Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBeta Squirrel
Stranger

NO MORE FUCKING SPIDER MITES... a how to guide ;) * 1
    #637514 - 09/16/12 06:27 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

growing indoors? are you a noob? got spider mites? feeling overwhelmed?

been there homie...

but ive finally eradicated my spider mites and im gonna share the answer with my fellow noobies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...im not an expert (yet) but here's what worked for me and it will work for you too :thumbup:

the answer is not a magic potion or a particular regimen of pesticide/organicide. These treatments only come into play AFTER you've lost the REAL battle. once you have a spider mite infestation-they're not going anywhere. you're stuck with the little bastards.

The REAL answer is-TO NOT TO GET MITES IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

heres how...

1. get organized!!!
2. read growery forums/google to find their weakness
3. develop a strategy and (this is the hard part)
4. STICK TO IT!!!

though it seems like it at times...mites DO NOT APPEAR SPONTANEOUSLY!!!
we INTRODUCE them. the mites that are threatening your crop and costing you oz's/lbs were put there by YOU!!!:slowreaction:

segregation is your number one defense!!!

what does this really mean?

make a 5 gallon bucket of bleach/water solution and clean everything! wipe or submerge your stuff in a 5 gallon bucket. this includes things like-bottles of nutes-your scope-bulbs-cool tubes-fans-extension cords-ppm tester. EVEN THE PLANTS THEMSELVES!!!

submerging or dipping is better than wiping.

i made a couple cardboard disks that fit my containers and have a 1 inch hole in the center. then i cut the disk down one side. i put the disk over the soil so the plant sticks out the top through the hole. this allows me to submerge the plants without any loose soil falling out or making a mess. do this to ALL your new clones especially!!! don't forget to wipe down your containers very thoroughly!!!

once all your equipment and plants are clean spray down your room or better yet take your tent apart and dip it-frame tubes and all.

now that everything is clean ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS MAINTAIN IT!!! i like to think of it as one of those computer chip rooms where everyone is wearing a mask and the doors hiss when you go through them because the environment is hermetically sealed :smile:

if you go to your buddies house to check out their new crop-take a shower and change clothes BEFORE you even set foot near YOUR plants. every time. if you harvest some vegetables from your garden-take a shower and change your clothes. every time. if you go hiking in the woods or go for a run in the city park full of rose gardens etc-take a shower and change your clothes. EVERY TIME!!!

everyday pull out (randomly) 3 of your plants. put the scope on them. look for white dots on the top of leaves and eggs underneath. hopefully you'll find nothing but a mite graveyard. this way you'll find any unwanted pests BEFORE they start reproducing and you can control them with just about ANY mitespray. use a pressurized garden sprayer and put the plant above your head so you spray UP onto the bottoms of the leaves. i do this by putting the plant on a tall stool and sitting on the ground.

ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT YOUR CROP. if you follow these steps you probably wont get any mites and if you do they will be easily controlled.

good luck kids :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder