Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemaggotz

Firecrackers
    #662 - 04/20/08 07:43 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

kidbotany:
Quote:

first of all, bake your pot on a sheet of tin foil at 250-260deg until when you pinch a nug it breaks apart into dust (usualy 10-15 mins for somewhat fresh stuff)

this is the process of converting 80-90% of whatever inactive alkaloids are left into thc and thcv
sometimes it can double or even triple the potency of your bud if you try smoking it after this process... it will bake out most of the smell and flavor though, so if your picky about that and dont care more for the medical sedation, then maybe its not for you. i can make an ounce last much longer this way though.

now on to the firecrackers:

this is how i make em and they are DANK

Get
Box of graham crackers
A jar of high-fat creamy peanut butter
Chocolate chips
Toothpick

break the cracker in half so u have two equaly sized squares, and swab em both with peanut butter so theres at least 1/2cm to a full cm of peanut swabbed on one side of each cracker. You should be able to just pinch and roll a nug in your finger and have it turn into coffee-grinder style dust if you used the above method of increasing potency. Sprinkle 0.25 on each cracker half and use the toothpick to mix it in with the peanut butter... Add as many chocolate chips to one side as u think u will enjoy, and press em together, wrap em tightly in tin foil, and bake on the top or top middle rack at 320deg for 20 minutes.

one shouldnt worry about the peanut butter being runny once it heats, and the tinfoil makes sure theres no mess and that it doesnt burn the outside but lets it heat to the right temperatures. when the peanut butter gets hot it will turn solid like clay, it doesnt get runny.

Graham crackers are best for this cause they add to the flavor, i used to just add saltines and it wasnt that good. now i add graham crackers and a few chocolate chips, the thc and peanut oil usualy get soaked into the cracker, making the whole thing one solid biscuit of yum.

anyways, make a few of these and use that preparation i first spoke of, it will make a whole world of difference to your potency both edible and smoked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Firecrackers [Re: maggotz]
    #803 - 04/20/08 11:29 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

This sounds quite a lot like my Peanut Butter Poppers, except with the addition of chocolate chips (which does sound delicious).

Are you sure the first step is necessary? Heating the herb by itself to dry it out? While it makes sense that it could cause a chemical change to the herb, not having it coated in a fat would worry me that you are actually losing some potentcy through the process of vaporization/sublimation. Afterall, you'll be fully baking the material once it's all put together anyway, and that should be enough to "treat" the marijuana for effective oral consumption. The only benefit to the pre-heat of the herb as I see it, is for ease of breakage/crumbling, but with the potential for loss of potentcy, I just can't believe it's a fair tradeoff.

Of course, I could be wrong, perhaps the low temperature on the first bake wouldn't cause much vaporization of the actives?

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlineerb
 User Gallery

Re: Firecrackers [Re: geokills]
    #832 - 04/20/08 11:39 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Nice recipe, Thanks!

InvisibleSativus
Brosef Knecht
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Firecrackers [Re: erb]
    #868 - 04/20/08 11:51 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Are you sure the first step is necessary? Heating the herb by itself to dry it out? While it makes sense that it could cause a chemical change to the herb, not having it coated in a fat would worry me that you are actually losing some potentcy through the process of vaporization/sublimation. Afterall, you'll be fully baking the material once it's all put together anyway, and that should be enough to "treat" the marijuana for effective oral consumption. The only benefit to the pre-heat of the herb as I see it, is for ease of breakage/crumbling, but with the potential for loss of potentcy, I just can't believe it's a fair tradeoff.

It's probably not totally necessary, but I do it when I make edibles. What it accomplishes is turning THCA (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) into THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol); heat encourages this, and removing any water from the plant encourages the equilibrium towards THC (via the law of mass action).

I'm sure it's not absolutely necessary to have this as a seperate step, since the conversion will probably occur in the heated peanut butter. I just do it to make sure I'm getting the most out of my herb. I don't think you have to worry about loss of potency though; if you toast some weed (like in the first step above), then smoke it, it actually gets you more stoned than smoking it as-is... much to my surprise.

--------------------
Bufotenin
PiHKAL|TiHKAL|PCPiHKAL
Rhodium|Wetdreams|Synthetikal
DMT Extraction Overview|Jungle Spice
I Discovered the Oakridge Strain

Invisiblepsykotropia
Mr.
Male

Re: Firecrackers [Re: Sativus]
    #2206 - 04/20/08 04:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

what about wrapping the firecrackers individually in foil?

the last time I made firecrackers, I put them into one batch and wrapped them... and they didnt do shit. I caught a very small buzz, but not really even noticeable.

Ive heard many times that you should wrap them individually.

--------------------
C:\DOS
C:\DOS RUN
RUN DOS RUN

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Invisiblemaggotz

#2559 - 04/20/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
This sounds quite a lot like my Peanut Butter Poppers, except with the addition of chocolate chips (which does sound delicious).

Are you sure the first step is necessary?  Heating the herb by itself to dry it out?  While it makes sense that it could cause a chemical change to the herb, not having it coated in a fat would worry me that you are actually losing some potentcy through the process of vaporization/sublimation.  Afterall, you'll be fully baking the material once it's all put together anyway, and that should be enough to "treat" the marijuana for effective oral consumption.  The only benefit to the pre-heat of the herb as I see it, is for ease of breakage/crumbling, but with the potential for loss of potentcy, I just can't believe it's a fair tradeoff.

Of course, I could be wrong, perhaps the low temperature on the first bake wouldn't cause much vaporization of the actives?

actually i don't think it's necessary. i don't do it myself but i hear it changes inactive chemicals into active ones. the process is called decarboxylation (i think) and i've heard a lot of people say it works. but like i said, i usually skip that step. :shrug:

you'd have to ask the original writer of the recipe or someone more knowledgeable in chemistry.

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #2710 - 04/20/08 06:07 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Sativus said:

I don't think you have to worry about loss of potency though; if you toast some weed (like in the first step above), then smoke it, it actually gets you more stoned than smoking it as-is... much to my surprise.

I think this statement is misleading. Toasting occurs at high temperature (heating element is on full bore). Therefore toasting can cause the material to get as hot as 500°F give or take, depending on how long you toast for, and the temperature capability of your toaster/oven.

The reason why I have a hard time swallowing this, is that most of the marijuana I consume is vaporized. The vaporizer brings the marijuana to a temperature between 300 - 450°F, and I know from experience that smoking herb after its gone through my vaporizer produces very little effect (not to mention it tastes disgusting).

So if I'm heating my marijuana in a vaporizer to 300 - 450°F and it is ineffective for further use, I just can't understand how baking/toasting it to similar temperatures is going to make it more effective? Note: I understand that the temperature listed in the original post is in the 200°F range, but I'm still skeptical!

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

InvisibleSativus
Brosef Knecht
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2877 - 04/20/08 06:46 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I imagine you might lose some low-boiling cannabinoid fraction, but every strain I've tried this with, the toasted product is more potent.  I only toast at 175°F for 10 minutes. :shrug:

--------------------
Bufotenin
PiHKAL|TiHKAL|PCPiHKAL
Rhodium|Wetdreams|Synthetikal
DMT Extraction Overview|Jungle Spice
I Discovered the Oakridge Strain

OfflineEnd Game
Shroomerite
Male

#2951 - 04/20/08 06:54 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

While this is by far not proof of theory, every bit of weed I have ever toasted like sativus has ended up being far more potent than the same weed untoasted.

OfflineMayorMcCheese
Re: Firecrackers [Re: End Game]
    #2967 - 04/20/08 06:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I've even used waffles and bread instead of crackers.

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Firecrackers [Re: MayorMcCheese]
    #3071 - 04/20/08 07:27 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

mine are in the oven now!

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleLucky7s
Captain

*DELETED* [Re: MayorMcCheese]
    #3446 - 04/20/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

*DELETED*

Edited by Lucky7s (08/18/09 06:58 AM)

OfflineW i n d
Fotograffer
Male

Re: Firecrackers [Re: Lucky7s]
    #4238 - 04/20/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I get high enough mine already without toasting them.  :discodance:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder