Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
man i'm a little scared
    #596206 - 11/08/11 02:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

last week they found a tumor on my dads bladder, they removed it yesterday and found out it was actually larger than his bladder. They had some issue afterwards with reconnecting everything and used a catheder on him. Thismorning they took it out and he couldn't use the bathroom, and he still has crazy high bloodpressure, so they put it back in before they were going to rescan his bladder. I feel so horrible, me and my dad have gone to help/visit my mom all the dozens of times she has been hospitalized. But i can't be there because i have no way and i simply won't have enough rent money if i take time off. I'm not really looking for sympathy but i'm just the kind of person who doesn't let people know i'm really worried about this kind of stuff, probably because of how much i dealt with it with my mom, so i just had to vent it out... I feel so horrible though, because my mom can't even visit him because of how bad her immune system is she can't risk being there. I guess i can at least be glad his sister and some of his friends are staying out there with him.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: man i'm a little scared [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #596212 - 11/08/11 02:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry man, that sucks. don't stress yourself out too bad. sending some good vibes to your dad. :heart:

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #596218 - 11/08/11 02:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Its tuff when you care for someone and can't be with them.

Positivie vibs your way.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
    #596343 - 11/09/11 07:21 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I feel you, stay strong. Your dad needs you to be stronger then him right now. I'm dealing with a similar situation right now. Met the love of my life and she has ovarian and pancreatic cancer. I have to pretend or remain stronger then her because for them to see us hurt hurts them worse.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: man i'm a little scared [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #596357 - 11/09/11 09:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

that's probably what it is, i don't really think about it because i've been through this whole rodeo with my mom. I got to talk to him today though, it's going to be a few weeks until he can leave the icu and go home, and a few months for him to go back to work. The mass had feelers so a pathologist has to check it out. I'm hoping it hasn't spread, i'll at least be able to see him on thanksgiving at the least. Man my cats and dogs have to be going crazy (especially the cat that sleeps with him). My moms at least been able to go out to the icu (there isn't anyone infectious in there right now, and it has its own entrance icu visitors can use if they need handicap style access). I wish i could be working tonight, but i got called and they gave me the night off because i filled in for someone monday (they didn't want to give me more than 32 hours). Everything has been going the best we could expect since his bladder ruptured though, for some reason his high blood pressure even droped that wasn't getting helped by any medicine he had been trying.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Jump to top Pages: 1