Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
slow seedling growth..
    #605495 - 01/17/12 02:56 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

These are my seedling, notice how small they are.. 6 days...

Every seed i have ever grew was bigger than this, leaf and height wise by 5 days, They are alive.. and growing but very slow.. and i know its not genetics because the DDR's and sour cream (photo period seed) are growing the same.

I think i might be over watering, it has dried out a few times, not bad just top layer, but it may be possible im over watering or, maybe they just dont like the FFOF?

If you look at my grow log you will see were on day 2 and 3 2 of the DDRs were not even sprouted right they were deformed, they have since opened on up and shown life , but sloowww growth.

Maybe i shocked them when i planted them after germination?

either way they will be okay, they will grow, just starting out slow lol.  any input is welcomed, just thought id throw this out there, opinions are always welcomed :P

Quote:

Technical Info:
Soil
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed, Sagarmatha Double Diesel Ryder Autoflower

2. How old are your plants? 5 days from sprout, 7 days since initial germination.
4. What size containers are they planted in? jiffy pots and a 1/2 gal cermaic pot.

5. What is your soil mix? FFOF with a bit of coco mixed in)

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Plain tap water thats set open over 24 hours.

7. What is the pH of your water? Unknown at the time.. waiting for tester to arrive via UPS

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
5x26watt CFL (100 equivalent 6500k Daylight) 2x42 watt (150 watt equiv 2700K warm ) CFL 1 52 watt (300watt equiv 2700K Warm ) CFL Total = 1100 watts, I recently shut some lights off so im down to 600watts atm, because of temp issues, was getting into 82, 83 degrees. its stable at 78 now.

11. How close are your lights to the plants? about 1.5-2 inches maybe 3 at best, some light are higher ( the 2700ks)

12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 3x2 x7 closet

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Temp is sualy stable at between 76-79 in the day and 68 at night. Humidity stays below 55% and above 46%

14. What is the pH of the soil? Unknown

16. How much experience do you have growing? Journyman. For sure, Not a novice, not a master but Ive grown my share of buds. But this is my first indoor grow. Ima outside grower generally. and these will actually flower outside soo.. im only veggin indoors :P

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: slow seedling growth.. [Re: Miscusi]
    #605499 - 01/17/12 03:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Did you pack the soil in real hard??  I have seen that be a contributor to slow growth before.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: slow seedling growth.. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #605512 - 01/17/12 04:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

No but i may have watered it down tight possibly?

Should i transplan them to a mix with more perlite or let em ride?

Im 99% sure they are putting 1005 of there growth into roots right npow, then some leafs, more roots then they will take off.. atleast thats happen in my past experiences.

--------------------

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #605516 - 01/17/12 04:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Let them be.  They'll prolly take off eventually

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: slow seedling growth.. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #605518 - 01/17/12 04:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Let them be.  They'll prolly take off eventually

eventually, my thoughts exactly :wink:

I reduced lighting in the room to 400watts, that's plenty for seedling, once they start flourishing its back up to 1100.

--------------------

Nanook said:

Offlinethe man

#605644 - 01/18/12 01:32 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

wiki down  SOPA  WTF is happening haha

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: slow seedling growth.. [Re: the man]
    #605955 - 01/20/12 12:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:aweyeah:

--------------------

Nanook said:

Offlinethe man

#606795 - 01/26/12 08:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i really am excited to see how your sourcream turns out. potent shit! double bag and i couldnt smoke it cause it just zapped me way to hard even one hoot, not to high just electric. other people had the same thing old hippies being like dam thats the crazy shit. very dif smell too, very gooey. the high mellowed out a great deal after a couple months in the jar. and possible just could have waited for more amber

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: slow seedling growth.. [Re: the man]
    #606798 - 01/26/12 08:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

the man said:
i really am excited to see how your sourcream turns out. potent shit! double bag and i couldnt smoke it cause it just zapped me way to hard even one hoot, not to high just electric. other people had the same thing old hippies being like dam thats the crazy shit. very dif smell too, very gooey. the high mellowed out a great deal after a couple months in the jar. and possible just could have waited for more amber

Well I am handing the SC over to a friend as soon as it warms up it will be a organic outdoor grow in a garden :P I will still be keeping track of it in my grow log tho :wink:

And will deff get smoke from it at harvest time to do a smoke report! :laugh:

--------------------

Nanook said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies