Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHerbisaplant
Stranger
Outdoor grow in pots (how to flower?)
    #626820 - 06/10/12 02:05 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have a couple of baby plants now I guess, just bigger than seedlings. I have seen people say I will veg for 30 days and then flower. As far as I know the seeds are not autoflowering ones.

I understand you shorten the day to get them to flower? and give a bit more potasium in any feed at the most basic level.

I have none of the special kit for this just compost, pots water and  organic fertilizer. It's for fun really as much as anything.

So can I just put a cardboard box or a cover on them at say 7pm an take it off when I get up in de morning seen ?

Also will 2 plants smell much outdoors?

thx and praises

--------------------
"I mean it's not sellings arms, arms.... or someting that he crave, ya check it in ya sense and you seh.... herb....... Herb is a plaaaant ?"

Bob Marley

Edited by Herbisaplant (06/10/12 02:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHerbisaplant
Stranger
Re: Outdoor grow in pots (how to flower?) [Re: Herbisaplant]
    #626823 - 06/10/12 02:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think I might have made a mistake by not getting an autoflowering variety, oh well live and learn I guess.

So how do I get them to flower ?

As I understand you reduce the length of the 'light day' How many dark hours would send the right chemical signals to the plant to start flowers.

Many thanks for help.

--------------------
"I mean it's not sellings arms, arms.... or someting that he crave, ya check it in ya sense and you seh.... herb....... Herb is a plaaaant ?"

Bob Marley

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #626824 - 06/10/12 03:00 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

12 hours of dark, and 12 hours of light is what you need.  Yes you can do something as simple as putting a box over your plants to achieve this, but you have to make sure that there is no light whatsoever getting in.

Also you are going to have to make sure that they are females.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #626833 - 06/10/12 08:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Let em grow until October and get a massive harvest :wink:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
Re: Outdoor grow in pots (how to flower?) [Re: RasJeph]
    #626857 - 06/10/12 11:11 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Let em grow until October and get a massive harvest :wink:

what i'd do also

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

OfflineHerbisaplant
Stranger
Re: Outdoor grow in pots (how to flower?) [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #627032 - 06/11/12 12:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks, growth is a bit on slow side cause i'm northern europe and weather is crap, no sun : (    at the mo. Thanks for tips, it's fun. I gave 1 plant some rganic food yesterday and the only thing that happenned is the leaves became slightly less green than the others, I can experiment a little and do only 1 thing to each plant and see if it helps or hinders. 1 set of single fan leafs and 2 sets of 3 blades leafs and the tiny tiny one coming out the middle, about 10cms high now.

I must try not to overwater as well, cause with no sun they take ages to dry out. I am pretty sure they are female cause the seeds were feminized Wappa's from Paradise Seeds. Smell pretty funky even now if you stick your nose on the leaf. here is infos

http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-strains/wappa.html

thx for tips as always.

OfflineHerbisaplant
Stranger
    #627857 - 06/15/12 09:02 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So the Organic feed did not do very much, there is probably enough food in the compost as it said there was for 5 weeks. Growth seems quite slow. I think I am going to leave them 1 week more then transplant them to a bigger pot, once they are happy in the new pot (give them 4 days I guess, I think I will try getting them flowering I anticipate they will be around 8 inches high by this point.

Does trying to get them to flower after a pot change sound sensible or should I put them in a larger pot now and then leave it a week-10 days.

Would changing the pot and then quickly trying for flowers be too stressful?

thx and praises

Edited by Herbisaplant (06/15/12 09:07 AM)

OfflineHerbisaplant
Stranger
    #628403 - 06/19/12 06:49 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ok I repotted yesterday and they look very healthy today despite me topping one of them and taking out some developing small 5 blades leaves, doh ! Oh well thats how it goes I guess.. I also saw an oddity on one small plant, like a burrowing bug miniscule carving a ring out within a leaf so I cut that bit off and it still seems to have been ok after that. I think this pot change was a good plan cause the roots were at the bottm on my little 6 inch by 4 inch pots. So far so good. tyring not over water but had to give a drink to bed in to the new post.

Any further tips ?

--------------------

Bob Marley

OfflineHerbisaplant
Stranger
    #628741 - 06/21/12 12:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I think interest in my small fry plans has waned due to my grow being not hi-tech enough. Sorry for that it really is plant seed in compost stick in sun and put water and a bit of fertilzer every week.

Surely it sould be good for a casual fun grow for people bnot serious about the scienece and technique.

Anyway all is ok thus far, I accidentally pulled half a leaf off one plant, I am hoping the saying "that which does not kill you makes you stronger applies'

This is not hardcore shit it's for fun so I can get mellow for cheap this winter : )

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #628752 - 06/21/12 02:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No pics wither.  If you have specific questions I'm more than happy to answer them for you man.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineHerbisaplant
Stranger
Re: Outdoor grow in pots (how to flower?) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #628977 - 06/22/12 02:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks, well so far I think I picked an easy strain, a few little issues but they still grow on so far. I will do a picture of them soon.
I put the little bit of leaf that I snapped off that dried yesterday in a drink : ) There was something in it thats for sure, my eyesight cleared up and everything got brighter and sharp.A bit different, clearer headed buzz than the brown herb with seeds in I usually eat.
thats a bit tiring almost. Ok will do a flash photo.

OfflineHerbisaplant
Stranger
    #628979 - 06/22/12 02:16 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Here's my little ladies, not bad for a know all, f*ck all, lol ones is handicapped with a topping that went wrong :

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #628982 - 06/22/12 02:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It's really not possible for a topping to go wrong.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineHerbisaplant
Stranger
    #628989 - 06/22/12 03:24 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Ok thanks, I just took a bit too much and a leaf came with it.

(But in the first pic you can see a baby leaf appearing from the intersection with the stem at the same junction with the bigger leaf so I guess it still sent the right signals)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds