Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDebute23

Micro Grow Logs?
    #631328 - 07/10/12 11:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Does anyone have any great links to showing logs of micro grows? I'm really interested in this versus the whole HPS lights and sea of green type dealio.

Thanks in advanced!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
Re: Micro Grow Logs? [Re: Debute23]
    #631338 - 07/11/12 02:26 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What is a micro grow ?

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

InvisibleDebute23

Re: Micro Grow Logs? [Re: Maestro]
    #631340 - 07/11/12 07:14 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Maestro said:
What is a micro grow ?

It's where you grow 1 seed in something like a 1 liter bottle and just have enough to harvest 1 cola. There's a ton of grow logs on the net, but I need help finding an actual decent one to follow.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631355 - 07/11/12 11:31 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well why do you need one to follow.  Just throw a seed in a grow.....learn from the experience.  A "micro grow log" and a regular one are going to give you the same benefits.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
    #631356 - 07/11/12 11:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Debute23 said:
Quote:

Maestro said:
What is a micro grow ?

It's where you grow 1 seed in something like a 1 liter bottle and just have enough to harvest 1 cola. There's a ton of grow logs on the net, but I need help finding an actual decent one to follow.

You can get hps in low wattage too btw. Home depot has (or had) 75watt hps security light for 25 (ballast+bulb).

But like hawk said, you learn as much (or probably more) from bigger grows as from small ones.

Why are you interested in a small grow? Stealth or $?

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

InvisibleDebute23

Re: Micro Grow Logs? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #631357 - 07/11/12 11:52 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Well why do you need one to follow.  Just throw a seed in a grow.....learn from the experience.  A "micro grow log" and a regular one are going to give you the same benefits.

I love asking for help then someone says "why do you need help?"

Maestro - I want a miniature plant, I guess more due to stealth. I live closer to DC, and I'm really paranoid about drones and heat seeking helicopters around here. Plus there are so many damn people, it just needs to be this way.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631359 - 07/11/12 12:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't ask why do you need help.  I asked why you need to "follow" a tek.  Big difference.

If you want them small just get an auto flower.

And oh yeah, FLIR can only be used on you with a warrant.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #631362 - 07/11/12 12:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

If you want them small just get an auto flower.

This or start 12/12 from seed.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleDebute23

Re: Micro Grow Logs? [Re: Stoneth]
    #631394 - 07/11/12 08:26 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, put a seed in a pot and water it whenever I want then make sure it get's 12 hours of light and dark. Got it, thanks guys.

:rolleyes:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631397 - 07/11/12 08:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Are you kidding me dude?  Have you done any research? 

Following a grow log wot help you out a ton.  You need to do some reading up on how to grow.  Buy a book etc.  You're not going to get what you need from a grow log considering how many variables there are when it comes to growing weed.

We help people who help themselves.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #631418 - 07/11/12 10:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

And oh yeah, FLIR can only be used on you with a warrant.

tooka a digital technology class, flir is deemed a search because it's not in wide spread use by the public. That can change in the future depending on applications the public finds for it. It also doesn't stop a rogue cop from fingering you out in his off time and finding some other B.S reason to approach you (ever have a cop follow you for miles waiting for you to not use your blinker or something dumb like that.) But if you trust the cops, no heart ache there.

But if they were to use it, I'd suspect they would keep with the larger busts than someone with one plant--it could be for reptiles or something like that.

You can grow bud in just about any size container, some grow in pc cases because of privacy concerns. If you dont have a bunch of nosey people over just get small tent or something in the corner/closet. look at the short one's, they are able to go just about any place.

not sure what your talking about... here:
Quote:

I'm really interested in this versus the whole HPS lights and sea of green type dealio.

Unless your talking about how people will use CFL in those micro grows, i would advise against that route. T5 works good for veg and as booster light in flower--but your gonna need a 'real' flower light if you want better buds.

you might consider sea of green growing style when height is a major concern. Take one mother plant, cut a bunch of clones off it, and right when those are starting to grow you throw them into flower and they grow one cola.
Plant numbers might be a concern if your local laws suck. With this you can get a perpetual thing going, harvesting X plants a week. and taking that many clones to replace them. Say you had room for 8 plants, you could harvest one a week or so, and have them all roughly a week apart.

I started out growing with LED, I'm lovin it, but everyone here seems to think it's [WAY WAY WAY :wink:] too expensive to be worth it at the time. Look at the thread entitled upgrade for all the drama. Much controversy over the technology right now.

If you've been buying bud all these years, the first harvest will usually cover more than the cost of the LED light, then your done with anything light related for a few years, or until you upgrade. The one I would recommend is shown in this grow log @ 420magazine vs a 250w hps.

Genetics is key, start with something that is good for your grow area. Start looking for strains.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Micro Grow Logs? [Re: phychotron]
    #631421 - 07/11/12 10:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Actually CFL's can grow pretty good bud.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #631423 - 07/11/12 11:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I thought they were nothing but a pain in the ass, too much crap to hook them all up. and pretty good or really good?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631425 - 07/11/12 11:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Fair at best.
IMO all floro's suck.
But if you have limited space and funds will do the trick.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #631429 - 07/11/12 11:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I like the t5 as a veg light, RIGHT above the plants and they do pretty good. Otherwise it's hard to veg a lot of plants under it.  My buddy was going with MH but I traded him a 4x8 before he could get his house rewired. Still kept it after the rewiring. He got a second one not too long ago.  As long as they are real close to the plants they can kick a lot of ass.

I think the bulbs are going to cost him more in the long run though. $100+ per swap every 6 months or so...  I got 8 tubes for $55 off ebay, but what a lot of people are doing is selling the fixture used for $50 less dollars. I'm assuming its to get the $5 off the bulbs with the new fixture, but not worth the work in my opinion.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631432 - 07/11/12 11:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've seen it done and "pretty good" pot was the result.  I would get a 150 HPS personally, but some people will just have an aversion to it and insist on CFL for some reason.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #631435 - 07/11/12 11:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've noticed there's a fear factor associated with HID.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631441 - 07/12/12 12:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

People think it takes a lot of energy to run.  But it really doesn't

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #631442 - 07/12/12 12:29 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
People think it takes a lot of energy to run.  But it really doesn't

People also think floro's run cooler, but they don't.

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #631445 - 07/12/12 12:50 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I cut my teeth on helping my friend's dad with his garage medical grow, and he was SOOOO very insistent that his 14-18 CFL bulbs were better than using even a very small HID from Lowe's.

He also insisted that his miracle grow potting soil was just fine for his plants, and buying other brands would be too conspicuous. lmao!

We tried and tried to help him improve, but he STILL gets mediocre yield with mediocre quality, just as he was getting when we left. lol. At least he gets enough to satisfy his medical needs. haha.

--------------------
My best run so far

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck