Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Proof revegging works!
    #604122 - 01/06/12 12:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Haha, I didn't really believe it worked myself. Its definitely not an ideal way to save genetics, but it looks like revegging after harvest IS an emergency option.

If you find those mystical genetics by some random chance (amazing flavor, amazing color, etc) after you threw your girls in the flower room without taking a clone, there IS a miracle you can perform after shes done.

Now, this bud wasn't "miracle" bud by any measure (very good! but not something I really gave a shit about saving) so this was just an experiment to see if it worked.

You can see my journal here:

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/598148#598148

where this plant grew...here she was when I stuck her back in the veg room under 24/0. Didn't do anything to her except leave behind that tiny little stunted mutated branch. I switched her to plain tap water.

I left it in there and kinda forgot about it. A few weeks later, I needed space, so I cloned it to a solo cup when I saw new growth. I don't have much luck with clones, so I wasn't holding my breath.

I just simply cut it, dipped it, stuck it in the dirt. It looked pretty crappy for a while, but last week I pulled it up (1 month after first revegging) and it had some roots. I watered it generously, and this week it had a LOT of roots going.

So, I repotted her once again into her old container, and this is what she looks like today:

It looks like the plant topped itself, but it certainly has a lot of new growth shooting out. The leafs look a little burnt on the tips (I haven't fed it yet!) but its coming along.

Once she gets of size, I'm going to chop her all down except one branch again into clones, and hope the clones take. If the clones take a final time, I'll be spraying one with CS to get some female pollen from her, and crossing her with one of the other clones.

This winter has been very educational to me, and it feels great learning all these new techniques. I've done a lot of experiments (first reveg, first coir run, first seedrun attempt, seedlings in rockwool) and I feel I've learned some real solid techniques!

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Proof revegging works! [Re: A To The K]
    #604134 - 01/06/12 02:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Always wondered about this.
Thanks for the info.
Great work.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Proof revegging works! [Re: KaptKid] * 1
    #604152 - 01/06/12 04:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Of course it works.  We wouldn't tell people it does if it really didn't work.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Proof revegging works! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #604157 - 01/06/12 04:47 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Of course it works.  We wouldn't tell people it does if it really didn't work.

^

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Proof revegging works! [Re: phrostbyte]
    #604164 - 01/06/12 04:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I meant more the stripping down of a plant after harvest and revegging. I didn't believe a plant cut down to a single branch could revert to vegetative growth, and it sure does.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Proof revegging work [Re: A To The K]
    #604167 - 01/06/12 05:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, its pretty crazy.  Not really worth the time and effort in my opinion.  Unless for some reason you didn't get a cutting off of it before or something and it was just the bomb or some shit like that.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds