Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehenik0
Stranger

RDWC plans
    #612314 - 03/11/12 12:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Starting my first indoor LEGAL medical grow (god it's nice to say that..). Anyways, the RDWC (recirculating deep water culture) method seems to the best best option based on the research I've done. Nothing too complicated about building or operating, but I just keep getting too much conflicting information on the feed/return logic.

It'll be 6 five gallon buckets with 6" net pots and a large Rubbermaid tub as a reservoir. One air pump with 7 or 8 lines, one for each bucket (attached to air-stones...) and 1 or 2 for the reservoir (attached to air-stones or air curtain..) 600W HPS lighting.

Assuming everything above doesn't look weird to the experienced hydroponic grower, there are inconsistencies I need a few minutes of advice on..

should the pump push water through a main line that feeds near the top of the buckets or should the pump be at the very end of the return line(s) "pulling" the water through the system? Each scenario presents new problems with hole placement in the buckets, fitting sizes and arrangements, and the size of pump I would need. I'd like the operation to be as simple as possible, less chance for things to break or need adjusting.

I just need these last few discrepancies cleared up so I can't start building!!! If someone has a proven simple setup and can give me a quick run down, I will do a step by step with pictures for the forum. Seeing as how there doesn't seem to be one for a RDWC. not in the how-to's or anywhere on the search anyways. haha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: RDWC plans [Re: henik0]
    #612320 - 03/11/12 06:34 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

should the pump push water through a main line that feeds near the top of the buckets or should the pump be at the very end of the return line(s) "pulling" the water through the system?

You can do either way so pick the one that is the easiest to set up.

This is a proven system just copy it

http://www.cch2o.com/

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #612338 - 03/11/12 02:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

When I was running RDWC I pushed the water through.  The water drops in from lid of your bucket.  Make sure that the pump you run isn't too big.  The majority of problems I ever had with DWC is that the roots tend to clog up your drain hole at the bottom and cause the buckets to overflow.  So my solution was to just use smaller pumps So that the water had more time to drain out.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinehenik0
Stranger

Re: RDWC plans [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #612349 - 03/11/12 03:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I've seen that type of design and I think that'll be what I end up building. what size PVC should I use for the feed lines and return line? like 3/4" and 1/2"?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #612358 - 03/11/12 04:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Not PVC, Rubber hosing.  Go down to your grow store they have all the fittings and hose that you'll need.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale