Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
For those of you who need an input air filter.
    #663279 - 03/23/13 03:57 AM (11 years, 8 days ago)

This is the style I'm rocking. This is my second version and made much nicer. The design speaks for itself, if you have any questions let me know. I need a filter for the summer when the bugs are out in the masses. the expensive filter says it lasts up to 90 days, which is about perfect. but if protected with the pre filters it should last longer. I need to get a Y to blow into both tents.

20"x20" furnace filters: 1 highest quality($17), 1 medium-high quality($9), 4 pre-filters ($3 for a 4pk), avoiding the scented febreez filter...
A box to house the filters, Fan boxes work great, otherwise maybe fashion one out of cardboard/wood glue.
gorilla tape ($9 but I have most of it left over)
foam insulation tape ($2 for two 9' rolls, clearance, normaly $3.50 each)
packing tape (to save on gorilla tape where not needed)
Vent opening--the largest I could find at home depot for a reasonable price, less than $7 for a 12"x4" to 6"
Wood glue, $2

for the front of the 20x20" filters I cut a 16"x16"

The box was about 4" too tall, so I had to shorten it and secured the bottom with wood glue.

Using foam around the first and last filters.

Velcro for easy checking and replacing.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: For those of you who need an input air filter. [Re: phychotron]
    #663354 - 03/24/13 12:40 AM (11 years, 8 days ago)

I like your work I really do but I didn't use that kind of air filtration when I was growing shrooms and I grew 5-lbs of those a month for a while. Myself I'd use 1 of those filters and keep the airflow that the others are holding back.

Just so you know the most common way for pests, molds, fungi to enter the garden is on you.

Then again better safe then sorry and that box will keep you safe. Good work. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: For those of you who need an input air filter. [Re: Magash]
    #663376 - 03/24/13 10:29 AM (11 years, 7 days ago)

I live on the edge of a wheat field, they come in from all angles. The tent slows them down, but when I have the input fan going without a filter I hear the occasional chunk fly through the venting and into the garden. 

Those green are practically nothing, just dust/hair collectors, and the combination of them all leads to little resistance. The Arm&Hammer is to protect the $17 filter and still lets the air flow.  the 8" 750 CFM fan never gets cranked to full blast. You've obviously never used these filters if you think resistance would be a problem. Maybe if I had a small fan I'd be concerned.

I actually don't do anything hardly for my plants other than give them some more automation equipment and refill the res tank, I'm on the lazy man plan.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: For those of you who need an input air filter. [Re: phychotron]
    #663427 - 03/24/13 08:03 PM (11 years, 7 days ago)

Yup when it comes to filters for growing I know jack shit. I don't grow or set up where I need em. 8 gardens and no filters in any of em and haven't had a problem in 28 years under the lights. Only use air for the plants and don't need to worry about dust or crap like that. The lights are water cooled.

Quote:

I actually don't do anything hardly for my plants other than give them some more automation equipment and refill the res tank, I'm on the lazy man plan.

Yeah I hear that. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: For those of you who need an input air filter. [Re: Magash]
    #663713 - 03/26/13 10:09 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Yup when it comes to filters for growing I know jack shit. I don't grow or set up where I need em. 8 gardens and no filters in any of em and haven't had a problem in 28 years under the lights. Only use air for the plants and don't need to worry about dust or crap like that. The lights are water cooled.

Quote:

Yeah I hear that. :happyweed:

Me too.
:rofl:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom