Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
Medical Marijuana's Unlikely New Florida Savior
    #605388 - 01/16/12 01:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Medical Marijuana's Unlikely New Florida Savior Is 64-Year-Old Larcenia Bullard
January 16, 2012 - miaminewtimes.com

If you'd told Larcenia Bullard 35-years ago - back when she was teaching school kids for a living -- that she'd one day use her lofty platform as a Florida state Senator to advocate for marijuana reform, she would have banished you to the principal's office. "I would not have possibly imagined that to be true," Bullard says, laughing. "It was not an issue I'd given two thoughts to before."

Yet today Bullard - a 64-year-old woman who spent last year toting an oxygen cart around Tallahassee because of heart problems -- has become the unlikely hero of the Sunshine State's budding cannabis movement. When Bullard sponsored a bill last week that would give voters a chance to legalize medical marijuana, bringing pot reform bills to both the Senate and House for the first time in three decades, her phone started blowing up with support.

"I've been shocked at the number of people calling and promising to come to the capitol to talk about how medical cannabis has helped them," Bullard says.

The elderly politician's late-career move toward NORML was sparked by her mother's death and her own serious illness. Bullard -- first elected to represent south Dade and Monroe in the Senate in 2002 after a decade in the House - watched her mom deteriorate from Alzheimer's disease until her death this past May.

As Bullard recovered from her own bout of heart disease at home, she started reading studies about marijuana's benefits to Alzheimer's patients.

"For patients like my mother, whose only options are medicines with intolerable side effects or diseases which take away their ability to live, cannabis can really help," she says.

The more she read about the ten other states that have legalized medical pot, the more she felt the move could also help cure Florida's $2 billion budget gap.

With Tallahassee gripped by an ugly redistricting fight and Republicans leery of all things hemp, Bullard realizes getting traction on marijuana reform won't be easy.

"At least I can open the door to a discussion," she says. "I'm going to support this as long as I'm in office."

SOURCE: http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/01/medical_marijuanas_unlikely_ne.php

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds