I'm fine with giving water the last few weeks

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#676313 - 06/26/13 10:21 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Both those posts were really interesting.

I have a cherry pie that's ready for harvest, it's had plain water for 3 weeks now and there is zero fading. I'm just gonna harvest it then my LA con and I'm done.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds