Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Intake / Exhaust Help...also tent confusion 101.
    #609542 - 02/16/12 06:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So, my buddy just did some much needed maintenance to his grow space. Basically, before, it was just a big open room, so he never bothered with any air flow stuff besides a fan moving air around his plants.

Now, hes getting a tent I guess...either 32"x32"x60" OR 36"x20"x60", most likely the bigger one.

Its about 45 cubic feet.

Hes looking at 2 of these:

http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-4in-Inline-Duct-Fan.asp

I know its not the best option, but its all his budget will really allow at the moment, and it HAS to be better than nothing. I understand these are supposed to just be "booster" fans, but its all he can afford. I'm sure you can understand that.

Anyway, 3 questions.

1. Can he exhaust / intake from the same room? The room he'd be using is...let me think...like 2200 cubic feet. If he pops some windows open, will that be enough room to get "fresh" air? His wife has set strict limits on him :lol: Pulling/pushing to outdoors really isn't an option at the moment. I guess he could stick one of the ducts in the window...

2. When the time comes to upgrade his fans, he said he'll be doing it one at a time. Which of the fans does it make more sense to upgrade first? Intake, or exhaust? I know its probably about the same, but I'd guess intake myself.

3. He doesn't have an air-cooled reflector at the moment, so will running the duct into the tent via the ports and NOT connecting it to the reflector work? The tent he is getting says he only really needs one fan, for exhaust. How accurate is that? It has passive intake ports at the bottom I guess...are these as useful as claimed?

Thanks so much!

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Edited by RasJeph (02/16/12 07:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Intake / Exhaust Help...also tent confusion 101. [Re: RasJeph]
    #609544 - 02/16/12 08:10 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah he can do that. Of course it would be better to push/pull from the outside, but if he doesn't have that as an option then that should work fine with some open windows.

Upgrade the exhaust fan first. If he gets a good enough one it'll have enough suction to basically function as an overdrive on the intake fan. 

When I was growing in a tent I only had an exhaust fan and used the vents at the bottom for my passive intake, some of the densest nugs I've ever grown because it forced the airflow straight over the buds on the way out the tent.  I didn't even use ducting, I just hooked up the fan directly to the "out" port on the tent and went to town.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Intake / Exhaust Help...also tent confusion 101. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #609546 - 02/16/12 08:51 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup: awesome to know man, thanks!

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds