Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

are these pollen sacks? also, whats with these dead/dying red pistils?
    #629460 - 06/26/12 11:32 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well shit, i think my plant is a hermaphrodite. i dont know what else these would be. i tried to get a good picture but it was hard. it looks like ive got pollen sacks on part of my plant..

some of the pistils are dying or something. not on all the buds, but on the ones near the "pollen sacks." so it looks like i might get some seeds...

im not too thrilled about this. this is "the doctor" from green house seed company. this is their re-release of the strain. there were problems with the genetics in the past, they had problems with some plants not flowering. i got this seed in march with an order i had made, so this is supposed to be the NEW version...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: are these pollen sacks? also, whats with these dead/dying red pistils? [Re: Pilze]
    #629471 - 06/26/12 02:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well it sure kinda looks like it.  Where ya get the genetics.

Looks like over fert on those pistils.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: are these pollen sacks? also, whats with these dead/dying red pistils? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #629480 - 06/26/12 03:20 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

green house seed company. it was a freebie when i ordered in march. supposed to be the re-release. the first time they released the doctor, some of their female plants never flowered. so they had to go back and fix the genetics. im guessing it didnt get completely fixed...

not all the pistils are doing that, thank god. so i think im ok. i got my own RO machine the other day, so my water source changed. i noticed that plant ate a BUNCH of nutrients yesterday. about 300ppm. topped it off and added a little more.

idk, at this point im just pissed off and dont care what happens. im justr going to grow them out, hope the kush doesnt get knocked up, and then make hash oil from the shitty, seedy buds. we'll see what those seeds do.. i dont have much expectation with them.

Offlineviper33802

Re: are these pollen sacks? also, whats with these dead/dying red pistils? [Re: Pilze]
    #629481 - 06/26/12 03:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

this is probably a really noob question but...

Is it worth trying to check the plant at least twice a day and remove the pollen sacks? Is there any chance of success? Or are you just fighting a loosing battle?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: are these pollen sacks? also, whats with these dead/dying red pistils? [Re: viper33802]
    #629482 - 06/26/12 04:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The kush will get knocked up.  There is no way it wont being next to a plant that's hermeing.  I would jut toss the plant.

No it's not worth it.  It will seed out.  I guarantee it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: are these pollen sacks? also, whats with these dead/dying red pistils? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #629490 - 06/26/12 05:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well fuck it. im growing them out. this fuckin sucks a big dick. ill just make hash oil or something.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #629494 - 06/26/12 05:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Man, I feel ya... I JUST pulled 4 girls out that all threw out nanners in the past week... I'm gonna make em intoBHO oil as soon as they're dried.

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: are these pollen sacks? also, whats with these dead/dying red pistils? [Re: Tank333]
    #629509 - 06/26/12 09:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I think what are generally called "nanners" are stress induced hermaphrodism, while a plant actually forming visible male flowers, like in the above pick, are true hermaphrodites.  The later, again, from my understanding, actually produce a shit ton of pollen, compared to the former.

So if you end up letting them flower, you're likely to get cross contamination for some time

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder