Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Montana marijuana advocates look to Colorado, Washington,
    #645633 - 11/12/12 04:24 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hell yea. If we keep moving in this direction weed will be legal in no time.

Quote:

By MATT VOLZ Associated Press Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:30 pm

HELENA – Medical marijuana advocates are looking for a silver lining after being rebuffed by Montana voters, and they think they may have found it over Colorado and Washington.

Rejected at the ballot box in an attempt to overturn a state law that restricts the use and distribution of medical marijuana, Montana organizers are looking to those two states as templates for passing even broader initiatives that would legalize recreational use of the drug.

“In a libertarian state like Montana, we think we have a good shot at being one of the early states in ending the nightmare,” said Bob Brigham, the campaign manager for the effort to repeal restrictions on medical marijuana. “The prohibition on marijuana has become indefensible. We’re wasting millions of dollars and it’s a giant waste of time for everybody.”

Colorado and Washington voters on Tuesday passed separate initiatives that remove criminal penalties for adults over 21 with small amounts of the drug. The states plan to tax pot sales, but it would depend on federal authorities who classify marijuana as a Schedule I drug.

Brigham said Montana advocates are studying the paths those two states took toward legalization and are also considering re-filing a proposed constitutional initiative that missed the filing deadline for signatures for this election.

Placing a constitutional question on the 2014 ballot would require more signatures than a ballot question like those approved by Washington and Colorado voters, but writing marijuana legalization into the Montana Constitution would prevent the Legislature from nullifying it later, Brigham said.

“Although we’ve had medical marijuana as long as they have, they’ve never had to worry about the Legislature overturning the will of the voters,” he said. “I think without a constitutional amendment to end prohibition, medical marijuana patients will always be at risk.”

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Re: Montana marijuana advocates look to Colorado, Washington, [Re: mhbound]
    #645792 - 11/13/12 07:11 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

WE NEED TO KEEP THE TOPIC GOING. DONT LET IT DIE DOWN. if it dies down and main street media does not cover it no more it will be pushed under the rug for another 10 years

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Montana marijuana advocates look to Colorado, Washington, [Re: GBurger717]
    #645874 - 11/14/12 10:58 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I agree. I think we have made a loud enough voice to where it won't die down easily.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds