Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAcotas
Magnar of Thenn

250w MH/HPS 2x Widow Bomb 1x Lemon Kush Organic Soil Grow
    #670771 - 05/14/13 08:42 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Hey y'all this is my first grow attempt. I've been dealing with outdoor vegetables for some time now, and decided it was high time to grow my favorite plant :P.

What I have is 2 Feminized Widow Bomb from Bomb Seeds seedbank and 1 Feminized Lemon Kush that came as a freebie. Just started these babes a couple days ago, anyway, here's a rundown of my setup and my progress so far.

I'm using a 50% Cocoa Fiber, 50% Roots Organic Greenfields mix for the medium. Potted the seedlings in little plastic cups. I'll be adding Earth Juice Rainbow Mix's "Grow" when I send them over to their 2 gallon pots. If only 1 turns out surviving I'll be transplanting again to a 5 gallon bucket. But, let's just bank on that not happenin :P

At the moment the grow chamber is the bottom half of my closet, it has white walls, which are reflective enough for now. But I'm planning on using a tarp, some cellophane, and some foil to create a decently reflective chamber, or a setup with Mylar, if I can get my hands on some. Not really sure what I'm going to use for ventilation, most likely just a couple of 6" clip-on fans. Currently just been keeping windows open and fans on in the room with the closet door open, that seems to keep air movement and temperature at a decent level. Haven't quite figured out what my time is going to be for the light, I think I'm going to do an 8.5/15.5 cycle, as that's the only thing I can manage other than a 24 hour light. At the moment, I'm using a 250watt MH for vegetation, will be switching to HPS for flowering. Only planning on flowering one of the Widow and one of the Lemon, I'm trying to pickup a second 250w ballast before I switch over to keep one of these under 8.5/15.5 MH for clones.

Anyways, I papertoweled them for about a day and a half to get them germinated. Buried them about 1/2 once the taproots started pokin through a decent bit. And now they've been sitting under the light for about 2 days. The largest of the three started pokin out of the soil last night, and was up to about 2cm high last I checked. The one thing I did notice about these plants compared to anything I've grown in the past, or even most other cannabis sproutlings that I've seen, is that these jawns are an almost fluorescent light green. But maybe it's normal. Anyways, I'll have more updates and pictures when there's something worth updating. Until then, I am very new to this, and any tips or criticism would be great.
Later
-Acotas :jah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAcotas
Magnar of Thenn

Re: 250w MH/HPS 2x Widow Bomb 1x Lemon Kush Organic Soil Grow [Re: Acotas]
    #671294 - 05/17/13 11:16 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Walls and floor have been covered in reflective Mylar (I love going to my folks' place. Basement is full of magical shit), and a nice pretty high powered 15cm fan (has been keeping the previously 28-ish*C grow-space to a decent 23*C or so. I've been told that 5* can make a decent change to anything more acclimated to NL outdoor season.. Maybe someone more experienced can bunk/debunk dat shit.

Anyways, I got a pretty sweet fuckin' fan, reflective Mylar walls, an air purifier, and I'll be pickin' up the carbon filter relatively soon. I'll bring some pictures on in soon. Whenever I bring that camera in from the motor *sigh*.
I'm stoked. Cheers y'all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies