Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrossingTheStar
Stranger

Advice for automatic
    #601167 - 12/12/11 09:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hi, this is my first post on the growery. I spend a lot of time on the shroomery, but I figured I'd (obviously) get better weed growing tips here.

Anyway, here's the deal. This will be my first grow. I have indica dominant strain seeds, but I don't want to wait 6 months for my weed.
I got a free autoflower seed with the purchase, and I'm gonna try to grow it.  I'm gonna list as many details of what I'm using and will try to do.

Okay, so the seed,
http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/dinafem-seeds-critical-automatic/prod_3290.html
That's the exact seed and I got it from that same website.

I'm gonna use high quality compost with different types of soil mixed in, and leaves and other decomposed stuff.
I'm gonna use a 3 gallon pot that drains out water that the plant doesn't suck up.
150 watt HPS light. Here's a link to exactly where I got it. http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-HTGSupply-150-watt-High-Pressure-Sodium-Grow-Light.asp

I don't have any nutes for the first 2-3 weeks (seedling stage for autos) but I have some highish quality 0-0-1 flowering liquid nutes. I know enough to stop giving nutes 1-2 weeks before harvest.

Oh yeah, and if you didn't click the link to the seed, it happens to be feminized.
I am really hoping to get around an ounce or a tiny bit more.

So, feel free to tell me if I should be doing anything differently, and recommend any techniques to me.

Oh, and I am unfortunately unable to measure or alter PH levels, but I think I'll manage.

Edited by CrossingTheStar (12/12/11 09:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: Advice for automatic [Re: CrossingTheStar]
    #601180 - 12/12/11 11:08 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i would say if you want to do it optimal
pasteurize your compost mix-you will end up with bugs-
also i would use a 5 gallon bucket and start the seed in that bucket.
use an an osculating fan and floros to prevent stretching and supplement your 150.

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #601196 - 12/13/11 06:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Getting a full oz from an auto is certainly possible, but takes a bit of tweaking.

I 100% recommend running 24/7 for at least some of the grow, and once its sexed dropping to 18/6 (its an auto so it will still flower).

They aren't really toppable in my experience, they don't veg long enough to allow for it, so you're going to have to LST it and tie down branches rather than going that route.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: Advice for automatic [Re: RasJeph]
    #601205 - 12/13/11 07:19 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So whats your growspace?
Are you just gonna do 1 plant?
What Exactly is going in the soil? (do you know the initial ph?)
How are you gonna ventilate/cool?
:vibin:
P.S. Welcome

OfflineCrossingTheStar
Stranger

Re: Advice for automatic [Re: Dimo114]
    #601226 - 12/13/11 11:10 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

grod31 said:
i would say if you want to do it optimal
pasteurize your compost mix-you will end up with bugs-
also i would use a 5 gallon bucket and start the seed in that bucket.
use an an osculating fan and floros to prevent stretching and supplement your 150.

Well, at least I have a fan already to use. I might be able to find a 5 gallon bucket, but it won't drain (thus better chance of mold). Anyway, how should I sterilize my soil without baking it? I have to be really stealthy.
Quote:

RasJeph said:
Getting a full oz from an auto is certainly possible, but takes a bit of tweaking.

I 100% recommend running 24/7 for at least some of the grow, and once its sexed dropping to 18/6 (its an auto so it will still flower).

They aren't really toppable in my experience, they don't veg long enough to allow for it, so you're going to have to LST it and tie down branches rather than going that route.

I'll start 24/0 and move to 22/2 after about 3 weeks.
But what do you mean by lst'ing it, and tying it down? I never understood how that works.
Quote:

Dimo114 said:
So whats your growspace?
Are you just gonna do 1 plant?
What Exactly is going in the soil? (do you know the initial ph?)
How are you gonna ventilate/cool?
:vibin:
P.S. Welcome

My closet, all cleaned out so nothing in the way, at least 4x4.
0-0-1 nutes meant especially for flowering stage. I'm not gonna use them for the first 3 or last 1-2 weeks, don't worry.
As I said, I can't measure or really change the pH but I think it will still work out. It's a 2.5 - 3 month grow anyway. If it fails, I can always get some more autos by then.
And thank you.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #601235 - 12/13/11 12:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You simply tie branches over so the other branches can get light.

Instead of having a tall plant, you end up with a wide plant.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
    #601240 - 12/13/11 12:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Section off a 1x2 area of your closet w/ panda film and use that space, otherwise you wont have enouph light.
By "what exactly is going in the soil" I meant whats your soil mix, sorry for the confusion.
Autos flowers will go into flowering around 3 weeks after "birth", so you dont need vegitative nutes BUT you want some N and lots of P in your flowering nutes, o rd the plant will have defficiencys.

Anyway, without knowing what your soil/water ph is youre blind. the best chance you have is flushing the soil b4 using it, so you at least know youre starting off at 6.5-7. Still, I recomend investing the 10$ for a ph meter

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals