Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
DYI DWC
    #606965 - 01/27/12 08:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So I miss the days when stoner ingenuity came in handy: back when parental consequences were more of an imminent threat than the legal ramifications (and too young to buy rolling papers). Therefore it was necessary to be able to fabricate a pipe out of whatever: water bottles, fruits and vegetables, glass jars, machine parts, etc and then to be able to dismantle it into its inconspicuous constituents on a whim. So after I got slapped with my neighbor this afternoon, I looked around and behold! how easy it is to conceptualize a hydroponics system out of virtually anything:

Large yogurt container
Styrofoam cups
Wire mesh
floss
xacto knife/box cutter
toothpicks
Superglue
scissors
air pump
orthodonic wax
wide-mouth mason jar screw top ring
ice pick
chop stick
primer/gesso
and of coarse perlite and nutrients proper :smirk:

As of now, using Miracle Grow special mix for acid-loving plants 30:10:10 at half the recommended dosage. I will switch to GH two part at an undetermined point in the future as well as build a bigger DYIDWC. Just waiting on the first coat of primer to dry now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Re: DYI DWC [Re: budnectar]
    #606974 - 01/27/12 10:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

haha nice.

Im doing a 4 plant DWC Tub in a week, homedepot/amazon built.

cost.. about 80$ into it :smile:

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen

Re: DYI DWC [Re: Miscusi]
    #606987 - 01/27/12 11:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

As soon as I have a confirmed female, I'm gonna start working towards something like that. $150 for a carbon scrubber? No thanks, I think I hear a $40 solution lol.

Although I think I may have gotten carried away... I invested a bunch of screws, caulk, toothpicks, .75in insulation foam, and poly fill and a shower curtain to construct a 6'x3'6' grow room but... I didn't really count on how suspicious that looks to have a giant mysterious pink box with a hidden shower curtain door taking up half my living space. My landlord gave me a look in passing but shrugged it off cause I'm always on time with my rent (and it was empty anyway).

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
    #606989 - 01/27/12 11:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

budnectar said:
As soon as I have a confirmed female, I'm gonna start working towards something like that. $150 for a carbon scrubber? No thanks, I think I hear a $40 solution lol.

Although I think I may have gotten carried away... I invested a bunch of screws, caulk, toothpicks, .75in insulation foam, and poly fill and a shower curtain to construct a 6'x3'6' grow room but... I didn't really count on how suspicious that looks to have a giant mysterious pink box with a hidden shower curtain door taking up half my living space. My landlord gave me a look in passing but shrugged it off cause I'm always on time with my rent (and it was empty anyway).

lol nice. Be careful :wink:

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #607020 - 01/28/12 09:40 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

How in the sweet flying fuck did I never think of a shower curtain!? :rofl: All this time nailing fucking blankets to my wall :lol:

Jesus man, good call.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen

Re: DYI DWC [Re: RasJeph]
    #607047 - 01/28/12 01:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

That room was originally intended as an FC for growing shrooms but I couldn't shake contaminants and lost my cakes, syringes, and patience. I've got Amanita muscaria and B+ LC's colonizing nicely in the fridge slowly but surely so I'm back to mary jane in the meantime.
So yea, I chose shower curtains because they hold back moisture better.

Well, now I've got 2 seeds popped, I guess I should gather my things for a grow journal. :electrickoolaid:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder