Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

new to hydro (DWC) when to start adding nutes to seedling???
    #621620 - 05/06/12 10:44 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i have 2 seedlings; "the doctor" is 15 days old, "tnt kush" is 14 days old. this is the first time im experimenting with hydro, so naturally i have some questions. just one that i can think of at the moment.

a couple days ago, i put the tnt kush plant into the DWC with 2.5 gallons of water with half strength rapid start at pH ~6.0. it didn't have a BUNCH of roots, just a couple... but i decided to put it in anyway. after a couple days, its definitely doing well, and showing some growth.

as for "the doctor" im going to wait for another few days to get more roots showing before i transfer "the doctor" seedling into the DWC.

im wondering at what point should i start the nutrient feeding schedule?? it looks like the plants may want a little nitrogen. the green color is kind of faint in the doctor, the kush looks like it might want a little too, but im scared to give them anything until theyre bigger and in the DWC.

i plan on going with 1/4-1/2 strength of the GH feed chart.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: new to hydro (DWC) when to start adding nutes to seedling??? [Re: Pilze] * 2
    #621622 - 05/06/12 01:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You need to have nutrients in your hydro system from the start.  Do you have a PPM meter?  Hopefully you got one, or an EC meter.  If what you have is a PPM meter I would start with a strength of about 200 PPM.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: new to hydro (DWC) when to start adding nutes to seedling??? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #621625 - 05/06/12 01:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

no meter and i have no money for one lol. but i use either distilled or RO water. not having things i need definitely isnt my ideal way to grow, but i think ill be alright. when i get some extra money im gonna buy a good ppm meter and digital ph meter. im stuck with the general hydroponics drop test. used to have more equipment but someone decided to be a dick and steal it all...

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: new to hydro (DWC) when to start adding nutes to seedling??? [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 2
    #621626 - 05/06/12 01:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I never start any types of feed, until at least one set of true fan leaves are showing.
In most cases now days I wait until 21 to 28 days after the seed pops.

As Hawk stated start low around 200 to 350 ppms, then move up slowly watching for burns.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: new to hydro (DWC) when to start adding nutes to seedling??? [Re: Pilze] * 2
    #621629 - 05/06/12 02:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
no meter and i have no money for one lol. but i use either distilled or RO water. not having things i need definitely isnt my ideal way to grow, but i think ill be alright. when i get some extra money im gonna buy a good ppm meter and digital ph meter. im stuck with the general hydroponics drop test. used to have more equipment but someone decided to be a dick and steal it all...

Then I'd start with an 1/8th of the strength.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: new to hydro (DWC) when to start adding nutes to seedling??? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #621640 - 05/06/12 02:59 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

thanks man. that sounds good to me. better to be safe than sorry.

just got a few gallons of RO, so i think im going to just go ahead and get the doctor put in its DWC with 1/8 strength nutes to start out with. worst comes to worst, i kill it, and i open my box of seeds up and start over. so not too big of a deal. i have a good feeling about this though so im not too worried about it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder