Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Advanced nutrient feeding schedual help....
    #635742 - 08/28/12 10:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I am in the process of my 4th grow with dwc buckets.  I have been using advanced nutrients 2 part grow and bloom for the past 3 grows.  I picked up some big bud and bud candy because I heard good things.  Now there was no instructions on the bottles.  So after searching I came across the
"PH PERFECT NUTRIENT CALCULATOR"

On there feeding schedule they have a bunch of stuff I don't have.  After doing some further reading I think I am still suppose to follow the schedule but just don't add the stuff I don't have. 

Is this correct?

Also after looking at the chart the ppm's look SUPER high compared to what I have been doing.  They got there ppm at 1040 in veg starting week 1!  I usually get mine to about 500 - 550 by the end of veg in the fear of burning them.  I was told its easier to fix an underfed plant than a burned one.

Also in flower they get there ppm's between 900-1080.  I have never gone above 700.  Now I would assume my ppm's will be lower than the "target ppm" on the chart because I don't have some of the stuff on the chart. 

SO would just leave it at a lower ppm?

from what I read people say every strain is different. 

So how can they have a chart with exact amounts to add?

Anyone out there do DWC with advanced 2 part with big bud and bud candy?

I'm growing kens GDP under a 400w HPS with 5 gal buckets that have about 4 - 4.5 gals of water in them.

Any help on this would be great!

:cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced nutrient feeding schedual help.... [Re: phrostbyte]
    #635752 - 08/29/12 01:44 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well all that link went to was a list of AN products.

As far as the PPM goes, When you add a carbo/load type of product it's going to throw the PPM way higher than you're used to seeing.  I would still start off lower than the recommended and work you're way up with each consecutive grow.  Keep a detailed log of what you use each week.  Then use that on each consecutive grow to reach the point just before you get them to the burning stage. 

I've done quite a bit of rDWC.  But not with AN line.  I feel they're over priced, but I haven't looked at it lately, maybe the price came down a bit since I last looked into em.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced nutrient feeding schedual help.... [Re: phrostbyte]
    #635762 - 08/29/12 04:05 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

AN is too complicated with their 20 products you need to use. I just switched it up to Canna(5 products = full line) and I'm liking it so far. Not only is it simpler to mix up, its cheaper too. Haven't cropped with it yet, but the plants are looking superb. I think AN additives have to be used in the entire bundle, for each successive level of grower, for the pH perfect to operate. Either the ph, or the risk free guarantee, cant remember.

For AN bare minimum I would recommend using Big Bud and Overdrive. Possibly with Bud Candy thrown in there. I always burn my plants when switching to Overdrive, so I use that as a good time to flush the plant or just use Overdrive for a few days before adding the base nutrients. Not sure how DWC would react, but be cautious around that time. Overdrive for the last two weeks before flush, and Big Bud from week 2 - Overdrive. And get some Bud Igniter, that stuff can do wonders on some plants (a bit pricey though.)

All AN products should be the same. Base: 1-4 ml/l. Additives: 1-2 ml/l (half of base). Sorry I can't help with the DWC, that's something you'll need to get in your own groove of. Take lots of notes, watch the plants reaction, adjust accordingly. You can email AN and they'll be able to help you out with this better than anyone here probably can. Their ppm and recommended usage via their calculator is bullshit, just use the schedule for when to use the additives.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineknowboddy
Stranger

Re: Advanced nutrient feeding schedual help.... [Re: phychotron]
    #638598 - 09/27/12 12:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Here's actual answers to your questions:

Quote:

phrostbyte said:
I am in the process of my 4th grow with dwc buckets.  I have been using advanced nutrients 2 part grow and bloom for the past 3 grows.  I picked up some big bud and bud candy because I heard good things.  Now there was no instructions on the bottles.  So after searching I came across the
"PH PERFECT NUTRIENT CALCULATOR"

On there feeding schedule they have a bunch of stuff I don't have.  After doing some further reading I think I am still suppose to follow the schedule but just don't add the stuff I don't have. 

Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct. You only use the lines that correspond to the bottles you have.

It is also very important to know whether you're using the pH Perfect nutrients or not. The new Sensi 2-part (pH Perfect) says pH Perfect on the label, and it has a picture of a woman on it where the old formula doesn't have a picture.

If you're using the pH Perfect they recommend using the Hobbyist Bundle as well (Big Bud, Voodoo Juice, Overdrive, and B-52). It helps enhance the stabilizing effect of the base nutrients, apparently.

Not necessary though - don't let people convince you that you need everything they sell. That's just what the shop guys want, not what you need.

Quote:

phrostbyte said:
Also after looking at the chart the ppm's look SUPER high compared to what I have been doing.  They got there ppm at 1040 in veg starting week 1!  I usually get mine to about 500 - 550 by the end of veg in the fear of burning them.  I was told its easier to fix an underfed plant than a burned one.

Also in flower they get there ppm's between 900-1080.  I have never gone above 700.  Now I would assume my ppm's will be lower than the "target ppm" on the chart because I don't have some of the stuff on the chart. 

SO would just leave it at a lower ppm?

I would. You can try dialing it up stronger if you want to, but keep the changes small. Easier to fix that way.

Quote:

phrostbyte said:
from what I read people say every strain is different. 

So how can they have a chart with exact amounts to add?

They have to print SOMETHING. The industry practice is to print kind of a "best case scenario" feeding chart. If you're growing under 1k HPS, with CO2 augmentation, the whole nine yards, then yeah you're gonna be feeding them at the chart numbers. Maybe even higher.

Most of us learn to cut the numbers down and run a lot lighter.

Allegedly you can run the pH Perfect nutes at full strength and it doesn't matter. I haven't tried it so I can't say for sure. The bottles last longer at lower dosages and my plants are freakin awesome so I'm not motivated to mess with how I'm doing it.

Quote:

phrostbyte said:
I'm growing kens GDP under a 400w HPS with 5 gal buckets that have about 4 - 4.5 gals of water in them.

That's part of the reason you're at lower ppms. A plant's metabolic rate is closely tied to how much light it gets. More light, more energy, faster metabolism, needs to eat more food to fuel the machine. If you were using a 1000w HPS your plants would need a lot more food.

You'd also have a lot more heat to get rid of and use more electricity. Yin, yang.

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Well all that link went to was a list of AN products.

No it doesn't.

Quote:

phychotron said:
AN is too complicated with their 20 products you need to use.

You don't NEED to use all their products, and even if you use the entire Grandmaster line up it's 16 additives plus base nutes. I've grown decent plants on their Sensi 2-part alone.

Every single time I've had someone try to sell me more bottles it was a shop guy, not an AN guy. Most of the time they don't even know how AN really works in the first place.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced nutrient feeding schedual help.... [Re: knowboddy]
    #638608 - 09/27/12 07:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

That's what it takes me to buddy boy.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Advanced nutrient feeding schedual help.... [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #638635 - 09/27/12 10:33 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the reply knowboddy.  :thumbup: its good to be re assured :grin:

:cheers:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck