Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepuffpuff23
hail weed smoke satan
Suggestions for a first time grower?
    #637237 - 09/12/12 08:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So I'm looking to grow for the first time in my life, I'm looking for a good autoflower strain with decent yields and high potency so I chose Northern Lights auto, is this a good strain? I'm looking for a shorter autoflower as well. What are some good cheap beginner lights? Would Miracle grow soil work? What's a good general idea for a stealth grow closet? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a noob and I figure you guys are the best.

I was thinking about buying this: http://www.stealthyhydro.com/shop/article_3soil/Lowryder-Soil-Version-Grow-Cabinet.html?shop_param=cid%3D2%26aid%3D3soil%26

But I realized I could get a lot cheaper things, and I figured you guys would know where to go. Sorry for all the questions if it bothers you though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Suggestions for a first time grower? [Re: puffpuff23]
    #637256 - 09/13/12 02:38 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well I'll answer some of this. 

No auto strain can obtain a decent yield in my opinion, unless you do a sea of green style grow.

Miracle grow soil sucks ass, go with Fox Farms Ocean Forest, or Happy Frog.

You need to divulge what you want in a light for me to answer that question.  There are a lot of lights on the market.  Do you want HID, LED, CFL?

Stealth grow closet?  Like a tent?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePeyote Insence
Entrepreneur
Male

Loc: Canada
    #637909 - 09/20/12 11:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

In my opinion Northern Lights sucks as far as potency but it is nice and easy to grow. I agree with getting fox farms soils, i like to mix happy frog with ocean forest. For lights maybe check out ebay? Just get a cheap 400watt MH/HPS setup

--------------------
"You have power and money, but you are mortal, you know you can not escape death, but immortality can be obtained, the legend is always the same, if others have succeeded conquering death why must we accept it, I know where immortals live and how to obtain their secret, we too might become wisemen. The elements of chemistry are many, but finite, so are the techniques of enlightenment"...

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

#639973 - 10/11/12 11:32 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'd suggest building an own closet. It's depending on your situation and expectations though.
Clearly the size can be advantage and disadvantage at once, the difference is how you see it.

For lightning something as small as this, CFLs, T5 or T8 tubes are the way you should go, everything else would just produce waaay too much heat.
Also that PC thing doesn't need any more then 100W worth of CFL. But I read from the vendor text that CFL bulbs are included?

If so you should ask people who did it for their experiences to see if it is very loud or heats up very much and what not.

You can surely put one auto in there, maybe two, depending on how you train them.

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom