Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Flushing coir
    #601094 - 12/12/11 09:50 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ugh, this shit really retains salts doesn't it?

Lesson learned, I'm gonna have to cut back my nutes by about half...probably not NEEDED to be that much, but I'd rather be safe than sorry :mad2: I only have one that got significant burn to it, but I can tell the others were getting close.

Anyway, I'm getting close to harvest time on my solo cup plant. Shes in coir too. I'm wondering how long I should flush with just water? Typical 2 weeks of soil? Is 2 weeks too long? Shes in week 7 now, I'll be flushing all week and probably chopping at the end of next week.

Is it required to flush for that long with coir? Also, is it required to flush with double the container size each time? I like to do a daily flush, and when I get to these half gallon pots, thats a LOT of fucking water...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Flushing coir [Re: A To The K]
    #601126 - 12/12/11 02:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah coco will hold the salt, if over feed.
But I only plan on a seven day flush myself, first three days with Final Phase, and the last four with just plain water.  Each plant is getting one gallon per day, and are in one and half gallon pots.

I never had an issue with salt built up tho, most likely because I flush once a week regardless.  This I do with just water at 3x pot volume.

I also run my ppms at half what I would a flood and drain or drip system.
Roughly 750 ppm.

Hope this helps, it's my first time too, so I may not be exactly right, but do know it's working wonderfully up to this point.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Flushing coir [Re: Stoneth]
    #601158 - 12/12/11 07:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'd love to do a weekly thang, but lugging the pots up and down my stairs once every 3 weeks is enough of a chore :sad:

They're just going into week 5 now, so they'll be due right at week 8 for a flush...and if they finish up anything like the solo cup girl I have, 9 weeks is spot on, so a one week flush would be sweet.

I only have one with a significant burn - and if I remember correctly, it was sensitive all throughout its life. Yup, looking back through my notes, every week had something negative to it. Bad genes. But either way, when I flushed, the first probably pint of trickle was rather yellow and salt filled...so I'm gonna cut them back from the chart by about half probably.

The others have some burnt tips, but nothing too serious. I could probably keep pushing it at full strength for most of them, but I'll cut back since they're doing awesome anyway.

You mentioned 3x pot volume - really? Wow, that would be a TON of water to pH at a time for me...I do 2x and it runs clear way before I even get 1x, so I'm assuming its sufficient. I'm liking coir really...but the end result will tell me if its worth sticking with :wink: Certainly is a lot less messy!

Jump to top Pages: 1