Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejboogz
Wizard

Soil question
    #596893 - 11/14/11 01:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Im actually using everything but soil...pretty much.

I have 4 seedlings in a mix of perlite/verm/cow manure compost

and 3 auto seedlings.

All 7 were started in peat pellets.

my next mix will consist of Coco, perlite, cow manure compost and spent cubensis substrate.

so here is my question;

Can i put more than 1 plant in a container without sectioning the soil mix?

I figure I dont actually need a whole pot for the autos, so i was thinking of sectioning off a 5gal bucket with cardboard and putting 1 in each section. I just want to know if that is necessary.

Will the roots strangle each other if I dont section?

Thanks in advance!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: Soil question [Re: jboogz]
    #596899 - 11/14/11 02:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

each plant including the autos will benefit from having a 5gallon+ container of its own. with that said. yes you can plant more then one plant in one bucket. obviously some will prevail
i use manure compost and spent mushroom substrates in my soil mixes .:thumbup:

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Edited by grod31 (11/14/11 02:43 PM)

Offlinealjeezzy
killa
 User Gallery

Loc: east 10
Re: Soil question [Re: grod31]
    #596914 - 11/14/11 06:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

like grod said. as long as they dont have to fight for nutes. think of how they live in nature. each plant in its own pot is optimal though

Offlinejboogz
Wizard

Re: Soil question [Re: aljeezzy]
    #596925 - 11/14/11 07:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Do autos need a full 5 gallons?

I mean, is there a difference between yield from an auto in a 3gal bucket and an auto in a 5gal bucket?

I know the space allocated for the roots to thrive is a limiting factor, but how much does that apply to autoflowering strains?

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #596930 - 11/14/11 08:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Please don't use cardboard. That just sounds like it'll fuck you all around. Think of how much shit grows on wet cardboard...ew.

As far as autos go, I'm not sure an auto could EVER fully utilize a full 5 gallon bucket. I'm sure it depends on 1000's of different factors (nutes, pheno, light, medium...etc, etc) but even the best auto I ever had in a 3 gallon bucket never completely filled it up with roots like a photoperiod plant.

Edit: Interesting question about the roots getting at eachother. I'm also interested in the answer now. You could be on to something there. I know people have done it with soil in those mega big rubbermaids, but I'm not sure how a 5 gallon bucket would do with 3 plants.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: Soil question [Re: RasJeph]
    #597047 - 11/15/11 01:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

short answer is yes. an auto can utilize an entire 5 gallon bucket

there is a world of difference between an auto started in a peat puck and transplanted into 3 gallon bucket and an auto started in a 5 gallon bucket.
if you have a tun of auto seeds because you bred your own i would say the more the merrier but if all you have is 3 i would baby them.

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Offlinejboogz
Wizard

Re: Soil question [Re: grod31]
    #597164 - 11/16/11 01:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I may try the Paul Stamets Method with my clones and other seeds. Dust my seeds with mycorrhizal spores and then germinate them in my mix in a huge tote or something. That way even if I use cardboard, the roots and mycelium will colonize it. Plus with the network of mycelium, I wont have to worry about my plants fighting for nutrients and possibly killing one another.

Ill keep everyone posted since im gonna try this on my last two NL autos and any clones I take from this crop....:wink:

--------------------

Offlinealjeezzy
killa
 User Gallery

Loc: east 10
    #597173 - 11/16/11 02:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

myco is cheap if you get it off the internet. local shit has 3:3:3 nutes and i don't get it. shultz had a product that has organisms in the teens that was 75% water crystols and its inexpencive and good. with high benificial organisms you can use more P. instead of 4:3:6 it is 4:6:6. rain water is the best for the group. if you use water from the tap alot of shit will die and you have to knock your soil up again after the chlorine has evaporated. im currently using the shultz w/ crystols and i see 3gal of roots in under 40days. its crazy to see side by side growth differences between myco and nonMyco. it blows my mind

Offlinejboogz
Wizard

Re: Soil question [Re: aljeezzy]
    #597212 - 11/16/11 06:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Jeezy, you just reminded me of these bio-gel polymer crystals i bought 2 years ago from Beijing. They sent me like 1000 for $5. Thats inexpensive hydro right there "crystal soil" haha...Damn, everywhere i look there is another functional tool.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract