Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
127 Hours
    #603884 - 01/04/12 12:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Have you seen it or read the book the movie is based on?
I'm sure we all remember what happened from when it was on the news.

I saw the movie last night, it was on Max or something on New Years Eve and I set it to record. It was really good, IMO. Better than I expected it to be.

Everything in the film is accurate to real life except for one scene where he shows two girls a secret cave pool, in real life he only taught them some climbing moves.

The story is so fascinating to me, what a fucked up thing to have to go through. But in the book he really explains it as if he was reborn and it was beautiful and I felt really happy for him that he went through all that and survived because it must have been the best feeling ever when he finally freed himself from that rock.

The one thing that is so disturbing to me is how he had to pluck his nerve string in his arm apart. :eek: (he said it was like his arm was dipped in a boiling hot metal)

He also had phantom limb pain which is such an interesting condition, and it can actually be cured with session with some mirrors.
You angle the mirror so you are looking at your good limb where your ghost limb is and then by stretching your arm you are able to make your ghost arm move (it all has to do with this body imaging processor in the brain)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: 127 Hours [Re: FRACTALife]
    #603885 - 01/04/12 01:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The plucking of the nerve string in the arm seemed so excruciating. I thought it was lolsy when he
started to get delirious. 'Scooby DOoby Doo' lol

Great movie, though I never read the book.

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: 127 Hours [Re: I_AM_SWIM] * 2
    #603891 - 01/04/12 02:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

That moment was hella intense. I was squirming like a decapitated white baby. The movie was good good.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: 127 Hours [Re: King Koopa]
    #603892 - 01/04/12 02:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:ilold:
I found the movie to be damn good, as well as a reminder never to go climbing alone.:yesnod:

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: 127 Hours [Re: Stoneth]
    #603894 - 01/04/12 02:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
a reminder to never to go climbing:yesnod:

:yesnod:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: 127 Hours [Re: King Koopa] * 1
    #603895 - 01/04/12 02:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Aaron Ralston is an embarrassment to outdoor enthusiasts everywhere and should have died in that canyon.

--------------------

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: 127 Hours [Re: Stoneth]
    #603910 - 01/04/12 05:05 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I liked it, one more movie that keeps me from enjoying the great outdoors....... grizzly man and into the wild did a damn good job too.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: 127 Hours [Re: King Koopa]
    #603918 - 01/04/12 05:56 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Quote:

Stoneth said:
a reminder to never to go climbing:yesnod:

:yesnod:

He said climbing alone! :yuno:
Though I see what you did there.
Climbing is really fun, especially when you 'let go' after the climb——entrusting the belayer.

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 127 Hours [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #603926 - 01/04/12 07:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Aaron Ralston is an embarrassment to outdoor enthusiasts everywhere and should have died in that canyon.

:horly:

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: 127 Hours [Re: FRACTALife]
    #603980 - 01/05/12 07:28 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I never watched it, but a friend of mine found the same water bottle thing the dude had in the movie on the beach. And he still uses it to this day. :lol::shrug:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: 127 Hours [Re: RasJeph]
    #604250 - 01/07/12 11:51 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i loved how after he cut off his arm, he stepped back, and took a picture of himeself.

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 127 Hours [Re: iStoner]
    #604253 - 01/07/12 12:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:lol: yeah that was epic
my little brother kept talking about that afterward.
he sat through the whole thing with me, he's only ten. :crazy2:
he's very tough though, and after he saw the movie he was like "I'm never complaining about anything ever again! I feel like I can do anything!" :rofl:
goof for him I say :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by FRACTALife (01/07/12 12:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom